autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's everyone doing for exercise these days?

Lift 5-6 days a week. Try to get at least 30-45 minutes of cardio a day (after acl repair on each knee, cardio gets tough)

Looking into some crossfit this summer but its pretty pricey. Anyone else try crossfit?
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryMobile View Post
    Lift 5-6 days a week. Try to get at least 30-45 minutes of cardio a day (after acl repair on each knee, cardio gets tough)

Looking into some crossfit this summer but its pretty pricey. Anyone else try crossfit?

I did a variant of crossfit... the company is called hard exercise works... it worked very well and got me back in my old routine from when I was playing football... Slowly but surely I'll be benchin over 400 again!!! WOOT!!!!!
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing CrossFit for about 5 years and it is the only thing that I would ever do for working out. Because of the high intensity you get a lot of results for little time. The gyms do get kind of pricey, but you are pretty much getting a personal trainer which explains the price. Although I go to a gym now, when I started there weren't any gyms for me to go to so I just learned everything from the website. If you already feel comfortable with the movements and can stay committed on your own, I would just buy a good olympic bar and a set of bumpers from somewhere like Rogue Fitness or Again Faster, get some other random weights off craigslist, make a pull up bar, etc...

As you can tell I love CrossFit and could talk about it for a good part of the day. Let me know if you have any questions.

Post Thanks / Like

I was doing some squats this past Wednesday for an hour or two. By the time that Camaro was done, it was looking good and my legs were sore the next day.
    Two birds with one stone, gotta do what I can.
    I need to do more in terms of exercising and eating right, even though I'm 19. Right now it's gonna be easiest to do anything. Later in life, not so much.
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

Post Thanks / Like

I too am a CrossFitter and have been for over a year. I love it and will never go back to an ordinary gym again the community is great and the results are unbelievable, as long as you are willing to push yourself. Hey WRX are you competing in the games?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggo99 View Post
    I was doing some squats this past Wednesday for an hour or two. By the time that Camaro was done, it was looking good and my legs were sore the next day.
    Two birds with one stone, gotta do what I can.
    I need to do more in terms of exercising and eating right, even though I'm 19. Right now it's gonna be easiest to do anything. Later in life, not so much.
    Tell me about it. I'm 28 and my knees are shot from not taking care of my knees back when I ran track, played soccer and baseball. They would "click" back then and setting tile for a couple extra bucks through school i think did them in..

Post Thanks / Like

I may just suck it up and pay for the crossfit this summer and see how it goes. The group workout atmosphere would be great to have. Just feel silly paying close to $200 to be "certified" to even be in the sessions, not to mention the awful price per session.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LITUNDRA View Post
    I too am a CrossFitter and have been for over a year. I love it and will never go back to an ordinary gym again the community is great and the results are unbelievable, as long as you are willing to push yourself. Hey WRX are you competing in the games?
    Nah I am not competing in the games this year, I have been too busy the past year to go more than 3 times a week max and even that is pushing it lately. You can look for my friend Rich Fronning Jr that got 2nd last year and Crossfit Cookeville in the affiliate cup. If our affiliate team makes it to Cali with Rich then I might have to go out for the games just to support.

I may just suck it up and pay for the crossfit this summer and see how it goes. The group workout atmosphere would be great to have. Just feel silly paying close to $200 to be "certified" to even be in the sessions, not to mention the awful price per session.
    Yea, I bet the prices there are a lot more than here just because of the area. Cookeville,TN is definitely not Fla. It is more expensive than the 24hr Globo-gym for sure, but most people pay over $100 a month for cable TV and I consider a good workout program to be worth more than that and definitely more beneficial. Best of luck in whatever you choose to do!

Post Thanks / Like

I work !

Post Thanks / Like

Hiking and road cycling are my favorite things to do for exercise
    Tom
    2018 Lincoln - MKC
    Midnight Sapphire Blue Metallic

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast