autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Got this order in today:
    Hdyro2, Speed Master Jr Wheel Brush, Gold Plush Jr (9), Autogeek Squeeze Bottle (3), 16 oz. Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, 36 Ounce Detail Bottle, 64 oz. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Water (2/BOGO), Sample DP Interior cleaner.

And the free gifts:

Lexol 3-in-1 leather care (spray and wipes)
    Lexol Tire Shine
    Lexol Protectant (spray x2 and wipes)

I am excited to try the Hydro2, BF WD WW, and Collinite! Too bad I have to wait about 2 weeks

Post Thanks / Like

I got these today. Costco

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice pick-up ART

I think they are perfect for compounding, interiors...everything except the final polish

For some reason, I just can't bring myself to trust them after a long day of perfecting paint

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Costco towels too, but I use them for the interiors, jambs and trim.

Sent via mobile device.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Just a small delivery.

Sent via mobile device.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Copy and pasted this btw: Here is what I put and did.

So I just washed a 36 pack and then put them in the dryer and they came out great.

I've never done the CD test with any towels, but figured "ehh what the heck, why not." So I got out a DVDR, cleaned it with a Mothers Window cleaner sample bottle I had. Came out clean and no scratches.

So I then folded it 4 ways and rubbed it back and fourth and still nada. Then unfolded it and with one finger rubbed it pretty hard and the DVDr still came out fine. Turned the towel around to the unplush side and did the same with 1 finger and still came out fine.

So looks like these towels might end up working out. Of course, I am not going to be rubbing on the paint that hard, so I think technique will come more into play here. Just hope they hold up for a while. $15 dollars for 36 mf towels.

I do have my other towels for the final wipe, for removing wax, and after the final polish. I just wanted more work horse towels and I plan on getting better on rinseless washes. Due to the new LA water regulations and I like to be as Eco friendly as I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    Copy and pasted this btw: Here is what I put and did.

So I just washed a 36 pack and then put them in the dryer and they came out great.

I've never done the CD test with any towels, but figured "ehh what the heck, why not." So I got out a DVDR, cleaned it with a Mothers Window cleaner sample bottle I had. Came out clean and no scratches.

So I then folded it 4 ways and rubbed it back and fourth and still nada. Then unfolded it and with one finger rubbed it pretty hard and the DVDr still came out fine. Turned the towel around to the unplush side and did the same with 1 finger and still came out fine.

So looks like these towels might end up working out. Of course, I am not going to be rubbing on the paint that hard, so I think technique will come more into play here. Just hope they hold up for a while. $15 dollars for 36 mf towels.

I do have my other towels for the final wipe, for removing wax, and after the final polish. I just wanted more work horse towels and I plan on getting better on rinseless washes. Due to the new LA water regulations and I like to be as Eco friendly as I can.
    I have a stack of the pro force towels and have been in the process of throwing them out after a bit over a year. They work great for interiors, engines, wheels, etc...

I do quite a few rinse less washes and usually stick with the 700 gsm waterless wash towels since both sides are along nap. I feel they hold much more solution than those did which means I can use all 8 sides instead of just 4.

If they work out for you great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    I have a stack of the pro force towels and have been in the process of throwing them out after a bit over a year. They work great for interiors, engines, wheels, etc...

I do quite a few rinse less washes and usually stick with the 700 gsm waterless wash towels since both sides are along nap. I feel they hold much more solution than those did which means I can use all 8 sides instead of just 4.

If they work out for you great
    i've been through a couple packs of these and they work fine, but after using the costco kirkland mf towels, i won't be buying the sams proforce mf towels anymore...

Post Thanks / Like

This latest batch of Kirklands is (or seems) more plush than the last few, maybe approaching 400 gm². After removing the pesky stitched-in tags, they washed up nicely. I used a couple to ONR a hood today to do an inspection and they worked just like I'd expect a plush towel to work. I still won't give up on Cobra or TRC deluxe edgeless and tagless towels, but these will be great for less critical applications. I used to only use Kirklands for the dirtiest jobs.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Received this last week but wanted to share here.

Page 570 of 938 FirstFirst ... 70470520560561562563564565566567568569570571572573574575576577578579580620670 ... LastLast