autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the nastiest most disgusting detail job you ever had

Ah, yeah... seems it would just make more sense to do it that way and have a fee for extra dirty vehicles. I've already got a full price list lined up for when I get started, always have been curious about how to upcharge for the rougher jobs.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm in sales now, always let them know ahead of time, never tack on hidden fees... quickest way to establish a bad raport with clients.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrHandWash View Post
    I'm just curious, for these 3-4+ hour long interiors, how do you explain to the customer how pricing works when quoting it?

I'm assuming saying it would take X amount of hours, and the going rate is X per hour. It'll be a minumum of X hours, and then bla bla for each hour after?

When you do it enough, you can just look at a vehicle and have a rough idea how long it's gonna take you.

For me, if I see a job that's so bad that I actually have to charge extra for...it's gotta be bad. I try my hardest to not upcharge people. Sometimes if you suck it up, they'll come back and it wont be as bad the second time.

BUT, there are times when you're just full out busy. If someone brings me something nasty...I'll charge whatever it takes to get me to work on it, ha. That's just how it is. Sometimes these jobs aren't worth having around when you got a line of cars waiting on you.

Post Thanks / Like

The worst is my own car. I just bought a Highlander. The previous owners have two huskies that go everywhere with them. Well the car showed it. I should have took more pics, but I did not think it was that bad until I got in to it. Literally 2 inches of dog hair under the seats. I took out the rear interior panels and found dog hair filled the area behind it. Slobber mixed with sand has stained every interior panel in the back brown. I spent 2 hours scrubbing the plastic panels and used 52 oz of citrus cleaner. Ugh. I seriously considered buying a steamer today to work on it. The smell was atrocious. I am almost done. I have to turn the brown headliner back to gray, and clean the carpets. Might do the seats again.
    The "artist" formerly known as M.P. Cobra Fan.

Bonita Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone left the sunroof flap open, a cat got in, then puked and shat nearly everywhere. It was a fun one getting the smell out

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Someone left the sunroof flap open, a cat got in, then puked and shat nearly everywhere. It was a fun one getting the smell out

that would be one of those 'you couldn't pay me enough' jobs for me...glad you could do it
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

I was contacted a few years ago by an insurance co to clean a car that a young man had shot himself in........no pics for obvious reasons

The car sat in the police impound lot for 30 days and at my shop for another 2 weeks b4 I could get to it........needless to say the smell was pretty bad. I needed a full body suit with respirator to remove the entire interior down to the metal flooring, all seats, carpeting, headliner and all trim was also removed.

I will never take on another job like that!!!
    The smell of "DEATH" is something you just can't wash from your hands, you smell it for weeks after.

Sorry for the gore so early in the morning guys, but take my word, when the call comes in, be prepared!
    Robert DiTerlizzi, 772-260-6636
    Impressions Fine Automotive Detailing
    7656 SW Jack James Dr.Stuart, Fl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
    I was contacted a few years ago by an insurance co to clean a car that a young man had shot himself in........no pics for obvious reasons

The car sat in the police impound lot for 30 days and at my shop for another 2 weeks b4 I could get to it........needless to say the smell was pretty bad. I needed a full body suit with respirator to remove the entire interior down to the metal flooring, all seats, carpeting, headliner and all trim was also removed.

I will never take on another job like that!!!
    The smell of "DEATH" is something you just can't wash from your hands, you smell it for weeks after.

Sorry for the gore so early in the morning guys, but take my word, when the call comes in, be prepared!
    That's an easy fix, take it to the middle of a field, pour some gas all over the interior and throw a match inside, call the insurance co back and tell them where the car is and let them know it was the best you could do
    A passion for perfection!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234