autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I pre-ordered the iPhone 4GS....

Quote Originally Posted by CAMAROZL1 View Post
    I live in So. Cal and we are getting more and more 4g spots. still I'm waiting for 4G iPhone
    The new iPhone 4s is 4G, I was watching the last Keynote that they had and they compared the speed of the new 4s to other 4g phones, same speed, Apple just doesn't call it 4g.

AT&T Wants Apple to Rebrand iPhone 4S as a 4G Phone - International Business Times

Yancy Martinez - MNKYHead Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

And yes I am getting the new 4s, going to get the 64 gig black. Having three kids, I take a ton of pics and videos. The SIRI is the part that sold me, I use the calendar, reminders (ios5 app) A LOT!!!, and having a easier way to interact with it via voice saves me a ton of time and just like the overall hands free capabilities of it. If you haven't seen the video of it in use, check it out. Pretty amazing. During the keynote, the demo that he did was pretty cool.

You see I think what Apple is doing is truly trying to get us to the Star Trek Level that we always wanted to have when we were kids. Beam me up Scottie!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yancy View Post
    The new iPhone 4s is 4G, I was watching the last Keynote that they had and they compared the speed of the new 4s to other 4g phones, same speed, Apple just doesn't call it 4g.

AT&T Wants Apple to Rebrand iPhone 4S as a 4G Phone - International Business Times

This is not exactly clear, but most people in the industry consider LTE to be "4G". This phone will support HSPA+ on AT&T's network only .... which they claim to be equivalent to "4G like" speeds (14.4Mbps theoretical). The confusing part is AT&T and all the other carriers are still rolling out LTE networks (which for the purists is 4G).

At the end of the day AT&T just wants a way to let consumers know that the data speeds will be theoretically faster on their network, but they are trying to call a technology 4G that is not really 4G.

My decision was to leave AT&T because despite the potentially faster data speeds, I need the coverage and reliability more than occasional speed.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Will someone please clue this old man in as to what is the difference between the iphone 4gs and the iphone 5, or are they one in the same ?
    I have googled them and some say they are the same thing and other post say the five is coming later. I can't keep up with this fast moving tech world and I want to replace my blackberry. Heeeelp !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2old2change View Post
    Will someone please clue this old man in as to what is the difference between the iphone 4gs and the iphone 5, or are they one in the same ?
    I have googled them and some say they are the same thing and other post say the five is coming later. I can't keep up with this fast moving tech world and I want to replace my blackberry. Heeeelp !

There is no iPhone 5, the newest iPhone is the 4s. From the info that I read there won't be another iPhone until this time next year but that is all internet rumors. Welcome to the world of ever-improving technology and keeping up with the Jones! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
    I dont get the whole movie thing..That is one thing I never had any interest in..Who wants to watch a full movie holding a phone in your hand on a tiny 3.5" screen. personally I think the mobile movies are a waste of space.
    Different strokes... And one thing I like about my phone (which isn't an iPhone) is that it offers TV out, so I just attach a cable from my phone to the TV to make a pretty neat portable video player.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a big Apple hater for a long time, but I broke my laptop this past Friday... Well, my roommate works for the school computer repair place and brought me home a Macbook Pro to use. This thing is pretty sweet. If I was due for an upgrade, I would probably buy a 4s, but I'm more than happy with my Inspire 4g.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2old2change View Post

The iPhone 4, and the iPhone 4S (latest release of hardware) share the same screen and body style; however the internals are completely different. The 4S has the new A5 processor (same as iPad2), and what looks to be a fantastic camera that will do 1080p video and stabilization.

The media didn't know what was coming out so they referred to it as the iPhone 5 (which will now be a future device that probably comes out next year).

The progression of past iPhones has been:
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ordered mine because i have an iphone 3G and ipad. my wife has an iphone 4 and an ipad 2. technologically speaking, it's not good for a man to have less advanced electronics than his mate. it's..well... not manly!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    How's the academy going dude?
    Hey Mark, I graduated already...just waiting on a couple interviews. Unfortunately it takes forever to get through the process. Luckily, Max has been very helpful towards letting me help out here until I get that whole situation figured out.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast