autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lexus IS350

Post Thanks / Like

Lexus IS350

My biz partner had his lease on his truck up so needed something quick, he actually wanted a 335i sedan with 6 speed manual but they were impossible to find down here and didn't have time as his lease was due. He ended up picking up an IS350, almost went for the IS250 b/c it comes witha manual trans but again impossible to find w/o ordering and waiting. He just wanted something to drive right now as he needed another car w/ his lease up, gonna pick up a C6 Z sometime. Got a pretty good deal, 3 year lease I think with 1800 down or so and about 470 a month for everything.

I took our Lexus LX470 to the dealer the other day for regular service and almost drove one just to try, but drove his and I actually liked it. Really suprised at how stiff it is, deffinitley not your fathers Lexus lol. Really only negative is no manual trans on the 350 which I think is a huge mistake as that would make it a true competitor to the G35 and 335i which offer manuals. But it really handles well, once set in a corner it just grips and grips. Otherwise I think it's a pretty sharp looking little car and well balanced.

Black. so he's gonna have fun taking care of it lol, he wants me to do a light polish and wax already lol.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a pretty nice car. My buddy has a maroon one. His has nav and all that jazz, and I would definitely wouldn't mind having one. Never drove it though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice car

Post Thanks / Like
    wait till the IS500 arrives next year ...package looks a little to tacky, but the power is easily going to help this little monster.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    wait till the IS500 arrives next year ...package looks a little to tacky, but the power is easily going to help this little monster.
    Yeh the dealer mentioned it to me, already knew about it though, think their calling it the F500 or something like that, but apparently still will only come auto form. Agree though, the concept looked a littel too tacky/ricey.

Tell ya what, if the rumors are true on the next CTS-V that will be one wicked sedan, talked to a family friend of ours who used to be a GM for GM overseas and still has good contacts. Couldn't give a definite answer but there may be a chance of the LS7, but they mentioned something about the new LS3 comming out but in s/c'd form for the V. Either way, going to be sick. Think the new CTS looks great and with a excellent interior.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    IS-F is what they are calling it. The exhaust is super ugly and supposedly they are only bringing over 1000 units.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Is that the one with hybrid engine? Hybrid scares the heck out of me. Fuel economy is nice, but will you loose power by turning your high beams on? Loud music?
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    Is that the one with hybrid engine? Hybrid scares the heck out of me. Fuel economy is nice, but will you loose power by turning your high beams on? Loud music?
    No, supposed to be Lexus answer to the BMW M3 and Caddy CTS-V etc. But the fact that it will only come in manual is odd, I really don't understand how they expect to go after that segment regardless of performance w/o a manual, driver involvment counts and flappy paddles are borring lol.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    No, supposed to be Lexus answer to the BMW M3 and Caddy CTS-V etc. But the fact that it will only come in manual is odd, I really don't understand how they expect to go after that segment regardless of performance w/o a manual, driver involvment counts and flappy paddles are borring lol.
    Prius is week like that though...I think...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    The IS350 is a cute little car!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast