autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

The dealer "WASHED" my car UGGGGHHHHH!

Every time I go in I specifically say to the service rep no wash please. They write it in big bold letters with a black sharpie NO WASH on the service paper and mirror tag. I go in to get my car back from the 20,000 mile service and what do I notice.... hmmm this thing has been run through the "automated handwash" complete with a "plush" microfiber razorblade rub down. The wash was so harsh it took my UTTG right off the tires...

Sorry for complaining but at least here people will understand my plight. I told my friends about it and all they say is at least your car is clean. They don't get it
    Jeff C.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The dealer "WASHED" my car UGGGGHHHHH!

I would have blown up right inside the service department. They did that to me a couple times before I threatened bodily harm.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about it but, I've never been one to get worked up about things. I am very upset with them and let them know that I was. However, I don't think me getting in anyone's face about it would have gotten me anything but an apology anyways. And I'm definitely not using one of their "detailers" to handle the swirl situation.

On a different note. Opti-coat holds up well to those brushes and spinny crap.
    Jeff C.

Post Thanks / Like

My local dealer did that to my car and managed to swirl every painted surface. Blew up to the Service Rep, voice survey, written survey and in an email to company HQ. Their remedy: (wait for it) a free detail at the dealership!!

I hang a "Do Not Wash // No Lavar el Carro" sign from my steering wheel. Cracks up the Service Reps but at least they haven't washed it since.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always bring signs with me and put them in the car. I never thought to put it in Spanish too.

When the day comes that they wash my car I will most definitely be speaking with the manager.

Of course I do have my SeaJay's detailing logo on my rear window so that helps.

Sorry to hear the dealer did wash your car. I certainly would have given them a piece of my mind. It's a simple request. Don't understand what's so hard about it. If anything it's 1 less thing they have to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Jason, they will probably wash it just to prove that they are "real detailers" that could show you a thing or two. I think the sign is a good idea also. My dealer tagged me again last week after I virtually begged them to leave it alone. Dolts!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work at a dealership and I'm amazed sales department offers FREE CAR Wash if they bought from them. I would never let dealer wash my car. The things I seen at work will give you guys nightmare.

My dad bought the TSX to get an oil change, I told him to tell them no car wash. It came back with all swirls.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

I need to make a sign also. They never listen. I have even taken mine in after I detailed it. So it was clean. They still washed it!! Fortunately they didn't swirl it but, the water spots, streaks, etc looked like hell...

Post Thanks / Like

I print out large "DO NOT WASH" and stick them on the glass on all four sides. They'd have to be blind or stupid if they still wash the car then...
    Francis