autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Most Expensive car

I've never seen this ask before on this forum.What's the most expensive car you ever detailed and if you have any pictures to post that would be cool . This was one i did a 1967 GT2000 Toyota less then 350 made . From what I was told this is one of 40 left one sold at auction for $375.000
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Expensive car

Very unique thread! I like it! I've never detailed anything that great. A $75k Lexus is the most expensive car I've worked on I believe. I don't have any great pics...but here ya go

Post Thanks / Like

Lets keep the post going there has to be some high dollar cars on here .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

In non-dealer work, this huge thing, which I think the owner said was over $120k

Post Thanks / Like

I just started a 650i today that comes in just shy of $100k (loaded and delivered). Only pics I have right now are of it VERY dirty. Had to do a wheel resto job on it.

There are a few guys on here that regularly work on $150k+ cars. My market just doesn't have that many of those (especially exotics). And you can bet, every "detailer" out there is all over the folks that do have them. So around here, the Benz's and Bimmer's are a pretty decent market.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to date myself here and do a link to the outside, but I think it's worth it.

When I was 15 years old, that would be 41 years ago, I helped my neighbor's dad work on his cars. I did all things, from detailing the cars to helping him rebuild engines, but mostly I washed, waxed and polished - under close supervision!

He raced these cars you see, and had a number of them but two of them lived in the garages, most always in pristine condition thanks to my elbow grease. It had it's rewards. I got to drive them . Granted, at the time these cars were not incredibly expensive but I can only imagine what they are worth now. I cant' even find a record for one of them.

The first was a 1957 or so Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder. It looked very, very close to this one:

250 GT

Same color and all, except that the tires were taller, skinnier the brakes were huge drums, and the interior was black leather. It ran on a V12 with twin distributors. The prettiest sounding engine in the world. I got to drive it. The clutch was so sprung that my leg would shake when stopped with the clutch pedal down. It was a four speed, and one time I did 120mph in third. Don't know where the car is now...

The other car was my favorite - A 1958 Porsche Carrera Speedster "GS" Cabriolet. I think GS because it had a twin cam, twin distributor, twin spark plugs per cylinder engine running on twin dual barrel Weber Carbs. I know because I helped rebuild the engine. It was silver with gold emblems and burgundy leather. Very fast and it turned like on rails. I can't even find a picture of one on the internet so God only knows how many are left and what they go for.

So, maybe not then, but how expensive would they be now .

Best,

Jose

Post Thanks / Like

This one: 1992 Vector W8. Number 14 of 17 made. The last one sold for 1.3M. This one is in much much better condition, all original (including original tires), and owned by one of the 3 founding engineers on Vector. We prepped the car for the Concourse De Elegance 2010, spending 5 days simply cleaning it. No polishing. No running water. The harshest chemical used was TAW since the components are all aerospace finishes and very delicate (as well as irreplaceable). We laid under the car on a scissors jack and cleaned every rivet on the carbon kevlar underbody, and every nook of the carbon kevlar body, bla bla. We were the first people to ever touch the paint other than the owner. The car has never been washed, just wiped clean. Oh, and it hits 240+ mph. A great experience!

Vid made before we worked on it (I believe the 2 - 3 shift is at 100 mph):

Local to Southeast Michigan
    Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

If our own car counts...2011 Jaguar XJ $73,500

2011 Jaguar XJ - Cashmere with Oyster/Pearl interior, Aleutian rims, Illuminated Tread Plates
    2004 Dodge SRT4 - Red with Black interior, Stage 1 turbo, lowered, blacked out rims

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    In non-dealer work, this huge thing, which I think the owner said was over $120k

Thats one big truck

Quote Originally Posted by jlb85 View Post
    This one: 1992 Vector W8. Number 14 of 17 made. The last one sold for 1.3M. This one is in much much better condition, all original (including original tires), and owned by one of the 3 founding engineers on Vector. We prepped the car for the Concourse De Elegance 2010, spending 5 days simply cleaning it. No polishing. No running water. The harshest chemical used was TAW since the components are all aerospace finishes and very delicate (as well as irreplaceable). We laid under the car on a scissors jack and cleaned every rivet on the carbon kevlar underbody, and every nook of the carbon kevlar body, bla bla. We were the first people to ever touch the paint other than the owner. The car has never been washed, just wiped clean. Oh, and it hits 240+ mph. A great experience!

Vid made before we worked on it (I believe the 2 - 3 shift is at 100 mph):
    - Vector W8
    Car is very cool

Quote Originally Posted by NewXJ View Post
    If our own car counts...2011 Jaguar XJ $73,500

Of coarse it counts awesome car and great ride good luck wih it .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

I work on a lot of Range Rovers and BMW's. I have done a 145k Rangie that was a "super special order" directly from LR UK that was supercharged on factory prototype 22in rims with prototype 4 wheel steer, carbon fiber, stainless steel, and Italian leather interior that would have to be one fun car to detail NOT! (the owner was a pain, he is a smoker that wanted all the smell of smoke out of the car and not a trace of the smell left but no scents in it... I accomplished it but had the car for 5 days, he gets in the car after inspecting it and lights one up... ugh! oh well his car)
    Galatians 6:17
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast