autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: What was your first car?

My first two cars I literally tied ropes to them and drug them out of barns and then fixed them up...

1926 Model T Quarter Mile Race Car - Never was able to get it running, I was only 15 at the time and stalled out at the engine rebuilding. (283 small block Chevy with a 6-pack)

1948 Plymouth Super Deluxe Coupe - drove this all through high school after replacing the motor and having the car painted 1976 Ford Truck Bright Red in Single Stage Enamel, which leads to a story.

The movie Grease came out in 1978 and back in High School I was the only guy in my school with a car that was from the period in which Grease tried to exemplify. Heck I was the only guy in my High School that had what you would call an "old car", in the context of something "Special Interest".

The car they raced in the movie was a 1948 Ford Convertible,

In High School I drove a 1948 Plymouth. Here's the only photo of my car I have on the Internet,

This car isn't mine, it's a 1947 Plymouth Coupe I did an extreme makeover to. It gives you and idea of what a 1948 Plymouth Coupe looks like from the side and you can see the resemblance to the 1948 Ford from the movie Grease. (Except the Ford in Grease was a convertible.

The above car was completely covered with white overspray paint and filled with swirls, I did all the restoration work by hand for this extreme makeover.

Before - Horrible Swirls throughout the finish

First we removed the white paint overspray using Meguiar's Quik Clay System now replaced with Smooth Surface Clay Kit.

Then applied one hand application of ColorX followed by one hand application of NXT Tech Wax Liquid

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was a 1960s 7 cylinder, 2 speed, 3 door Studebaker Lark in college. 7 cylinder because 1 was blown, 2 speed because we had no first gear, 3 door because a passenger door was welded shut. It got 10 miles to a quart of oil. We used drain oil. The floor board had a hole in it we used as an ashtray for various things .

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see now........I was 20 years old, had been in the Navy for two years, and finally got stationed on land after the big gray floating airport. That duty was Naval Air Station Barber's Point Hawaii. There was a black 1962 Bonneville convertible there with my name on it. It served me well and helped me in my sworn duty to protect every bar in Honolulu from the Communist menace. I did a helluva job since 40+ years later they are still safe
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

1965 mg 1100. 4 doors ugh

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was a 1971 Dodge Demon 340, pretty much identical to this one:

http://static.cargurus.com/images/si...pic-61263.jpeg

I drag raced it on weekends and once won the Stock Eliminator . If I remember correctly it ran in G/stock at the time. Cost $3200 new.

Best,

Jose

Post Thanks / Like

My first car...was a pick up truck .

1969 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper with a 350 V-8.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing fun or fancy here, my first car was a 98 Explorer Sport
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

My first car was a 1973 torino Lime Green ugliest damn thing around...had for about a month then picked up a 1967 Camaro SS w/RS option 400 4speed 4:11 posi man was that thing a launcher and bad quick wish I still had that one!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

My first car was a 76 AMC Gremlin with a 232 straight 6. It had snow tires on it and an underdash Pioneer SuperTuner 8-Track. A chunk of wood held up the drivers' seat.

Damn, I miss that car!

This isn't it but very similar. Mine was tan with a brown hockey stripe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Let's see now........I was 20 years old, had been in the Navy for two years, and finally got stationed on land after the big gray floating airport. That duty was Naval Air Station Barber's Point Hawaii. There was a black 1962 Bonneville convertible there with my name on it. It served me well and helped me in my sworn duty to protect every bar in Honolulu from the Communist menace. I did a helluva job since 40+ years later they are still safe
    Which carrier did you serve on?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.