autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Sister ruins full interior detail.

So here's the story. I performed a full interior detail on my gf's car, and an exterior will come later. Anyway, the reason for not doing the exterior is because my gf's sister is in and will ultimately be using my gf's car. Ok, now that the story is said and should be understood I get in the car today after she has been using it (sister) the car is a mess. This is just a few days after I performed a full interior detail. Everything I did from steaming the carpets to making the cracks and crevices squeaky clean is now ruined after she has been borrowing the car. Does she ask her sister to pay for another interior detail? ( my gf didn't pAy for it, but the principal is I won't do it again until her sister pays for it) I mean I think her sister should pay for her to get it cleaned again, since she (sister) ruined the perfect interior from being disgusting and inconsiderate. What do you guys think?

"A swirl is a swirl no matter what way you look at it."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sister ruins full interior detail.

That sucks! The fact is though, that is how 98% of people treat their/there family's vehicles. You could ask for her to pay but I don't think she would. Good chance she wouldn't see the problem. Remember, she didn't clean it so she's not looking at it the same way as you. How does your GF feel about the situation?
    Famous last words of a redneck- "Hold my beer, watch this "

Post Thanks / Like

I would wait until her sister is no longer borrowing the car and detail the interior again. Since you just did a full interior detail a couple of days ago it should be alot easier to clean the interior the 2nd time. Since this is your gf's car I wouldn't charge her for the detail. I'm sure she will return the favor.

Post Thanks / Like

I do family cars free, to practice new tools and techniques. My theory is if I screw something up really, really bad, it's family and they will return the favor at some point.

She just paid it forward.
    Mike at www.GreatReflections.biz
    Vancouver, WA's convenient Mobile Detailer comes to you!

Post Thanks / Like

How is the interior ruined if you have paper covering the carpet? Also, it looks like whatever is on the center console can be picked up and then wiped down easily.

To get to your question though... I would just mention it to the sister, but don't expect anything to come of it. Kind of a double edged sword.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't really tell what you mean from the pics. Just looks like the paper floor mats got dirty. Replace them. Or is there more than I can see from the pics? In any case, family dynamics can be a challenge. If you love the gf then you gotta take the sister, too. Sorry your work was messed up, though. Chin up big guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

Thanks for the responses. It just appears from the pics that it's just the floor mats, but it is all over the carpet and stuff. I would never charge my gf, but the fact her sister did this knowing she just had it detailed is what angered me. Dirt an grime is everywhere from makeup to dirt. I am going to do it for my gf regardless, but her sister should at least offer something. Shitty situation, but we shall see after she talks with her sister.

Post Thanks / Like

I think your gf's sister was probably thinking that if she got it dirty you would clean it for free anyways. I don't think she knows the work it takes to do a perfect interior detail. On top of that seeing your recent work got messed up I know how you feel man. I recently did a full detail on my best friends car and I have always taken great care of her vehicles. Well it was time to sell the car and she sold it the same day I did a full detail to her friend. Well this friend brings her car over a week after and its the most horrendous thing I have ever seen! Baby throw up on the seats and bird bombs baked into the clear...
    Roland

Post Thanks / Like
    Rav,

Thanks for your concern, and you're absolutely correct about thinking I will do it again. ( I am sure I will) Messed up story about a friend of mine as well. I do promo work to get referrals from friends, which means I do their car for my cost only and they get me more referrals. Well this kid decided to watch my every move, product and technique. He then tried going out on his own to detail with some bs products and equipment. He also tells people he knows what he is doing, which is all wrong! Anyway, I turned it to my advantage and sold him some of my quality mf towels I bought at wholesale from an online distributor. Win win win in the end I win hahah