autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Link to hose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a 3/8" kobra jet style

https://www.amazon.com/ESSENTIAL-WAS...BXZ5D355&psc=1

2. Likes DanaDetailingPros, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    It's a 3/8" kobra jet style
    Whatever happened to Gangnam style?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Whatever happened to Gangnam style?
    Never left 2012

Post Thanks / Like

For those weighing up MTM stubby guns, these are offered in many different formats depending on the price point or the customer requirements.

SG 28 and SG 35 - Thes guns with the SG prefix generally mean a non-swiveling inlet. This can sometimes be added later, but you may as well just buy with the swivel already fitted. The bodies are different between these two, but essentially look similar save for the grey (SG 28) or blue (SG 35) trim.

SGS 28 and SGS 35 Aqualine - These guns with the SGS prefix denote a standard fit inlet swivel.

In some cases, I have found certain retailers taking a basic SG 28 or SG 35 without fittings (so just the body), then putting on cheaper Chinese swivels, inlet and outlet fittings and calling them a SGS gun, which is a bit cheeky. While they would function similar, you won't get the quality of the MTM fittings.

If you already have a SG style gun and are looking for fittings, I would skip the standard MTM fittings for the US-made MTM Prima items. These are much nicer than the cheaper MTM fittings, but are not as expensive as the Mosmatic equivalents. I have the 3/8 Prima on the outlet of my CobraJet hose, which look and function nicer than the standard MTM fitting.

Search: 17 results found for "Prima" | MTM Hydro Parts - Powered by Veloci Performance Products - MTM Hydro

I find most people prefer the progressive trigger engagement of the MTM guns over the switch-like engagement of the similar looking Mosmatic guns. I'm currently using the OG-spec Mosmatic gun with the concealed swivel for reduced bulk, but the SGS 28 seems to be smoother to use with that progressive trigger.

6. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes bill walsh, ttopak, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Link please?

Sounds good and especially with your experience with it
    you'll most likely need a 3/8" for both ends. if the 3/8" plug comes on the gun already you would take that off and the install this swivel and then the plug on the other end. just make sure to wrap with good plumbing tape so you don't get any leaks...

Pressure Washer Swivel, 3/8 Inch NPT-M Male Thread, 4000 PSI

i'm not a fan of the long swivel (too much length/bulk) and opted for a short one. btw, this pw gun did not come with a swivel...

Attachment 77254

Attachment 77255
    i am the jump starter.

8. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    you'll most likely need a 3/8" for both ends. if the 3/8" plug comes on the gun already you would take that off and the install this swivel and then the plug on the other end. just make sure to wrap with good plumbing tape so you don't get any leaks...

Pressure Washer Swivel, 3/8 Inch NPT-M Male Thread, 4000 PSI

I'm not a fan of the long swivel (too much length/bulk) and opted for a short one...

Attachment 77254

Attachment 77255
    Yup, I need 3/8 m x 3/8 f and I want as short of one as possible

Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

11. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    For those weighing up MTM stubby guns, these are offered in many different formats depending on the price point or the customer requirements.

SG 28 and SG 35 - Thes guns with the SG prefix generally mean a non-swiveling inlet. This can sometimes be added later, but you may as well just buy with the swivel already fitted. The bodies are different between these two, but essentially look similar save for the grey (SG 28) or blue (SG 35) trim.

SGS 28 and SGS 35 Aqualine - These guns with the SGS prefix denote a standard fit inlet swivel.

In some cases, I have found certain retailers taking a basic SG 28 or SG 35 without fittings (so just the body), then putting on cheaper Chinese swivels, inlet and outlet fittings and calling them a SGS gun, which is a bit cheeky. While they would function similar, you won't get the quality of the MTM fittings.

If you already have a SG style gun and are looking for fittings, I would skip the standard MTM fittings for the US-made MTM Prima items. These are much nicer than the cheaper MTM fittings, but are not as expensive as the Mosmatic equivalents. I have the 3/8 Prima on the outlet of my CobraJet hose, which look and function nicer than the standard MTM fitting.

Search: 17 results found for "Prima" | MTM Hydro Parts - Powered by Veloci Performance Products - MTM Hydro

I find most people prefer the progressive trigger engagement of the MTM guns over the switch-like engagement of the similar looking Mosmatic guns. I'm currently using the OG-spec Mosmatic gun with the concealed swivel for reduced bulk, but the SGS 28 seems to be smoother to use with that progressive trigger.

Does that first female fitting on the end of your hose swivel?

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind, I re-read your post and see the swivel is in the gun

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind, I re-read your post and see the swivel is in the gun

Thanks
    With the MTM CobraJet hoses, one end has a male thread swivel fitting, one end has a male thread non-swivel fitting.

The swivel end is best fitted to the hose reel outlet, making it easier to screw the fitting into the reel which can otherwise be a tricky procedure. If you don't have a hose reel, the swivel end is best connected to the pressure washer outlet.

The non-swivel end is then used to connected to a 3/8 female thread quick connect, which then allows you to connect the gun.

With a swiveling gun, this arrangement means you have a swivel at both ends.

15. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
Page 926 of 938 FirstFirst ... 426826876916917918919920921922923924925926927928929930931932933934935936 ... LastLast