autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Let us know what you think

I am holding off ordering a rinseless product and would appreciate your thoughts

Thanks and Happy Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I definitely will.

I too think this would be a good option in Alaska for the cleaning ability. Two downsides I see right off the bat are you should probably wear gloves with this product, and it supposedly doesn't work well on glass. I am going to try it on my wheels today. I've read is actually a great wheel cleaner too. Pretty potent stuff.

2. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Probably only one I’d use in an Alaska winter. Nothing cleans as well but can weaken waxes and sealants.

I’d use a foaming waterless for a presoak and then follow up with this.

I have never gotten into the whole foaming program for presoaks, tires, etc (except for foam cannon on the paint) and I know that's another whole can of worms

Guess I better study up on it because I had envisioned full on winter washes in the new garage but that's not going to happen

I ended up NOT getting drains in the garage floors for the new house because the borough (county) changed the code a few years back and floor drains had to be plumbed into your sewer or septic system and not just a french drain type setup

The new house will be on a septic system and in this area of Alaska they work at about 50% efficiency at the maximum because of ground temps from permafrost and people quickly figured out that all the road salt and chemicals and garbage were overwhelming the chemistry and causing problems when they ran their floor drains to their septic system

Even the best designed and built septic systems up here need to be pumped every summer because they don't break stuff down like they would in a more temperate area

Long story short, I will be tunnel or wand washing and then following up with a rinseless wash and not a running water wash during the winter

4. Likes dgage, CleanIT, Big Dave, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I have never gotten into the whole foaming program for presoaks, tires, etc (except for foam cannon on the paint) and I know that's another whole can of worms

Guess I better study up on it because I had envisioned full on winter washes in the new garage but that's not going to happen

I ended up NOT getting drains in the garage floors for the new house because the borough (county) changed the code a few years back and floor drains had to be plumbed into your sewer or septic system and not just a french drain type setup

The new house will be on a septic system and in this area of Alaska they work at about 50% efficiency at the maximum because of ground temps from permafrost and people quickly figured out that all the road salt and chemicals and garbage were overwhelming the chemistry and causing problems when they ran their floor drains to their septic system

Even the best designed and built septic systems up here need to be pumped every summer because they don't break stuff down like they would in a more temperate area

Long story short, I will be tunnel or wand washing and then following up with a rinseless wash and not a running water wash during the winter
    To be honest I was off PW snow foam before trying built Hamber and kust realize I needed something more Alkaline.

Reason I mention the foaming waterless is I do feel like it sits on and breaks down the grime better than a pretreat.

I probably wouldn’t use the Ammo Frothe I use if it wasn’t for Washingtons winter road film. If I was in Cali would be straight rinseless.

I don’t know if AK uses salt but they even have a version that neutralizes salt.

6. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    To be honest I was off PW snow foam before trying built Hamber and kust realize I needed something more Alkaline.

Reason I mention the foaming waterless is I do feel like it sits on and breaks down the grime better than a pretreat.

I probably wouldn’t use the Ammo Frothe I use if it wasn’t for Washingtons winter road film. If I was in Cali would be straight rinseless.

I don’t know if AK uses salt but they even have a version that neutralizes salt.

Alaska uses salt but different than most places (I think), here they mix it into the enormous piles of dirt they prepare each year for sanding the roads

It keeps the piles of dirt from freezing into solid mounds of ice

Regardless we end up with salt on the road and over the last few years they have started spraying salt brine as well so we get hit pretty hard at times

I like anything that stays on the surface and dwells rather than running down immediately so yeah, I am prepared to embrace foaming

Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes Bosko, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post

IMJOSHV reviewed this on his YouTube channel last night with horrible results....I left a comment he needs to redo his test on another vehicle

11. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    IMJOSHV reviewed this on his YouTube channel last night with horrible results....I left a comment he needs to redo his test on another vehicle
    I just saw that. He botched it up big time and should do another test.

13. Likes Bosko, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw that. He botched it up big time and should do another test.
    there is no way in hell one wash gets rid of this coating, I'm going on 3 months on my truck and it looks like I applied it yesterday

15. Likes CleanIT, chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    there is no way in hell one wash gets rid of this coating, I'm going on 3 months on my truck and it looks like I applied it yesterday
    For sure. Apex did a review and it easily passed the 10 wash test. He also recently visited Cerakote HQ's and it looked very hydrophobic.

Skip to 9:00

We Go Inside The Walls Of CERAKOTE!! Welcome To NIC Industries! Americas Coating Headquarters! - YouTube

17. Thanks Bosko thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For sure. Apex did a review and it easily passed the 10 wash test. He also recently visited Cerakote HQ's and it looked very hydrophobic.

Skip to 9:00

We Go Inside The Walls Of CERAKOTE!! Welcome To NIC Industries! Americas Coating Headquarters! - YouTube
    So he had to make sure it did or he would not have gotten an invite from that visit Post Your Unpacking Pictures . I haven’t watched his videos in a long time and not do I intend to.

19. Likes chilly, BudgetPlan1, CleanIT, dlc95 liked this post
Page 862 of 938 FirstFirst ... 362762812852853854855856857858859860861862863864865866867868869870871872912 ... LastLast