autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    New PW setup

Active VE52 PW
    Uber flex 50 ft hose
    Griot's brilliant finish foam cannon
    Gun that I found on that river website

Hopefully I get to give the setup a shake down either today or tomorrow. Will report back with my findings.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Probably the PW i’ll go with when my Ryobi kick the bucket. Where’d you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Tasmania, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Probably the PW i’ll go with when my Ryobi kick the bucket. Where’d you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got it from Mr. Bezos.

Side note, I bought a M22 15mm > M22 14mm adapter so I could use the hose but the pw already came with one.

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New PW setup

Active VE52 PW
    Uber flex 50 ft hose
    Griot's brilliant finish foam cannon
    Gun that I found on that river website

Hopefully I get to give the setup a shake down either today or tomorrow. Will report back with my findings.

You suck...

I am jealous

That's what I wanted a year or two back but they were out everywhere and it almost looked like maybe there wouldn't be anymore

Good call on the hose as well

Let us know what you think

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    You suck...

I am jealous

That's what I wanted a year or two back but they were out everywhere and it almost looked like maybe there wouldn't be anymore

Good call on the hose as well

Let us know what you think
    Yeah I was looking for one of these a while back as well and like you said it was out of stock everywhere. If I remember correctly CAT has a pw that is basically the same as the active just rebranded.

I was considering a flexzilla hose but then discovered the company that makes the uber flex also makes the flexzilla (same patent #) and the uber flex was a tad bit cheaper so that sealed the deal.

7. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was looking for one of these a while back as well and like you said it was out of stock everywhere. If I remember correctly CAT has a pw that is basically the same as the active just rebranded.

I was considering a flexzilla hose but then discovered the company that makes the uber flex also makes the flexzilla (same patent #) and the uber flex was a tad bit cheaper so that sealed the deal.
    My Greenworks came with a 25' Uberflex and I added an additional 50' one so I can leave my P/W on the ground and work up on my lanai washing siding, windows, etc

I added quick disconnects to both hoses, both guns, and the P/W

I really need to add a swivel fitting to my gun

9. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    My Greenworks came with a 25' Uberflex and I added an additional 50' one so I can leave my P/W on the ground and work up on my lanai washing siding, windows, etc

I added quick disconnects to both hoses, both guns, and the P/W

I really need to add a swivel fitting to my gun
    The gun I purchased came with a swivel already installed which is what drew me to it. It was like $60 for the whole shebang. Not exactly cheap, but less than comparable options. Whether that will come around and bite me in the arse remains to be seen.

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The gun I purchased came with a swivel already installed which is what drew me to it. It was like $60 for the whole shebang. Not exactly cheap, but less than comparable options. Whether that will come around and bite me in the arse remains to be seen.
    My shorty gun was around $40 I think and I would gladly have paid $20 more for a swivel

I get tired of fighting it and the PITA of coiling the hose up

Hooray for hindsight...

13. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After unpacking and assembling everything, this is the end result. Everything fits together so well its almost like it was meant to be. This setup is portable and doesn't take up much space which is exactly what I was shooting for. Going to put the setup through it's paces tomorrow and report back here.

15. Likes Big Dave, chilly, dgage, Buster906, Tasmania and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After unpacking and assembling everything, this is the end result. Everything fits together so well its almost like it was meant to be. This setup is portable and doesn't take up much space which is exactly what I was shooting for. Going to put the setup through it's paces tomorrow and report back here.

After putting the pw setup together and using it for the first time these are my initial thoughts:

The pw itself is an upgrade over the old greenworks I was using which was rated at 1.2gpm and 1700 psi. I did notice that I was able to rinse away soap from my bucket wash easier and quicker when compared to the previous unit. Both times I used hyper wash diluted at 1 oz to 3 gal of water. I attribute this to the higher flow output of the active. I like that the active is still relatively compact and portable, and "bare bones" in nature. Another bonus is the active already comes with the necessary m22 15mm > m22 14mm adapter to run a different hose, which will save you a couple bucks. One of the "features" the old greenworks unit had was a delay when you pressed the trigger, which can be an annoyance at times. The active does no such thing which was a relief. The greenworks was around 100 bucks and the active was around 245, If you're able to swing it, the active is worth it imo.

The hose is a joy to work with. I was using an aftermarket hose on the greenworks which was 50 ft, but it was made of a plastic material which kinked up and wasn't very malleable which made it a pain for storage. The uberflex is lightweight, easily maneuverable, coils up easily, doesn't leak, and is made in the USA. It's a quality hose without a doubt. I regret not buying this sooner as it has brought the user experience to a new level. Worth every penny.

The gun is from a brand called toolcy. It has some weight to it and feels sturdy. From what I can tell the insides are all brass. A quick disconnect from gun to hose is already included and the fittings are already taped up, which is a nice touch. What really made me pursue this gun is that it has a swivel and still fits within my budget. The swivel does require some momentum to actually swivel, which caught me off guard at first, not sure if its supposed to be like. Perhaps it is to prevent wrist strain when the gun "kicks" once you initially press the trigger? Nevertheless, the swivel was a welcomed feature as I never found myself fighting the hose. The gun just like the hose further enhanced the user experience. There are definitely cheaper options (that don't swivel) but for 60 bucks you can't go wrong!

The griot's brilliant finish foam cannon is decent. I like the aesthetics and the adjustment knob for the spray pattern has a nice feel to it. The adjustment for how much foam you want is a lever instead of a knob which is unique. It comes with a 1.1mm orifice installed but a 1.25mm is included as well. I ended up using the 1.25 after watching a video from obsessed garage stating that the 1.1 could potentially cause harm. The pick up tube has some type of metal ball on it and there is a hole in there, which I'm guessing for the metering tips that the BOSS cannon has. With 2 oz of hyper wash and the 1.25mm orifice the foam output was still nice and thick. If I had to nitpick, the spray pattern is vertical only as there is no adjustment for a horizontal spray pattern, you'd have to hold the cannon horizontally. Also the adjustment for the spray pattern is counterintuitive because at the widest setting the spray pattern is narrow and as you close it you get a wider pattern. It leaks when turned upside down as well.

Overall, If you really wanted to be frugal about it then I guess you can get a cheaper pw and a cheaper foam cannon as well, but the uber flex hose and a gun with a swivel are now necessities for me. They enhance the user experience THAT much.

17. Likes DFB, dgage, chilly, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After putting the pw setup together and using it for the first time these are my initial thoughts:

The pw itself is an upgrade over the old greenworks I was using which was rated at 1.2gpm and 1700 psi. I did notice that I was able to rinse away soap from my bucket wash easier and quicker when compared to the previous unit. Both times I used hyper wash diluted at 1 oz to 3 gal of water. I attribute this to the higher flow output of the active. I like that the active is still relatively compact and portable, and "bare bones" in nature. Another bonus is the active already comes with the necessary m22 15mm > m22 14mm adapter to run a different hose, which will save you a couple bucks. One of the "features" the old greenworks unit had was a delay when you pressed the trigger, which can be an annoyance at times. The active does no such thing which was a relief. The greenworks was around 100 bucks and the active was around 245, If you're able to swing it, the active is worth it imo.

The hose is a joy to work with. I was using an aftermarket hose on the greenworks which was 50 ft, but it was made of a plastic material which kinked up and wasn't very malleable which made it a pain for storage. The uberflex is lightweight, easily maneuverable, coils up easily, doesn't leak, and is made in the USA. It's a quality hose without a doubt. I regret not buying this sooner as it has brought the user experience to a new level. Worth every penny.

The gun is from a brand called toolcy. It has some weight to it and feels sturdy. From what I can tell the insides are all brass. A quick disconnect from gun to hose is already included and the fittings are already taped up, which is a nice touch. What really made me pursue this gun is that it has a swivel and still fits within my budget. The swivel does require some momentum to actually swivel, which caught me off guard at first, not sure if its supposed to be like. Perhaps it is to prevent wrist strain when the gun "kicks" once you initially press the trigger? Nevertheless, the swivel was a welcomed feature as I never found myself fighting the hose. The gun just like the hose further enhanced the user experience. There are definitely cheaper options (that don't swivel) but for 60 bucks you can't go wrong!

The griot's brilliant finish foam cannon is decent. I like the aesthetics and the adjustment knob for the spray pattern has a nice feel to it. The adjustment for how much foam you want is a lever instead of a knob which is unique. It comes with a 1.1mm orifice installed but a 1.25mm is included as well. I ended up using the 1.25 after watching a video from obsessed garage stating that the 1.1 could potentially cause harm. The pick up tube has some type of metal ball on it and there is a hole in there, which I'm guessing for the metering tips that the BOSS cannon has. With 2 oz of hyper wash and the 1.25mm orifice the foam output was still nice and thick. If I had to nitpick, the spray pattern is vertical only as there is no adjustment for a horizontal spray pattern, you'd have to hold the cannon horizontally. Also the adjustment for the spray pattern is counterintuitive because at the widest setting the spray pattern is narrow and as you close it you get a wider pattern. It leaks when turned upside down as well.

Overall, If you really wanted to be frugal about it then I guess you can get a cheaper pw and a cheaper foam cannon as well, but the uber flex hose and a gun with a swivel are now necessities for me. They enhance the user experience THAT much.
    I have stated this here before, my Greenworks 2300 has the same annoying hesitation spooling up after you hit the trigger, but my slightly smaller Greenworks in Alaska doesn't

I have learned to live with it for plain pressure washing but I absolutely hate it when using my foam cannon

Honestly I will probably buy an Active for cars and leave the Greenworks for household chores

I am curious about the 1.1 orifice "causing harm"

Is it a matter of back pressure stressing the pump?

I am glad you are happy with your setup, it can make such a huge difference in the whole washing experience

19. Likes SNP209 liked this post
Page 842 of 949 FirstFirst ... 342742792832833834835836837838839840841842843844845846847848849850851852892942 ... LastLast