autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bummed out!

Post Thanks / Like

Bummed out!

So what gives - Nicest day in Middle Tennessee for a LONG time, car wash was packed all day long, and I was ready for some phone calls (washed MFs / got my products inline/ got some good rest). Not one call today!!! So, I was going to take my truck to an airport hanger and polish it and get some great pics ------ but the "boss" tells me I need to stay home and do a full interior on our home lol....... so I got a whole lot of nothing done today. I will be busy this week with regular customers, but what happen to all the random people?!?!?!?! This happen to anyone else this year yet?!?!?
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bummed out!

It was so nice today here in NC also. I washed the wifes car and polished it with 360. I cleaned the headliner to (thanks to whomever, for the tip of using APC on a towel, it worked wonders). Hope your phone rings alot next week.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finemess View Post
    It was so nice today here in NC also. I washed the wifes car and polished it with 360. I cleaned the headliner to (thanks to whomever, for the tip of using APC on a towel, it worked wonders). Hope your phone rings alot next week.
    Hope so too! By the way - Tool is by far my favorite band man...... listening to Tool/Deftones Passenger right now lol.
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    So what gives - Nicest day in Middle Tennessee for a LONG time, car wash was packed all day long, and I was ready for some phone calls (washed MFs / got my products inline/ got some good rest). Not one call today!!! So, I was going to take my truck to an airport hanger and polish it and get some great pics ------ but the "boss" tells me I need to stay home and do a full interior on our home lol....... so I got a whole lot of nothing done today. I will be busy this week with regular customers, but what happen to all the random people?!?!?!?! This happen to anyone else this year yet?!?!?
    I've been the opposite. This is the time where usually my phone doesn't ring much at all. But lately...it's been crazy. I'm actually scared of March right now, haha. I better start looking for helpers ASAP!

Usually when you get a day like what you had...you end up paying for it ten fold, ha. You'll end not slammed next week!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    I've been the opposite. This is the time where usually my phone doesn't ring much at all. But lately...it's been crazy. I'm actually scared of March right now, haha. I better start looking for helpers ASAP!

Usually when you get a day like what you had...you end up paying for it ten fold, ha. You'll end not slammed next week!!!

Yeah - I can say that I have been very fortunate this winter - I did have quite a bit of down time last week.... but I was sure I was going to get hit today Well - something I am thinking of trying out this year (just to see how it goes) is going down the main road of where I live and hit up people in the businesses around here and asking if they want a basic $30 "detail". I've heard people doing that and it working great and also is good advertising. Never done it before.... but may try it since it will be so nice out this week. Any thoughts on this?!?!?! Anyone tried it?!?!!
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Yeah - I can say that I have been very fortunate this winter - I did have quite a bit of down time last week.... but I was sure I was going to get hit today Well - something I am thinking of trying out this year (just to see how it goes) is going down the main road of where I live and hit up people in the businesses around here and asking if they want a basic $30 "detail". I've heard people doing that and it working great and also is good advertising. Never done it before.... but may try it since it will be so nice out this week. Any thoughts on this?!?!?! Anyone tried it?!?!!
    Can't say I've tried that myself. I will be going handing out my brochures to local businesses soon though. But, I've never gone out and offered my service right then and there. Maybe once mobile is up and running...I can send my guys out on days where there's no work and offer discounted details. That will at least bring some money in. Good idea! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    Can't say I've tried that myself. I will be going handing out my brochures to local businesses soon though. But, I've never gone out and offered my service right then and there. Maybe once mobile is up and running...I can send my guys out on days where there's no work and offer discounted details. That will at least bring some money in. Good idea! lol
    Yeah - just gonna test it out I think.... The Local Bank of America employees said that they would love it...... If it works well by myself quickly... then I may go with a crew on a nice day and make a full day out it - push out 30 cars in a day at $30 a car - that would be nice!
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I took care of the wife Acura TXS today

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be taking care of the DD's tomorrow if my co worker bails on getting his car done. Supposed to get up to around 60 but fairly windy. Here's to hoping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boozman View Post
    I took care of the wife Acura TXS today
    My better half always asks me why I don't detail our cars, then when I actually decide to do it she tells me not too and concentrate on the kitchen and living room lol. But she is pregnant and she also has that crazy effective woman's LOOK down to a T, so I must abide!

Quote Originally Posted by Vjeszczi View Post
    I'll be taking care of the DD's tomorrow if my co worker bails on getting his car done. Supposed to get up to around 60 but fairly windy. Here's to hoping.
    I'm hoping to jump on a Buick paint correction tomorrow..... for the small fee of a 50 something inch television! I don't watch tv - but I think Im the only one left in the U.S. that doesn't have a big screen tv - so guess Im moving up in the world lol!

hhmmmm - got love the wind + spray bottles + chemicals. Wear goggles!
    Bates Detailing