autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Won the Brilliant Finish Foam Cannon Enthusiast Kit during Griot's last livestream. I was curious what the washcloths were like. They're pretty high gsm but only 12" x 12" so they're 6" folded up twice compared to 8" for a 16" x 16" microfiber. Maybe I'll use them folded in half.
    WOW!!

Nice score!!

2. Likes MisterSnoop, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Using up a Christmas gift card, I picked this up the other day at a local automotive store.

How have others found this product? If my memory is correct, is Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer the retail version of M799?

4. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Using up a Christmas gift card, I picked this up the other day at a local automotive store.

How have others found this product? If my memory is correct, is Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer the retail version of M799?
    Hybrid ceramic detailer is basically a diluted version of M799. Don't let that deter you though because it is a top notch product at the retail level. Beads VERY well, leaves the paint feeling silky smooth, leaves behind some nice gloss as well. I like using it after a wash and thorough blow dry as the "cherry on top", plays nicely on glass and trim as well. Overall a fantastic product and something I reach for quite often these days.

6. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Hybrid ceramic detailer is basically a diluted version of M799. Don't let that deter you though because it is a top notch product at the retail level. Beads VERY well, leaves the paint feeling silky smooth, leaves behind some nice gloss as well. I like using it after a wash and thorough blow dry as the "cherry on top", plays nicely on glass and trim as well. Overall a fantastic product and something I reach for quite often these days.
    Nice!

I have to say I was a little shocked at the price of Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. At full retail, HCD is ml for ml / OZ to OZ, comparable in price to CarPro EliXir and Bead Maker, in Australia at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

I have to say I was a little shocked at the price of Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. At full retail, HCD is ml for ml / OZ to OZ, comparable in price to CarPro EliXir and Bead Maker, in Australia at least.
    I recently bought a bottle of HCD from Mr. Bezos for $14 usd. I see it going for around $23 usd at a lot of other places though.

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

It’s better than Beadmaker…. Never used Elixer. Best of the protective type QD’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes DFB, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    It’s better than Beadmaker…. Never used Elixer. Best of the protective type QD’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A quick tryout on the stainless steel bench, I could immediately tell that HCD has more substance to it than Bead Maker.

EliXir is decent but I don't grab it instinctively like do with Bead Maker or even Paint Gloss, both of which I can just grab and know I will get the result I'm after. EliXir you sort of need to work for it a touch more.

13. Likes SWETM, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

People tell me I'm just a big kid.....................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Got one of those brushes that has become popular to apply tire shine. First saw it posted here by coatingsarecrack. I got mine from Mr. Bezos, just look up "flat top craft ink blending brush".

The brush works flawlessly and is now my go to for applying tire products. For knobby off road tires I think I'd stick with a flag tipped brush due to the larger surface area and all the peaks and valleys.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    you may want to check this video out below. this gentleman has been using this brush for over two years to dress tires and it's held up pretty well. similar concept to the df curveball brush, but with a wood palm handle and boars hair bristles...

16. Likes SNP209, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A quick tryout on the stainless steel bench, I could immediately tell that HCD has more substance to it than Bead Maker.

EliXir is decent but I don't grab it instinctively like do with Bead Maker or even Paint Gloss, both of which I can just grab and know I will get the result I'm after. EliXir you sort of need to work for it a touch more.
    Had a chance to use Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Detailer as a drying aid on my Ranger today.

Wow! It took literally the first wipe to realize this is a brilliant product! I can tell straight away if I'm going to like and continue to use a product. And continue to buy it!

As mentioned earlier, Meguiars HCD is very similar in concept to CarPro EliXir, OG Drying Aid or Bead Maker. At full retail in Australia, HCD is on par with those products for price per ml. On sale, it smashes them out of the park, especially when it's easier to use. Meguiars might have taken their time to catch up to the boutique brands with a Si02 product like this, but they certainly used that time wisely. The only thing I don't like about it is the old-school Meguiars wax scent to it.

18. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 853 of 950 FirstFirst ... 353753803843844845846847848849850851852853854855856857858859860861862863903 ... LastLast