autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Let me know what you think of that hose. I have been needing one for a couple years but have not been able to decipher junk from good. Especially when it comes to these wierd company named products.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    The Uberflex is a solid choice. Very flexible and lightweight, made in the USA. I used it for a while before upgrading my setup.

https://www.amazon.com/UBERFLEX-Kink...s%2C158&sr=8-3

2. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    This is a good starting point. He covers all the budget ones available on amazon.

I sprang for the MTM gun and cannon setup when I started rebuilding my gear here in Alaska, but sadly I cheaped out and din't get the swivel gun and I have regretted it every time I get my rig out

I have looked at swivels to add to the gun but the sheer number of choices is bewildering

I would appreciate input from anyone who has added a swivel to a setup

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    The Uberflex is a solid choice. Very flexible and lightweight, made in the USA. I used it for a while before upgrading my setup.

Amazon.com
    The more powerful Greenworks rigs come with Uberflex hoses and they are great but they only include a 25' hose and I don't feel that's enough on anything larger than a Prius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    The more powerful Greenworks rigs come with Uberflex hoses and they are great but they only include a 25' hose and I don't feel that's enough on anything larger than a Prius
    It’s not. I can’t even make it around my car with the 25’ hose.

I’ll report back about the hose.

6. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Restocking plus tire changeover deadline coming up and I’m tired of wrapping impact sockets in painters tape to protect my wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m tired of wrapping impact sockets in painters tape to protect my wheels
    Hey, I thought I was the only one that did that! I bought a set of those sockets, too.

10. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I sprang for the MTM gun and cannon setup when I started rebuilding my gear here in Alaska, but sadly I cheaped out and din't get the swivel gun and I have regretted it every time I get my rig out

I have looked at swivels to add to the gun but the sheer number of choices is bewildering

I would appreciate input from anyone who has added a swivel to a setup
    MTM is always quality, if pricey…but stuff lasts and rarely leaks.

In the ‘go big or go home’ class of hoses the blue MTM Kobrajet hose can be had with quick connects already installed one of which is a swivel.

I went with UberFlex though, in the interest of economy. Gun still has swivel…enough for me Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Let me know what you think of that hose. I have been needing one for a couple years but have not been able to decipher junk from good. Especially when it comes to these wierd company named products.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Ok I couldn’t wait till Monday for the quick connects and used the hose w/the Ryobi today and went nuts. That little cone nozzle is pretty sweet. Look what I did in the backyard.

The Yamatic 50’ hose is definitely a worthy upgrade especially considering it comes with what appears to be quality quick connects [not those cheapo aluminum ones painted to look like brass]

The hose layed flat right out of the box with very minimal effort, no kinks or unwanted bends. It’s super lightweight and doesn’t feel cheap in any way.

Just keep in mind that it’s a pressure washer hose, so while it’s sort of flexible enough to sneak into the category, don’t expect it to be flexible quite like a Flexzilla garden hose because it doesn’t lay flat and nearly dead the way a Zilla garden hose can.

There were times when I had to stop and give my nozzle a few turns in order to unwind things back to center, something that having a swivel gun should alleviate on the fly. It’s flexible to the point where it won’t kink, but still somewhat ridgid by nature because it’s a pressure hose but doesn’t get in your way in part because it’s such a thin hose at .5”

Also, keep in mind that I was dealing with the Ryobi cord, my Ridgid vac cord, the pressure washer hose, and the Flexzilla garden hose connected to the Ryobi crossing paths the entire time while cleaning the patio and I managed without going crazy. Just imagine the day when everything is cordless… But then again screw that I won’t be buying a battery powered vacuum anytime soon. Lol.

Yes I recommend it. Especially if you’re still dealing with a 25’ hose. This Yamatic hose was super easy to coil after use.

The 25’ that came with the Ryobi required a moderate strangulation in order to coil properly and I tied it closed with 2 zip ties because it’s probably not going to get used anytime soon.

14. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    MTM is always quality, if pricey…but stuff lasts and rarely leaks.

In the ‘go big or go home’ class of hoses the blue MTM Kobrajet hose can be had with quick connects already installed one of which is a swivel.

I went with UberFlex though, in the interest of economy. Gun still has swivel…enough for me Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I don't need a hose but I decided to spring for the MTM swivel fitting, as you pointed out, pricey but well worth it in the long run

I got burned on some of the Amazon/Chinese QD garden hose and PW hose fittings; the retaining rings, lock balls, etc were obviously carbon steel and rusted in less than a month in Hawaii

Not playing that game again

16. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chilly, how do you go from living in Hawaii to living in Alaska? I'm sorry, I guess I missed the Chilly biography on A&E

Page 924 of 938 FirstFirst ... 424824874914915916917918919920921922923924925926927928929930931932933934 ... LastLast