autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Got my Flex order yesterday, so excited to start using. Not had to change to play with new toy yet, life getting in way, but booked a detail for next week.

Post Your Unpacking Pictures-dscf5775-1-jpg
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Durallymax View Post
    The PE14 is an awesome rotary. I own a dwp849x too that I use for metal polishing. Flex is much nicer but cant handle the metal stuff.
    Why do you say so? Im just curious.

The PE-14 however is a superb machine, Ive experienced it first hand - machine of my friend. Superlight, and at the end of the day wont give you that backache, which other machines usually do.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpartha View Post
    Why do you say so? Im just curious.

The PE-14 however is a superb machine, Ive experienced it first hand - machine of my friend. Superlight, and at the end of the day wont give you that backache, which other machines usually do.

The Flex is lighter, quieter, smoother, more ergonomic and has better electronics than the DeWalt.

However for metal polishing you need grunt. The flex only turns 2200rpm max which is too slow for polishing metal. The DeWalt runs 3500. Enough guys run 6000rpm grinders. I tried this with our 9" Metabo and I didnt see any gains, it ripped the wheel apart faster and weighd twice as much as the DeWalt. Another nice feature is the lint screens. They are filled up in less than one minute which does not hurt its operation at all as air can still pass. The Flex has no screens so all of that stuff runs through it. I used the Flex on the metal stuff once and it didnt seem happy, got very hot compared to the DeWalt and I could see the buildup where it sucks the air in forming on the aluminum casting. The airway wheels shed a very fine lint embedded with metal particles, overtime all of that running through it I think would have a negative impact on its performance.

I love my Flex but its a machine for paint which is exactly what it was designed for. I wish them or Metabo made a compareable machine to the 849 so I didnt have to buy DeWalt but oh well.
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Durallymax View Post
    The Flex is lighter, quieter, smoother, more ergonomic and has better electronics than the DeWalt.

However for metal polishing you need grunt. The flex only turns 2200rpm max which is too slow for polishing metal. The DeWalt runs 3500. Enough guys run 6000rpm grinders. I tried this with our 9" Metabo and I didnt see any gains, it ripped the wheel apart faster and weighd twice as much as the DeWalt. Another nice feature is the lint screens. They are filled up in less than one minute which does not hurt its operation at all as air can still pass. The Flex has no screens so all of that stuff runs through it. I used the Flex on the metal stuff once and it didnt seem happy, got very hot compared to the DeWalt and I could see the buildup where it sucks the air in forming on the aluminum casting. The airway wheels shed a very fine lint embedded with metal particles, overtime all of that running through it I think would have a negative impact on its performance.

I love my Flex but its a machine for paint which is exactly what it was designed for. I wish them or Metabo made a compareable machine to the 849 so I didnt have to buy DeWalt but oh well.
    Oh now i got it .

Flex does have a heavier bigger rotary and it runs at even higher speeds. One of the dealers here had one such pre owned machine for sale. Cant seem to remember the model number - perhaps you can get that.

All I know about flex is they are super durable and are built from inside out to last as long as you use it only for paint - like you said. Other than these two machines, they sell a lot more stuff - perhaps those can be used on metal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmanjohn View Post
    Got my Flex order yesterday, so excited to start using. Not had to change to play with new toy yet, life getting in way, but booked a detail for next week.
    Very nice order, zmanjohn!!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpartha View Post
    Oh now i got it .

Flex does have a heavier bigger rotary and it runs at even higher speeds. One of the dealers here had one such pre owned machine for sale. Cant seem to remember the model number - perhaps you can get that.

All I know about flex is they are super durable and are built from inside out to last as long as you use it only for paint - like you said. Other than these two machines, they sell a lot more stuff - perhaps those can be used on metal.

Trust me, I researched every German brand before buying the DeWalt, Metabo, Flex, Fein, Festool etc.

Flex doesnt make a large enough machine. I run the 10" wheels shown a few posts up, for polishing so I need a larger frame machine which Flex does not offer. They also do not offer enough power. Metabo has hundreds of grinder configurations but surprisingly none that compete with the 849x.

The 849x is long which is important when running 10" wheels and makes controlling the machine nicer since polishing metal will really take your arms for a ride if not careful.

The 849x has good speed and decent power. It also has variable speed.

The 849x is very light. Even if there is some advantage to using a 9" grinder, they weigh 2x as much as the 849 and after a long day I think I know which one id pick.

The lint screens, bale handle and rubber head are nice touchs as well.
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like

Just received this today.

Post Thanks / Like

Took a while for me to get it up here, but here it is, my order from the forum discount code sale.

Also received a free Autogeek briefcase that is very well built with plenty of storage and space, however the image somehow got corrupted so I don't have any pictures of it, but thought I would still share. Looks and feels great, I just don't have any use for it lol

Post Thanks / Like
    A little duragloss order that came today.
    Post Your Unpacking Pictures-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373604826-403415-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Received my second order from Autogeek today.

Box has no sign of damage or stains... very good start.

Good packaging this time around.

Everything is in good shape!

Page 415 of 938 FirstFirst ... 315365405406407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423424425465515915 ... LastLast