autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs Gold Class Foam Applicators -- GONE???

I love these little things. When my poor Cobra applicators fall apart after using them twice, these things hold up longer and better than anything else. And at this price, it's a BARGAIN!

Wal*Mart used to sell them for $1.67 and now I cannot find them anywhere. I'm very upset as I'm about to run out! I've gone to three Wal*Marts, local Pep Boys, 'O Reilly's and AutoZone. NOTHING!!!

Where can a brother find some??? Please help!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont ever recall having a Pinnacle Foam Applicator fall apart or go bad. I do replace them often, but never to date. I buy them in bulk and keep them for months before use also.

Pinnacle Foam Wax Applicator- Great applicators- Great results!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    My Pinnacle Foam pads have been fine, I have some that are a year old and have no tearing or anything. But I was always interested in those Meg Pads, saw a lot of people say they were the best they've used for some reason.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, those are the ones I have bought in the past. One started "rotting" on me and just started crumbling apart. I think they are fine for paste waxes, but I don't like applying liquids with them.

Personally, the Megs Foam Pads are the best I have used. They are better value than anything else out there and soak up the right amount of liquid when using them for liquid waxes or sealants.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea they are gone. Who knows why... and did those other guys EVER have foam apps? Seems like all these places are obsessed with MF/terry apps, which as far as I'm concerned, are useless for applying paste waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I'll have to run to my local Wal-marts to grab the last few I can if they have any.

The largest Wal-Mart in the country just opened a few months ago and is like 3 miles away. Will give me another good reason to go that one. They have a great auto section.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46
    Looks like I'll have to run to my local Wal-marts to grab the last few I can if they have any.

The largest Wal-Mart in the country just opened a few months ago and is like 3 miles away. Will give me another good reason to go that one. They have a great auto section.
    Guess I will be going to walmart too tomorrow!!
    Whitethunder46 - quit showing off!!
    hee hee
    LOL

Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    See if you have any local Meg Dealers

Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty sure that none of the Wal*Marts here still have them. I went to Pep Boys and they had one packet left, but the price was stupid. I wrote to Meguiars and they said that they still sell it, for some reason Wal*Mart isn't stocking it any longer. I wish I would have known and bought all they had. ARGH! Apparantly Meguiars.com sells it, but you have to pay tax/shipping. Just wish I could pop down to the local WM and get it there.

FRUSTRATED!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    I am pretty sure that none of the Wal*Marts here still have them. I went to Pep Boys and they had one packet left, but the price was stupid. I wrote to Meguiars and they said that they still sell it, for some reason Wal*Mart isn't stocking it any longer. I wish I would have known and bought all they had. ARGH! Apparantly Meguiars.com sells it, but you have to pay tax/shipping. Just wish I could pop down to the local WM and get it there.

FRUSTRATED!
    funny though - my az has not had them in months! i haven't been able to get any there now in months... always look, too.
    seems weird....
    ~Lulu~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast