autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Why the eb210 vs say the PXE or Ibrid Nano? I know they rate well but surprising to see over the other choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would say the EB210 has the edge in performance over the iBrid, especially stall resistance/torque. As for the PXE80, the value for money equation/what comes standard is in EB210's favor.

2. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why the eb210 vs say the PXE or Ibrid Nano? I know they rate well but surprising to see over the other choices

A valid question and I think a lot came down to a gut feeling

The reviews have all been solid and I will be honest that the review by Sandro at Car Craft pushed me over the edge

I don't have anywhere I can go and see the various machines in person so I depend on reviews and feedback

A couple of years back Jim White of White Details started using the Carbon Collective branded version of the SPTA mini polisher that I had in Hawaii, preferring it over the Ibrid he had used for years

I felt the SPTA machine was a good option but it struggled with a 2" pad and if he preferred the SPTA over the Ibrid I had to infer that the Ibrid was really underpowered so that kind of sidelined that for me as I wanted a machine that could work a 3" pad and not struggle

According to Sandro and others the EB210 is that machine and I guess I will see here shortly

As far as the PXE goes?

I just really didn't consider it and part of that goes back to a lot of negative feedback I have read and seen regarding FLEX cordless tools in general over the last couple of years

I don't want to start a pie fight with any Rupes or Flex fans, I just chose a different route

I may live to regret my choice and if I do I will admit it and move on

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I would say the EB210 has the edge in performance over the iBrid, especially stall resistance/torque. As for the PXE80, the value for money equation/what comes standard is in EB210's favor.
    So this popped up while I was typing my reply and it is spot on as far as I am concerned

I plan on getting the Shinemate EX620 5" 15mm polisher as well for the same reasons; power, performance, and value vs the competition

I was never that impressed with my Rupes 5" machine and I won't buy another one

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done! Would love to hear your thoughts on the EB210 when you get a chance. I'm trying to resist buying one.
    Well, I started out by reading the battery and charger instructions and got the batteries on the charger. The charger handles both batteries at once and it has active cooling fans, one of which is stronger than the other to accommodate fast charging. The charger is heavy and looks and feels rock solid and certainly feels to me like a quality piece of kit.

The various heads. There are 2 rotary heads (high speed and high torque), and 4 DA, two12mm throw with a 1/4” and a 5/16” threaded attachment and a 3mm and 5mm throw with 1/4” threaded attachment

There are 3 main styles of backing plates to match the 3 attachment methods in 1” through 3” and a 1/2” and 1” plate for the rotary extensions

The body itself just feels solid and has extensive overmolding for grip. Even with the battery installed it is quite compact

I played with all the heads, snapping them on and off the body to check the fit and I fooled with the push buttons for on/off, speed, LED headlight, etc

I messed with the various backing plates and they go on and off easily with the included wrenches

I didn’t want to just go to town on my car paint without getting used to the feel, controls, etc so I decided to see what I could do to help the outer covers from my driving lights. They are badly scratched and clouded because I hadn’t detailed them for several years but I just got new bulbs for the lights and I wanted to get them squared away. I tried several different pads with the limited liquids I currently have and without hand sanding I was able to take out all but the deepest scratches

The pads felt good and the velcro seems solid. One note, the finishing pads in the kit are black foam where all the finishing pads that Shinemate has for sale individually are red foam

One quick observation that backs up what Sandro from Car Craft said in his review; I COULD NOT stall this thing out, even with a 3” pad; not in rotary or 12mm throw DA mode

I had the lexan legs and lens of that light cover bowed down and digging into the cardboard under it and that little polisher wasn’t phased a bit

I KNOW for a fact I would have bent the sheetmetal on my hood if I had pressed down that hard

I am going to work on the other light cover and keep getting used to the controls and feel before I take on any car paint but I don’t see any reason that this little monster won’t be an absolute winner

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    So this popped up while I was typing my reply and it is spot on as far as I am concerned

I plan on getting the Shinemate EX620 5" 15mm polisher as well for the same reasons; power, performance, and value vs the competition

I was never that impressed with my Rupes 5" machine and I won't buy another one
    Don't discount the EB351 5/15, very happy with mine and supported by a similar battery charger arrangement. Never been left without power.

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Well, I started out by reading the battery and charger instructions and got the batteries on the charger. The charger handles both batteries at once and it has active cooling fans, one of which is stronger than the other to accommodate fast charging. The charger is heavy and looks and feels rock solid and certainly feels to me like a quality piece of kit.

The various heads. There are 2 rotary heads (high speed and high torque), and 4 DA, two12mm throw with a 1/4” and a 5/16” threaded attachment and a 3mm and 5mm throw with 1/4” threaded attachment

There are 3 main styles of backing plates to match the 3 attachment methods in 1” through 3” and a 1/2” and 1” plate for the rotary extensions

The body itself just feels solid and has extensive overmolding for grip. Even with the battery installed it is quite compact

I played with all the heads, snapping them on and off the body to check the fit and I fooled with the push buttons for on/off, speed, LED headlight, etc

I messed with the various backing plates and they go on and off easily with the included wrenches

I didn’t want to just go to town on my car paint without getting used to the feel, controls, etc so I decided to see what I could do to help the outer covers from my driving lights. They are badly scratched and clouded because I hadn’t detailed them for several years but I just got new bulbs for the lights and I wanted to get them squared away. I tried several different pads with the limited liquids I currently have and without hand sanding I was able to take out all but the deepest scratches

The pads felt good and the velcro seems solid. One note, the finishing pads in the kit are black foam where all the finishing pads that Shinemate has for sale individually are red foam

One quick observation that backs up what Sandro from Car Craft said in his review; I COULD NOT stall this thing out, even with a 3” pad; not in rotary or 12mm throw DA mode

I had the lexan legs and lens of that light cover bowed down and digging into the cardboard under it and that little polisher wasn’t phased a bit

I KNOW for a fact I would have bent the sheetmetal on my hood if I had pressed down that hard

I am going to work on the other light cover and keep getting used to the controls and feel before I take on any car paint but I don’t see any reason that this little monster won’t be an absolute winner

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    In addition to the red pads, we have access to the larger black pads for finishing/waxing, available in 4, 5 and 6-inch sizes, in waffle (diamond) or flat.

10. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

I only went Flex because their 15mm and ShineMate were maybe $50-75 dollar difference and like the batteries a little better. And although some bad reviews a lot more positive in total. I also in the end decide forced vs 15MM. I have a chorded free spinning 15mm and can’t see me stop using that.

Not a hater to products manufactured in China as I feel cheap made products from their have more to do with the quality the importer has requested.

BUT…I like that the Chinese company that bought flex still builds (at least cordless polishers) in Germany. Kinda the opposite of what’s happening in manufacturing today.

Also just a little fear if the us distributor ever decided to drop or close down would be hard to replace batteries.

As for value that’s relative… I got my PXE for $340… about $90 less than the SM kit. I spent roughly $250 (so $160 more) getting all parts and pads needed but I now have LC force pads which in my experience outperform those generic pads from China.

Also the parts I got from Coatic. extension and rotary adapter are titanium and the backing plate in 1,2, and 3” are billet aluminum. Supposed design is suppose to run cooler. Coulda did a lot cheaper but common…. I was sold at Titanium!

Also got a flexible extension shaft that seems comparable to th $300 flex one. It was $70 with adapter (included in the $250 price I mentioned before.

1”

2”

3”

Cone adapter

Titanium rotary adapter (definitely a waste of $30 and replaces a part that doesn’t need replacing)

Rotary flex shaft

(reason I went to their site in first place rest was collateral damage to just shipping)

And because I have a problem (25% off entire order… what was I suppose to do?) and also cuz carbon fiber…

A new carbon fiber backing plate for the 5” Cbeast

It was descriptions like this that had me clicking add to cart.

If you have a lot of FLEX or Rupes polishers I would stay away from Coatic’s site

See realative

I feel for $160 more to include the flex shaft, LC force pads, and the non needed Gucci’s out parts this

But although I feel Sandro doesn’t have to much bad to say about most (not all) reviews I respect his opinion.

Because of his and other strong reviews, not knowing where I’d need a smaller polisher (nano) my decision came down to FLEX and ShineMate.

Asked the question because we always wonder if you made right decision Post Your Unpacking Pictures

12. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I only went Flex because their 15mm and ShineMate were maybe $50-75 dollar difference and like the batteries a little better. And although some bad reviews a lot more positive in total. I also in the end decide forced vs 15MM. I have a chorded free spinning 15mm and can’t see me stop using that.

Not a hater to products manufactured in China as I feel cheap made products from their have more to do with the quality the importer has requested.

BUT…I like that the Chinese company that bought flex still builds (at least cordless polishers) in Germany. Kinda the opposite of what’s happening in manufacturing today.

Also just a little fear if the us distributor ever decided to drop or close down would be hard to replace batteries.

As for value that’s relative… I got my PXE for $340… about $90 less than the SM kit. I spent roughly $250 (so $160 more) getting all parts and pads needed but I now have LC force pads which in my experience outperform those generic pads from China.

Also the parts I got from Coatic. extension and rotary adapter are titanium and the backing plate in 1,2, and 3” are billet aluminum. Supposed design is suppose to run cooler. Coulda did a lot cheaper but common…. I was sold at Titanium!

Also got a flexible extension shaft that seems comparable to th $300 flex one. It was $70 with adapter (included in the $250 price I mentioned before.

1”

2”

3”

Cone adapter

Titanium rotary adapter (definitely a waste of $30 and replaces a part that doesn’t need replacing)

Rotary flex shaft

(reason I went to their site in first place rest was collateral damage to just shipping)

And because I have a problem (25% off entire order… what was I suppose to do?) and also cuz carbon fiber…

If you have a lot of FLEX or Rupes polishers I would stay away from Coatic’s site

See realative

I feel for $160 more to include the flex shaft, LC force pads, and the non needed Gucci’s out parts this

But although I feel Sandro doesn’t have to much bad to say about most (not all) reviews I respect his opinion.

Because of his and other strong reviews, not knowing where I’d need a smaller polisher (nano) my decision came down to FLEX and ShineMate.

Asked the question because we always wonder if you made right decision Post Your Unpacking Pictures

I totally respect the question and your logic for your purchases was sound

I also know the "did I make the right decision feeling" very well, I constantly overthink and overanalyze purchases to the point I get that deer in the headlights feeling and just lock up

Basically starting over building an arsenal (minus most of the "needed" microfibers) is both a blessing and a curse

Being out of the game for just over a year means tons of studying up and decisions to be made which is both good and bad

I am trying to keep things as simple and streamlined as possible

I try to be pragmatic about Chinese products as well, it's all down to what the company specs as you stated

I had no idea all those billet and CF goodies were even a thing but they sure are sexy

14. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't discount the EB351 5/15, very happy with mine and supported by a similar battery charger arrangement. Never been left without power.
    I will certainly give that some serious thought

Thanks for the suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

1”

2”

3”

Cone adapter

Rotary flex shaft

See realative

You don't know how good you guys in the US have it over smaller countries like Australia on the other side of world. Anything imported here is so much more expensive than in other parts of the world. Some of that is from our tax system, some of it is the distance covered to get product into the country, a lot of it is pure markup.

By and large, nothing is made in Australia anymore, so it's hard to be a patriotic buyer or purchase something that hasn't been made in China. That's across the board, not just detailing. I'm typing this on a computer made in China, my phone is made in China, my Mustang (US made) and Falcons (Aust made) are full of Chinese made parts, my Honda GXV mower engine was made in China, my sisters Volvo was made in China, as are all Australia bound Tesla's.....................................so its sort of unavoidable.

For every major purchase I make, its balanced against the price and how much I use the product in question. For my pressure washer, something that gets a lot of use, I run a German made machine that I know I can service and have it last a long time. For something like a polisher, I only use these 2 or 3 times a year. I nearly bought Flex, but at the time, their products were so overpriced that I just couldn't justify it. I wanted the Flex, but it just didn't make sense. I do note those prices have softened now, I suspect to bring them back to the ShineMate machines that came in and cut their lunch.

I do hate it by the way. I guess we all have that limit as to how much we tolerate the China-syndrome.

17. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't know how good you guys in the US have it over smaller countries like Australia on the other side of world. Anything imported here is so much more expensive than in other parts of the world. Some of that is from our tax system, some of it is the distance covered to get product into the country, a lot of it is pure markup.

By and large, nothing is made in Australia anymore, so it's hard to be a patriotic buyer or purchase something that hasn't been made in China. That's across the board, not just detailing. I'm typing this on a computer made in China, my phone is made in China, my Mustang (US made) and Falcons (Aust made) are full of Chinese made parts, my Honda GXV mower engine was made in China, my sisters Volvo was made in China, as are all Australia bound Tesla's.....................................so its sort of unavoidable.

For every major purchase I make, its balanced against the price and how much I use the product in question. For my pressure washer, something that gets a lot of use, I run a German made machine that I know I can service and have it last a long time. For something like a polisher, I only use these 2 or 3 times a year. I nearly bought Flex, but at the time, their products were so overpriced that I just couldn't justify it. I wanted the Flex, but it just didn't make sense. I do note those prices have softened now, I suspect to bring them back to the ShineMate machines that came in and cut their lunch.

I do hate it by the way. I guess we all have that limit as to how much we tolerate the China-syndrome.
    The "China syndrome" is no different here at all, 99% of the time, and I wonder how the "I only buy American" people make their toast, coffee, phone calls, bacon and eggs, or get to work

I will leave it at that because that's not a rabbit hole I care to go down since I just got back

19. Likes DFB, opie liked this post
Page 907 of 938 FirstFirst ... 407807857897898899900901902903904905906907908909910911912913914915916917 ... LastLast