autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing police vehicles is it worth it?

I have been thinking about offering services to local police departments to clean up the interiors of the police cars.

1. Is it profitable. How much to charge
    2. What equipment is needed
    3. Do I need to get certified to do this

I am a mobile detailer and have almost Lots of products and a good clientele list. I just want to grown my business to keep me busy all week long

Thanks bil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing police vehicles is it worth it?

Obviously, this probably changes from city to city, but as far as I know, police car care is in the hands of individual officers.

My friend is a cop and I often meet up with him to chat at car washes when he doesn't have much going on. Officers in my own community are often spotted at car washes as well, so from my own experience, it's not a department choice.

That's not to say that they might not have a more major service done every so often, but it seems a lot of departments want to push that cost onto their officers.
    -Brent

Post Thanks / Like
    Our force has paid for bed bug removal on multiple cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Here they make people in jail wash the cars. I see 2 or 3 guys in jail jumpsuits washing the officers cars. I think it is some type of county work program.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have an officer that does the cleaning of are cruisers well over sees inmates doing it 8)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRebel View Post
    Here they make people in jail wash the cars. I see 2 or 3 guys in jail jumpsuits washing the officers cars. I think it is some type of county work program.
    It's called CWP

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a friend Who's brother has a contract with the post offices in our area. I don't know how true it is but he tells me that the post office people are not legally allowed to wash there own vehicles it has to be contracted out. Maybe something to look into.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually government runs it.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had our vehicles detailed and we were charged $75.00 a piece. I'm sure it was a wash, wax and interior scrub down. This is in SW Michigan.

Now if you want to do this I will give you two fair warnings. One, watch whats in the back seat. I personally wouldn't touch it. So many people either puke, or go to the restroom in the back not to mention what they leave under the seats.

Second thing is that although its a good idea, keep in mind that you are assuming some liability. Like stated above many things can be found in both the front and backseat of our cars.

This is just some food for thought. Our cars are often neglected and do need some tlc. Most that have body work done and its some pretty cheap paint. I hope some of this info helped and good luck on getting more business.

Post Thanks / Like

I do detailing/washes for the local PD. I wash the SWAT and mobile command units and a few other things. I personally wouldn't touch the cruizers. Police work with the scum of society. I've seen cars after people have crapped and threw up in them. I know by me, they take them to the local car wash place and pay around $3.50 per car to get them washed inside and out. The car wash place does it for the PR and they always have cops at their business.

I would target the specialty vehicles myself. Way more profitable and you don't have to worry about Hep and AIDS among other things. They get the specailty vehicles washed 1 time a month and anytime before they have a parade or public event. I've done a simple wash with wax in the soap and tire dressing for around $100. They like that they can call anytime and have it done asap. Its also nice to work with the local PD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast