autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    You don't know how good you guys in the US have it over smaller countries like Australia on the other side of world. Anything imported here is so much more expensive than in other parts of the world. Some of that is from our tax system, some of it is the distance covered to get product into the country, a lot of it is pure markup.

By and large, nothing is made in Australia anymore, so it's hard to be a patriotic buyer or purchase something that hasn't been made in China. That's across the board, not just detailing. I'm typing this on a computer made in China, my phone is made in China, my Mustang (US made) and Falcons (Aust made) are full of Chinese made parts, my Honda GXV mower engine was made in China, my sisters Volvo was made in China, as are all Australia bound Tesla's.....................................so its sort of unavoidable.

For every major purchase I make, its balanced against the price and how much I use the product in question. For my pressure washer, something that gets a lot of use, I run a German made machine that I know I can service and have it last a long time. For something like a polisher, I only use these 2 or 3 times a year. I nearly bought Flex, but at the time, their products were so overpriced that I just couldn't justify it. I wanted the Flex, but it just didn't make sense. I do note those prices have softened now, I suspect to bring them back to the ShineMate machines that came in and cut their lunch.

I do hate it by the way. I guess we all have that limit as to how much we tolerate the China-syndrome.
    Yeah I get it. It cost me $25 to have those parts shipped and another order of chemicals were $30. Feel that’s very reasonable for product I can get here. And even though ShineMate made in China it still has to be imported here from a distributor.

I think it may be because the batteries and importing them the Cordless shinemate is priced so close to FLEX cordless.

The corded versions are significantly less and if I need another corded polisher it will definitely be Shinemate. Don’t know if it’s true but rumor was they make Adam’s polishers and my 3” corded has worked perfectly although a tad loud.

If not going gear driven I doubt you are missing much if any from the Shinemate you have to a comparable FLEX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the stoners cuz so many on here say its a great on tires. im gonna deep clean the tires and then try out the new 3d tire dressing while trying out new tire dressing applicators. Got the scrub ninja just to try out. All new first time products for me here.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4. Likes ttopak, chilly, Big Dave, DFB, PaulMys and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Got the stoners cuz so many on here say its a great on tires. im gonna deep clean the tires and then try out the new 3d tire dressing while trying out new tire dressing applicators. Got the scrub ninja just to try out. All new first time products for me here.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Try those ninjas on a steering wheel. Surprised the hell out of me.

Forgot I ordered those tire applicators from AF…. Wonder where there at?Post Your Unpacking PicturesPost Your Unpacking PicturesPost Your Unpacking Pictures

6. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinemate EX620 5” 15mm throw

NV compound and polish

Some pads

Couple of freebies

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Likes opie, SNP209, BudgetPlan1, ttopak, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Shinemate EX620 5” 15mm throw

NV compound and polish

Some pads

Couple of freebies

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Nice choice Chilly! I have same as well as the 3" and the rotary, all in the cordless models. I'm now a huge fan of the polishers. I still have my eye on the new EB 210 you just bought if I'm not mistaken. Just hard to justify when I have the Ibrid and PXE.

10. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest delivery, the new version of ONR has only just gone on sale in Australia.

I don't really use ONR for rinse-less washing, more so for cleaning door jambs, engine bay wipe downs and as an ultra mild interior cleaner/detailer.

Also props to Optimum for offering some (most) of their products in a smaller bottle size, great for product wh.re like me who likes to try several different similar products.

12. Likes Big Dave, chilly, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While on the subject of ONR, looks like Optimum have finally spent some money on new labels.................

14. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a store credit at one of our local auto stores, so I went in to buy some demineralised water, I like it for dilution purposes, and for my water squirters. I also saw this Dressing & Protectant applicator from Meguiar's and thought I'd give it a go, I like that it has a sleeve to store it in.

I got the credit because of their loyalty club, the LED taillights I bought a few weeks back went on special, so you get the discount back as a store credit, but you always spend more of course.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

16. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

$16 nozzle guards (for all 5) I got on a PRIME deal.

Nice for the price. All 4 for half the price I got my MTM one for. The MTM seams heavier and sturdier but these are nice and solid for that price. Also they’re stainless steel.

MTM rubber seems denser but if these work I don’t see spending more on the MTM.

These only come 2.5 to 4.0 orifices.

2.0 was recommended for my Ryobi and a lot of other low gpm electrics.

Figure maybe loose Psi but gain a little Gpm.

Pics comparing to MTM

18. Likes DFB, ttopak, DanaDetailingPros, SNP209, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting for the new version of the HLR that has the updated trigger/actuator with the safety. Then Jon @ Forensic Detailing posted this video of the new model demonstrating it. Also mentioned the new actuator will be available for sale if you have the earlier model. I went ahead and reached out to him explaining I've been wanting to get one for some time and was holding off for the updated version. I asked him which version he preferred? He answered back the original one!
    Forensic Detailing Channel - YouTube
    Post Your Unpacking Pictures-img_8070-jpg

20. Likes ttopak, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 908 of 943 FirstFirst ... 408808858898899900901902903904905906907908909910911912913914915916917918 ... LastLast