autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Just asking because your ve52 has awesome flow rate. In a lesser machine with less flow rate ( I have a Ryobi as well) a little more soap amps up foam.

You have about 50% more gpm (1.8 vs 1.2). More gpm makes for thicker foam.

Jealous of your PW…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for recommending the Ryobi. I wouldn’t have known where to start without your initial recommendation and I love that thing now.Post Your Unpacking Pictures

2. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

V2 has arrived.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Thanks for recommending the Ryobi. I wouldn’t have known where to start without your initial recommendation and I love that thing now.Post Your Unpacking Pictures
    I’ve upgraded a lot from my initial start but the ryobi does everything I need it to. It’s also lasted way past than I thought I would have it

5. Likes chilly, SNP209, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just asking because your ve52 has awesome flow rate. In a lesser machine with less flow rate ( I have a Ryobi as well) a little more soap amps up foam.

You have about 50% more gpm (1.8 vs 1.2). More gpm makes for thicker foam.

Jealous of your PW…

I really like the active unit I have. Performs very well and the small footprint makes storage a breeze. They're currently going for $200 on amazon if you feel like purchasing one.

I was previously using a greenworks 1700 psi 1.2 gpm PW with a cheap amazon foam cannon that came with a 1.1mm orifice and 2 oz of hyper wash worked well with that setup also. But hey everyone has their preferences and 3 oz might be the proverbial sweet spot for someone else.

7. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Next step would be to get some proper sized nozzles. A 3.0 sized orifice nozzle should bump up the flow to a little over 1.4 gpm and drop pressure to a little over 1000 psi. This aids in rinsing off soap and prolongs the life of the pump since it isn't working as hard to produce pressure. You can still keep the smaller sized orifices for other duties but you really don't need a lot of psi for washing your car.

I bought these from amazon that have a rubber guard on them and have no complaints.

Amazon.com

9. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Next step would be to get some proper sized nozzles. A 3.0 sized orifice nozzle should bump up the flow to a little over 1.4 gpm and drop pressure to a little over 1000 psi. This aids in rinsing off soap and prolongs the life of the pump since it isn't working as hard to produce pressure. You can still keep the smaller sized orifices for other duties but you really don't need a lot of psi for washing your car.

I bought these from amazon that have a rubber guard on them and have no complaints.

Amazon.com
    I actually think any less pressure would defeat the whole purpose of using a pressure washer.

Not to mention when I 1st put my hand near the spray pattern when I 1st connected my stubby gun I was shocked at how gentle it felt. So shocked that I immediately connected the stock rifle and did some tests just to make sure the gun wasn’t causing a loss of pressure. Fortunately it wasn’t.

I also made the mistake of putting my hand up to it when I connected the turbo nozzle the 1st day I used it and you best believe I won’t be doing that ever again!Post Your Unpacking Pictureslol.

I dunno about those nozzle guards, they seem kinda gimmicky… I’m sure the guy who came up with them is counting his money right now but cmon. Lol.

1 thing I love about the pressure washer gun is not having to deal with that stiff dial on my garden hose nozzle everytime I want to shut the water off. Now all I have to do is let go of the trigger. I’m also glad I didn’t settle for a cheaper gun because I heard the cheaper ones require more tension to hold the trigger down, which can get your hand tired while using it.

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think any less pressure would defeat the whole purpose of using a pressure washer.

Not to mention when I 1st put my hand near the spray pattern when I 1st connected my stubby gun I was shocked at how gentle it felt. So shocked that I immediately connected the stock rifle and did some tests just to make sure the gun wasn’t causing a loss of pressure. Fortunately it wasn’t.

I also made the mistake of putting my hand up to it when I connected the turbo nozzle the 1st day I used it and you best believe I won’t be doing that ever again!Post Your Unpacking Pictureslol.

I dunno about those nozzle guards, they seem kinda gimmicky… I’m sure the guy who came up with them is counting his money right now but cmon. Lol.

1 thing I love about the pressure washer gun is not having to deal with that stiff dial on my garden hose nozzle everytime I want to shut the water off. Now all I have to do is let go of the trigger. I’m also glad I didn’t settle for a cheaper gun because I heard the cheaper ones require more tension to hold the trigger down, which can get your hand tired while using it.
    I got those nozzles because I had one that looked connected shoot off and ding a car. If you stick with same basic nozzle make sure to point away when first engaging gun… the shoot off with alot of pressure.

13. Likes Eldorado2k, chilly, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got those nozzles because I had one that looked connected shoot off and ding a car. If you stick with same basic nozzle make sure to point away when first engaging gun… the shoot off with alot of pressure.

Thanks but I’ve got it covered, thanks to the tip I learned from the master detailer in this video… It’s because of him that I learned to “check it, and then I check it again”Post Your Unpacking Pictureslol.

How to not detail your car. - YouTube

15. Likes chilly, bill walsh, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks but I’ve got it covered, thanks to the tip I learned from the master detailer in this video… It’s because of him that I learned to “check it, and then I check it again”Post Your Unpacking Pictureslol.

How to not detail your car. - YouTube
    That clown is an amateur

Real detailers just go through a tunnel wash with the windows down

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    That clown is an amateur

Real detailers just go through a tunnel wash with the windows down
    Don’t reveal the secrets dude…Post Your Unpacking Pictures

18. Likes chilly, bill walsh liked this post
Page 931 of 938 FirstFirst ... 431831881921922923924925926927928929930931932933934935936937938 LastLast