autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

How do you like the stubby? I have an EGO 530 and seems to work well for my needs. Does the stubby increase performance somehow, or just make it easier to wield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    How do you like the stubby? I have an EGO 530 and seems to work well for my needs. Does the stubby increase performance somehow, or just make it easier to wield?
    Easier to wield. Length of tube won’t affect performance with the short lengths compared here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Easier to wield. Length of tube won’t affect performance with the short lengths compared here.
    We still talking blowers here?...asking for a friend

Post Thanks / Like

Great, more stuff that I need. I don't have a yard but I want this blower LOL

5. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

A make up brush that was posted on Detail World that is being used as a tire shine applicators.

Most there ordered on Ali Express but you can find on in the US on the interwebs.

I added to get free shipping with an order, cost about $7

Better quality than I expected. Thought handle would be cheap but it is solid with rubberized coating. Fine bristles tightly packed…. Dense.

Reviews say it is better with gel type product more so than liquid.

I bought because it looks to be right size for 30 series tires. My plan is to use it with Mckee’s 37 And Tac systems tire coating.

7. Likes Big Dave, DFB, Tasmania, dgage, Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some from Ali Express $7 but you can get them for as low as $2.50 each

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    A make up brush that was posted on Detail World that is being used as a tire shine applicators.

Most there ordered on Ali Express but you can find on in the US on the interwebs.

I added to get free shipping with an order, cost about $7

Better quality than I expected. Thought handle would be cheap but it is solid with rubberized coating. Fine bristles tightly packed…. Dense.

Reviews say it is better with gel type product more so than liquid.

I bought because it looks to be right size for 30 series tires. My plan is to use it with Mckee’s 37 And Tac systems tire coating.

Do you happen to have a link for that brush?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

12. Likes DFB, BudgetPlan1, dgage, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Early Spring stock up. Everything pictured here is a product I haven’t used before (only been heavy into detailing for about a year or so). In the past I used a lot of Meguiar’s products (mainly from the Ultimate line) but have come to really like Griot’s as a brand.

Today I did a thorough exterior wash. I have to say, I really like the Griot’s Brilliant Finish Car Wash. In my experience it beats Meg’s Gold Class wash in every way — better in the pump up sprayer, more slickness with the wash mitt, zero streaking, easier to rinse away. 9/10.

I used the Ceramic Speed Shine as a drying aid (I have some failing Meg’s HCW spray as my base) and I’m super impressed, it was a lovely experience. Absolutely zero streaking (even in 45°F), very slick and made the towel glide so nicely. Left my black car super glossy. Hoping that using CSS as a drying aid will get me through the next month or so until the weather is nice enough to give the whole car a polish and spot correction — at which point I will be using the Ceramic 3-in-1 as my base protection. 9/10.

Not pictured is The Gauntlet 20x30” from The Rag Company. This is what I have been looking for in a drying towel! I’ve been using the CarPro DHydrate and while it’s good, it’s not THIS good. This towel felt much smoother against the paint (safer?), held more water before it started streaking, and just overall dried the car better. 10/10.

I have also been looking forward to trying the TWHS HyperFoam Wheel Cleaner and Tire Prep. It did not disappoint and it got both the wheels and (neglected) tires extremely clean. Seeing that foam turn brown on the tires even without agitation was awesome (I did agitate it though). Each tire needed 2-4 scrubbings, and thus the bottle is almost empty now after only one car wash; at least it’s not too expensive. 8/10.

Last product I can speak on today (haven’t used the others yet) is the DuraGloss 253. I heard so many rave reviews on AGO that I just had to pick up a bottle. I will say that so far the application and resulting look remind me A LOT of Chemical Guy’s Silk Shine, which is a good thing. Hoping that the DG 253 lives up to its namesake and is at least more durable than the Silk Shine. 7.5/10.

14. Likes MisterSnoop, chilly, DFB, Big Dave, dgage and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post

Early Spring stock up. Everything pictured here is a product I haven’t used before (only been heavy into detailing for about a year or so). In the past I used a lot of Meguiar’s products (mainly from the Ultimate line) but have come to really like Griot’s as a brand.

Today I did a thorough exterior wash. I have to say, I really like the Griot’s Brilliant Finish Car Wash. In my experience it beats Meg’s Gold Class wash in every way — better in the pump up sprayer, more slickness with the wash mitt, zero streaking, easier to rinse away. 9/10.

I used the Ceramic Speed Shine as a drying aid (I have some failing Meg’s HCW spray as my base) and I’m super impressed, it was a lovely experience. Absolutely zero streaking (even in 45°F), very slick and made the towel glide so nicely. Left my black car super glossy. Hoping that using CSS as a drying aid will get me through the next month or so until the weather is nice enough to give the whole car a polish and spot correction — at which point I will be using the Ceramic 3-in-1 as my base protection. 9/10.

Not pictured is The Gauntlet 20x30” from The Rag Company. This is what I have been looking for in a drying towel! I’ve been using the CarPro DHydrate and while it’s good, it’s not THIS good. This towel felt much smoother against the paint (safer?), held more water before it started streaking, and just overall dried the car better. 10/10.

I have also been looking forward to trying the TWHS HyperFoam Wheel Cleaner and Tire Prep. It did not disappoint and it got both the wheels and (neglected) tires extremely clean. Seeing that foam turn brown on the tires even without agitation was awesome (I did agitate it though). Each tire needed 2-4 scrubbings, and thus the bottle is almost empty now after only one car wash; at least it’s not too expensive. 8/10.

Last product I can speak on today (haven’t used the others yet) is the DuraGloss 253. I heard so many rave reviews on AGO that I just had to pick up a bottle. I will say that so far the application and resulting look remind me A LOT of Chemical Guy’s Silk Shine, which is a good thing. Hoping that the DG 253 lives up to its namesake and is at least more durable than the Silk Shine. 7.5/10.

a lot of solid choices there..

16. Likes BlackCarBlues liked this post
Page 833 of 949 FirstFirst ... 333733783823824825826827828829830831832833834835836837838839840841842843883933 ... LastLast