autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blu-rays/Home Theater

Quote Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
    Tell me about it..just in past 5years I have passed about $25,000 through my hands buying photography gear.
    Crazy! I love photography though so completely reasonable.

You guys have some awesome home theater setups!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagani Zonda R View Post
    Hi again,

I cannot explain all of those issues but for sure, if you try to watch a Blu-ray movie via HDMI, connected to a 2.0 speakers on a TV, you will lose some sound because the movie was meant to be played in 5.1 and now, it has only 2.0.

If you watch normal DVD (recent ones), they must be in DD 5.1 so if just hooked to your TV, you will lose some sound power.

If you watch a Blu-ray via HDMI an a fake home theater system (kinda Samsung for $200 in a box), it has big chances that it will not decode sound properly (or via toslink).

A tube tv, an LCDTV, an LEDTV, a PLASMA or whatever else only has 2 speakers, so it modifies the sound and you need to crank it up a lot.

My best example to you is this: at home, I have a simple home theater system (Denon amp, Polk Audio speakers, 5.1). When I am watching a movie (DVD, Blu-ray), my amp is at -45 dB and it is loud as hell. On the cable, - 25 dB is low...

Sound source is the difference and the amp...
    Maybe I'm just too stupid for this stuff...but I understand what you are saying about running 5.1 into a "stereo" setup...except I have the same problem if I run it back out thru the HDMI ARC to the "fake" home theater, and I have the same problem if the DVD is only "stereo" (although that's perhaps not as bad). As far as my "fake" home theater, it's Samsung, and Samsung TV, all connected via HDMI--how can it not decode correctly? I've had this problem with a (Sony) DVD player via composite on 2 TV's, and now a Sony BR and the Samsung BR/Home Theater...it just doesn't seem like it should be this complicated, especially now that everything is digital/HDMI.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
    Tell me about it..just in past 5years I have passed about $25,000 through my hands buying photography gear.
    I just bought a 50mm 1.4 and just ordered 15-85mm with Canon 15% off refurbish, 600 shipped. Can't wait to play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gothamite302 View Post
    How do you like your velodyne sub? I have been wanting an upgrade on my sub even though i don't really need one just want to, and since mine is nice a replacement is really expensive

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I'm also itching to upgrade my sub. I was always fond of the Element Design A2-300. I should of gotten it when it was 350 shipped, now its 415 shipped. That sub will rock your house, and neighbors will hate you.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Maybe I'm just too stupid for this stuff...but I understand what you are saying about running 5.1 into a "stereo" setup...except I have the same problem if I run it back out thru the HDMI ARC to the "fake" home theater, and I have the same problem if the DVD is only "stereo" (although that's perhaps not as bad). As far as my "fake" home theater, it's Samsung, and Samsung TV, all connected via HDMI--how can it not decode correctly? I've had this problem with a (Sony) DVD player via composite on 2 TV's, and now a Sony BR and the Samsung BR/Home Theater...it just doesn't seem like it should be this complicated, especially now that everything is digital/HDMI.

Hmm, at this point, I don't know what to tell you... Would you have a link to show me your TV and your home theater system, that may help me to explain the error.

It seems very strange... Have you tried different HDMI cables to see if the sound was better or worse?
    Pagani Zonda R Rules!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345