autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much for your lastest tank of gas

Quote Originally Posted by Jsuro View Post
    This used to be true when gas was cheap but not anymore. They work off a percentage and the same percentage adds a lot more to the bottom line when a tankful pays $100.00 vs. when it used to pay $25.00. Simple math.

Also, notice that when oil starts going up, prices at the pump change upwards almost daily. Not the same when oil comes down. Prices only come down via competition at the street corner so it takes a lot longer for gas prices to match the drop in oil price. That's even more money for the station operators.

Prices will come down again when the oil speculators decide it's time to pull the trigger and make the huge profits from the "bubble" they created. It happens all then time..... The only way to fix it is to change the rules so that any one that buys an oil future has to take delivery of the product. That will end this - every two years or so let's go steal some money - in a hurry.

Best,

Jose

+1. When they allowed oil to be traded as a paper commodity it just opened the door for more and more speculative trading.

It will go down in price sooner rather than later. As we get closer to the election the price will start to fall. It's a joke and we are all part of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post

Someday I hope the responsible persons have to drink it, and I'll gladly be there holding the funnel!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

$101.00 for my 26 gallon tank at $3.90 per gallon in Palatka FL! I am dreading summer time because we all know that Obama will not let the U.S. become energy independent and not rely on foreign oil. 2012 cannot get here any faster! and by then i will be 18 and can vote for Trump
    2005 GMC Sierra z71 fully loaded, straight pipes, hypertech programmer, cold air intake, 35" BFG mud terrain Km2's on 2009 Sierra wheels, painted door handles and mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like

64 for my TSX!!!!! I'm about to ask for a raise.

Post Thanks / Like

My car- $55 something, which is the most $ I have ever put in (but it requires premium). Took the wife's Prius for a trip this weekend, burned 3/4 of a tank, and filled up for ~ $15. Glad we have that car around.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

This much per gallon of Premium-

12 Gal to fill up 16.5 Gallon tank, it cost this much-

Post Thanks / Like

Filled my truck Sunday at $3.96 gal and was at 1/4 tank. $93.00 to full it.

Filled my Accord and it was $42.50 to top it off from 1/4 tank.

Fill all my vehicles when they get to 1/4, commute 30 miles one way to work and don't want to get stranded and traffic and be low.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    My car- $55 something, which is the most $ I have ever put in (but it requires premium). Took the wife's Prius for a trip this weekend, burned 3/4 of a tank, and filled up for ~ $15. Glad we have that car around.
    How exciting is the Prius compared to the GT?

I secretly wish I had a Prius although my 2.5i is fun to drive yet still gets good gas mileage for AWD.

Post Thanks / Like

$62 to fill up the Pilot.
    BMW 525i. Honda Pilot 2011 EX-L 4WD

Paul's the name. Phys. Ed. the game!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fancyfootwork View Post
    How exciting is the Prius compared to the GT?
    They are as you well imagine, very different cars. The most frequent issue I have with the Prius is cornering, the switch from performance summer tires on the GT to high efficiency tires on the Prius results in my squealing around the on-ramp curves. Sometimes I get a glare from the wife, but I can't help it, I am already doing 35 where I normally do about 60.

Performance wise the Prius can merge comfortably onto the interstate, and will cruise well at speeds from 77-85. I wont drive it much faster than 85 (except passing) as I would not trust it to pull off a high speed accident avoidance maneuver. The one place it is sorely lacking is passing on two lane highway. In the GT all you need is the smallest of gaps to make a pass. In the Prius, unless I have a clear view of at least 1 mile up the road I won't pull out to pass because it does not have much highway speed passing power.

In the mountains the Prius leaves a lot to be desired. Going over Eisenhower pass I have the accelerator buried in the carpet and it will do alright until the battery is tapped out. When the battery is discharged 45-50 is the top speed going up the steepest parts of the mountain. The Prius does a lot better starting off at high altitudes - in the GT at 9,000+ ft I have about 4 seconds of turbo lag off the line.

All in all the Prius is a fantastic car, and we take it on all of our road trips. When you get in it is a different type of driving, much more laid back and relaxing. I don't constantly have the urge to beat my best time to a destination like I do in the GT.

One final gripe on the Prius is the ABS system is way too sensitive. Going over a small bump or pothole while braking and the car immediately cuts all of the braking power for about a quarter of a second which is very unnerving to have the sudden sensation that the brakes have failed.

I do like the electronic woosh the Prius makes when coming to a stop with the regenerative braking, kind of an inverse to the BOV of the turbo, but it just sounds so high tech it puts a smile on my face.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast