autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Had a nice shipment arrive yesterday.Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Now I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining, but the very 1st thing I noticed even before taking anything out of the box... No, it wasn’t packing popcorn.

It’s this. I’m not imagining things, this doesn’t look anything like what I expected Carpro Reload to look like. It looks way watered down. What the Heck!Post Your Unpacking Pictures

....Moving on.

So here’s what I got.

All these products in this next pic are new to me.

I got this Blackfire Total Trim & Tire Sealant after hearing so many people moan about the Blackfire Tire & Trim AIO being discontinued and figured if this is even half as good as they make the other 1 sound, then it outta be better than decent. Plus it was on sale.Post Your Unpacking Pictures

McKee’s High Performance Glass Restorer. I’ve been curious about this for a long time, and I finally pulled the trigger. Expect a review. I can’t wait to try this product and see what I’ve been missing or what it can do.

McKee’s Headlight Coating. I’m excited about this too. It wasn’t cheap, but if it lives up to its claims then it’ll be worth it. Expect a long term extensive review of this product.

303 Protectant sample. It’s been so long since I’ve used it that it might as well be new to me. Thanks AG.

Blackfire Foam Booster sample. Here’s another product I’ve been wanting to try since day 1. Finally get to try it.

2 gallons of Megs D143. Because the Kwazar goes through it like water. I’m having 2nd thoughts about whether I want to continue using the Kwazar for D143. It wastes it at an alarming rate...

4 Yellow LC foam cutting pads. I’m hoping these work well for headlights. Never tried them before.

Megs Foam Applicators. Because IMO they’re the only high quality foam applicators and I can’t be without them for applying my lsp.

Speedy foam tire applicator or whatever it’s called. For applying tire coating.

Carpro Ech2o. And the other $35 dollar Carpro product that doesn’t even deserve mention...

2. Likes GEM65, SWETM, Maxreed241, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Nice haul! Waiting for my package to arrive. Maybe it's the picture but does the new reload bottle have a darker grey tint to it? Maybe that's why it looks less concentrated.

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about durability yet because I just tried it yesterday for the first time but the Blackfire Total Trim and Tire Sealant looks pretty good for 1 coat on my tires. Nice and black with just a hint of sheen.....just the way I like my tires to look. I may try a 2nd coat just the hell of it next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by showbbq View Post
    Nice haul! Waiting for my package to arrive. Maybe it's the picture but does the new reload bottle have a darker grey tint to it? Maybe that's why it looks less concentrated.
    You know I thought the same thing shortly after I posted... But I haven’t had the chance to find out till now and sure enough...

Old Reload on left. New bottle Reload on right.

It’s the same. They Did change the tone of the bottle... My mistake and I retract my previous negative comments about my new bottle of Carpro Reload.

Quote Originally Posted by SJP4379 View Post
    Not sure about durability yet because I just tried it yesterday for the first time but the Blackfire Total Trim and Tire Sealant looks pretty good for 1 coat on my tires. Nice and black with just a hint of sheen.....just the way I like my tires to look. I may try a 2nd coat just the hell of it next time.
    I’ve tried this out on a couple of areas and so far the word phenomenal would be an understatement to describe this product. If it lives up to its longevity claims I’ll be regretting not buying more of it [even though a little goes a long way] Man this stuff is Good!

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

It’s only been 2 days, but it still looks good. I’ve been looking for a product like this for a long time...

7. Likes GEM65, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it in the outlet store? I can't seem to find it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Was it in the outlet store? I can't seem to find it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Yes it Was in the outlet store... Looks like it’s a thing of the past.

This could be yet another example of a great product that gets discontinued for inexplicable reasons. I’m not surprised.Post Your Unpacking Pictures

10. Likes showbbq, fly07sti, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don’t trip Ric, I have a “few” bottles of you ever need more.

12. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Don’t trip Ric, I have a “few” bottles of you ever need more.
    Cool.Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

@fly07sti. It says it’s for exterior trim, but have you tried it on interiors? I like the results I got on the kick panels, and I’m thinking about using it on this soft touch vinyl dash, but I’m not sure. What do you think?

This wood trim could use some help as well...

After lightly cleaning it, I’m pretty certain the reason for the difference in color is due to the cup holders being open for most of its life and the exposed wood has simply faded. My 1st thought was to use carnauba paste wax, or maybe leather conditioner, but now I’m wondering how the Blackfire Trim Sealant might work?

Post Thanks / Like

I’d say give it a shot. I’ve never personally used it for interiors but that’s actually a great idea.

Page 740 of 938 FirstFirst ... 240640690730731732733734735736737738739740741742743744745746747748749750790840 ... LastLast