autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: nissan frontier

Post Thanks / Like

nissan frontier

the better half and i did some test driving for kicks at the new nissan and honda dealers down the street saturday. she drove a new crv. it was nice. she liked it. she wants to go SUV next time around.

i drove a new frontier. i love my canyon, but i will admit the nissan was a really great compact truck! interior was great and the ride was great. scary thing is if your looking for a full size, they have 8K off the titan pro-4x! one on the lot. that would come in at about 27K!! no brainer if your looking for a full size. i did not drive any titans. it always fun to test drive other vehicles. i have had the canyon about a year now, and really cant fault it. not bad on gas, and fun to drive. i have the 3.7. i would like to drive one with the V8 just to see the difference.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: nissan frontier

you might want to try a honda ridgeline.

the canyon / colorado, tacoma and frontier were all on the list when i was looking for a new mid-size.

what mpg are you getting in the canyon?

chris<pixelmonkey>

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4x4. I like the truck but can't say I love it. The turning radius is not great and it sometimes feels like I am driving a full size when trying to park. I have had a rear wheel bearing replaced and the power window motor for the passenger went bad. These things were disappointing and I sometimes wish I had gone with the Tacoma or Ridgeline...but the Frontier was quite a bit cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

I own a Chevy truck, and it isn't new. So I am dumb on the new products. However.....I have owned several Nissan cars. My wife has owned one as well. All I have to say is that the best car I ever owned in terms of beating the tweetle out of the car, engine and tranny and not having the car break down, was the '89 Nissan 300ZX I had. The other Nissans we have owned, same thing. VERY reliable. I owned a 280ZX and a 300ZX Twin Turbo, and both were rock solid cars.

And my wife was rear ended in her 2005 Nissan Altima by a Chevy Conversion van doing at least 60 mph (wife was stopped at a light), and she walked away from the accident with relatively minor injuries. We have owned BMWs, and I can tell you BMW has nothing over the Nissans as far as crashworthiness. (I own an M6 and was rear ended by a Honda Accord and I have a permanent back injury).
    Take it easy. There are no big deals in life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixelmonkey View Post
    you might want to try a honda ridgeline.

the canyon / colorado, tacoma and frontier were all on the list when i was looking for a new mid-size.

what mpg are you getting in the canyon?

chris<pixelmonkey>

currently getting 21MPG. 85% HI WAY. 15% CITY. 3.7 l. i really love the truck! not well received by the press, but the real owners love them. comming up on 1 year of ownership.
    2018 Colorado ZR2