autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlisle GM Nationals an unexpected place to pick up supplies

My father is in the midst of restoring a 1967 Chevrolet Impala SS; a project which has consumed him for the last four or five years. He's been especially tied up with the vehicle these last few months because he's finally gotten the car painted and has moved on to working with the interior. He has been hunting down all manner of buttons, knobs, weather striping and other items to go along with the stock interior, which brought him to the GM National show at the Carlisle, PA Fairgrounds today. He and my mother go every year, twice a year, to the annual spring and fall shows, but I haven't been able to go because I'm in college and tied up school work and employment. I was able to go today and had a great time. My father walked away empty handed, I however, was able to score some prime detailing supplies which I didn't expect to find.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I expected to see the large Meguiar's truck and a few dealers selling Mother's, but I was totally surprised to find a Poorboy's World tent, which I charged and bought their last bottle of Bug Squash for $11, which has been on my buy list for a few weeks. I got two of the microfiber waffle weave towels for $20, Black Again (which I've been meaning to try on trim that has dried-on wax markings) for $10 and the 303 Aerospace Protectant for $12. I got three spray bottles for $5 which always come in handy and six foam applicators for $5 from a Mother's dealer.

I left really satsfied, but I wish I could say the same for my dad. Didn't mean to bore you with this, but I was excited and had to share with someone.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlisle GM Nationals an unexpected place to pick up supplies

It looks like the color of BugSquash has changed from green to blue ??

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlisle GM Nationals an unexpected place to pick up supplies

I was looking at the same change in color when I checked AutoGeek for the product. Hope the quality of the product is not diminished.