autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 950 of 950 FirstFirst ... 450850900940941942943944945946947948949950
Results 9,491 to 9,499 of 9499
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    A small order containing two brand new products from Gyeon.

I needed another tyre dressing like a hole in the head, but I needed something to make the shipping. Pneu represents my first Swissvax product.

But onto the Gyeon products, of which Eco Wash interests me the most. This is Gyeon's first attempt at a rinse-less and water-less wash. Like all rinse-less wash products, this is used at a 256:1 dilution, while it can be used at 15:1 for waterless wash, or 20:1 for a drying aid/quick detailer. Sounds very familiar to Carpro ECH20. And like ECH20, Eco Wash smells amazing.

Next, Total Remover. This is an interesting proposition, a product that can remove old waxes, sealants and even ceramic coatings in a simple spray and wipe action. It would appear this product is considerably more capable than an IPA type product such as Gyeon's own Prep or Carpro Eraser, and is said to be safe on paint, glass and plastic.

A quick sniff test had me wondering what was at play here. Certainly not an IPA type aroma, or that pungency of a high alkaline product. No, my instinct said acid......................................

Bingo!

In fact, it smelt very similar to Gyeon's water-spot remover, which had me wondering.......................

So, Total Remover is a strong acidic product, measurably more so than the water-spot remover. Both products would be a use with caution type of deal.
    I'm keen to try out Ecowash, from what I've heard it's very similar to Ech2o, which is one of my favourite products. I'm hoping it will land on the shelf at Repco, but they have kept their range limited so far.

I did look at buying some more Carpro stuff at the sale Waxit had a few weeks back, but the stuff I really wanted, Reset and Ech2o, were out of stock already, not that I've run out, but if I couldn't get what I really wanted,I wasn't buying anything else.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I'm keen to try out Ecowash, from what I've heard it's very similar to Ech2o, which is one of my favourite products. I'm hoping it will land on the shelf at Repco, but they have kept their range limited so far.
    I would be very surprised if Eco Wash landed at Repco. From what I can tell, the only rinse-less wash concentrate sold at a big box store in Australia is Bowden's Own Dry Spell, and I can almost guarantee that it's not a strong seller. Australia is not a big rinse-less market, both from need and from a lack of education on the subject. The average guy or girl entering Repco/Supercheap/Autobarn is probably not looking for a rinse-less wash, or even what to do with one. I don't mean that to be rude, it's just my observation.

I also note that Koch Chemie RRW is missing in action despite it having gone on sale elsewhere earlier this year. I don't think RRW is a priority for the local importer. In fact, the Gyeon Eco Wash is only available at the official distributor (CCP), at this stage the rest of the Gyeon retailers have ignored it, which is very strange considering how new Gyeon products are seen as hot property.

4. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get what you mean by that the average customer at an auto chain store not being the type to be looking for that sort of product, but with a name like Eco Wash it can be targeted at a certain market. They are good for when we have water restrictions, which is why I originally bought ONR.

I just had a great idea, they could market it as a wash for both electric and hybrid vehicles, it would really work well with the self righteousness that the owners sometimes exude. The same reason they often option their vehicles with vegan leather, so they have something else they can talk at you about.

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get what you mean by that the average customer at an auto chain store not being the type to be looking for that sort of product, but with a name like Eco Wash it can be targeted at a certain market. They are good for when we have water restrictions, which is why I originally bought ONR.

I just had a great idea, they could market it as a wash for both electric and hybrid vehicles, it would really work well with the self righteousness that the owners sometimes exude. The same reason they often option their vehicles with vegan leather, so they have something else they can talk at you about.

Gold! That would be a license to print money!

8. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smug Alert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Big Dave, Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the box got pretty bent up but I think it’s ok

I’ll read up and get it assembled in a bit

Sadly, I have no Italian products to put in it

I’ll have to go ghetto with BH AF

Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Well, the box got pretty bent up but I think it’s ok

I’ll read up and get it assembled in a bit

Sadly, I have no Italian products to put in it

I’ll have to go ghetto with BH AF

If ordering a e pump for it this looked pretty interesting. If I had my old IK I’d order it.

On sale for like $60 right now

13. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MTM order

6 hose quick Connects. These are super nice and fluid. Wish I woulda ordered my PW QC from them now.

Some more wide bottom bottles. The standard (not wide mouth) bottles are on sale (clearance) for really cheap. Since I have always use
    D a 2oz mini measuring cup I see no value on wide mouth.

Also like the fact they have lids so I can store different liquids

Lastly in trying to ease up my wash process I like to pre foam before rinsless but lugging out the PW can be a pain and I feel BHAF, touchless ans Labo Primus removes dirt better with pressure.

Hoping this will work connected to my hose (hence investing in Quick disconnects.

Hoping pre foam with IK E foam pro 12. Dwell. Rinse with Hydroshot. 710 PSi (guessing it’s max) should be enough. Then rinseless with sponge.

We’ll see…

15. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    MTM order

6 hose quick Connects. These are super nice and fluid. Wish I woulda ordered my PW QC from them now.

Some more wide bottom bottles. The standard (not wide mouth) bottles are on sale (clearance) for really cheap. Since I have always use
    D a 2oz mini measuring cup I see no value on wide mouth.

Also like the fact they have lids so I can store different liquids

Lastly in trying to ease up my wash process I like to pre foam before rinsless but lugging out the PW can be a pain and I feel BHAF, touchless ans Labo Primus removes dirt better with pressure.

Hoping this will work connected to my hose (hence investing in Quick disconnects.

Hoping pre foam with IK E foam pro 12. Dwell. Rinse with Hydroshot. 710 PSi (guessing it’s max) should be enough. Then rinseless with sponge.

We’ll see…

I am super curious to see your results

What you said above that I bolded is most likely spot on and I didn't take it into consideration when I was talking yesterday about using those chemicals and just trying to follow them up and remove them with a rinseless wash in the winter

I don't spray those on an agitate or wipe them off during the summer so why would I assume I could do that in the winter, even using a rinseless wash

It is hard to take high pressure water out of the equation when talking about road film, especially winter crap

Edited to add: I am jealous of your super nice MTM hose connects

17. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 950 of 950 FirstFirst ... 450850900940941942943944945946947948949950