autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayer Request Thread

I was detailing a car today and though this thread would be a good idea. When I detail I have alot of time to myself and try to pray while I work.

I will start the request off. I just graduated college not too long ago and I dont really know what I am going to do as far as work and the future. I am starting to feel some pressure and stress about it. My request is that God opens the doors that are supposed to be opened and that He closes the doors that are supposed to be closed.

Any and all requests you have feel free to share. If you dont want to get into specifics feel free to say "please pray for me"

Jon
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prayer Request Thread

Ok Jon "please pray for me" and I'll be Praying for you!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the Faith brother, and I'll be praying for ya!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PAR Detailing View Post

I just graduated college not too long ago and I dont really know what I am going to do as far as work and the future.

I am starting to feel some pressure and stress about it.
    Gosh Jon,

After meeting you and working with you I was completely impressed with your positive spirit and professional and polite personality. You have everything going for you including time.

So fear not.

He knows the beginning, the present and the future, you just do right and have faith.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll pray for you bother!

Post Thanks / Like

I was detailing a car today and though this thread would be a good idea. When I detail I have alot of time to myself and try to pray while I work.

I will start the request off. I just graduated college not too long ago and I dont really know what I am going to do as far as work and the future. I am starting to feel some pressure and stress about it. My request is that God opens the doors that are supposed to be opened and that He closes the doors that are supposed to be closed.

Any and all requests you have feel free to share. If you dont want to get into specifics feel free to say "please pray for me"

Jon

Matthew 6:26

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

HE will supply your needs, i tell my wife this all the time when she worries about bills or layoffs.

my prayer request is God's will be done in my life. God bless you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I appretiate the prayers, you can never have enough of them!

I was thinking this could be a communal thread where we can all share or requests so everyone can be praying for everyone. So keep them comming
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

I've already been praying for you, and everyone else too. Its part of my morning ritual. On my prayer list it says "forum friends and enemies"

I'll start being more direct though

Your a fine young man Jon

================================================== ===

Pray my house doesn't flood and it quits raining. Super depressing in the big m town with all this wetness. I couldn't even walk Trouble today
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I will start the request off. I just graduated college not too long ago and I dont really know what I am going to do as far as work and the future. I am starting to feel some pressure and stress about it.
    Hey Jon, I was in the same boat until about 2 months ago when I received an unexpected phone call with a generous job offer in my field.

The offer was made by a man I had met while working at a liquor store to pick up the slack financially. He was a regular customer who had a taste in wine and always asked how school and life were going. I would mention the classes I was taking and the stress I felt during exam weeks. Also, I would mention that graduation was closing in and I was interested in pursuing opportunities in my field. I had no idea he was a CEO of a corporation in my field, until I had talked to him numerous times over the course of 6 months. He never even hinted at it until a day he came into the store after I had unknowingly talked to his brother about my classes and plans for the future. His Brother put in a good word for me and passed along my phone number. The next time he came into the store, we talked Chemistry. I gave him my resume with no expectation for employment. Now he is my boss.

I realized from this offer, that it is not always what you know, but sometimes who you know. Just remember in talking to anyone in general conversation; don't be shy about mentioning your recent graduation and your field and telling them that you are looking for opportunities, but have fallen short recently. If someone has even a slight feeling that they may know someone in your field, have a resume on hand. Honesty, confidence, and appearance make a big impression on people. Make every connection possible, network, maintain a professional appearance, and keep your head up. If the right person comes along and your handshake and conversation make an impact on them, then the opportunity will arise for success. Good luck with everything, and I will pray for you to be given an opportunity asap.

If you don't mind me asking....what was your degree in?
    Jon Miles

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JonMiles View Post

The next time he came into the store, we talked Chemistry. I gave him my resume with no expectation for employment. Now he is my boss.
    What a great story! Inspiring too!

Thank you for sharing it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast