autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: remarks from neighbors 2

It's interesting how different people treat their cars differently, I think I narrowed it down to 4 groups:

Group # 1: People with nice cars that care about the car.

Group # 2: People with "average" cars that care about the car.

Group # 3: People with nice cars that do not care about the car at all.

Group # 4: People with "average" or really junked out cars that do not care about the car at all.

The group that amazes me most is # 3. I see some really nice cars, and you can see swirls, bird poop stains, rims that look like a sword went through them, the list goes on and on.

I guess some people just don't care, maybe the car was easy to attain for them and it's "just a car".

My .002 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Th3 Factory Freak View Post
    It's interesting how different people treat their cars differently, I think I narrowed it down to 4 groups:

Group # 4: People with "average" or really junked out cars that do not care about the car at all.

The group that amazes me most is # 3. I see some really nice cars, and you can see swirls, bird poop stains, rims that look like a sword went through them, the list goes on and on.

I guess some people just don't care, maybe the car was easy to attain for them and it's "just a car".

My .002 cents.
    They Could be busy with family and work. The reason that they have nice cars is because they work hard for it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A2 Auto Spa View Post
    They Could be busy with family and work. The reason that they have nice cars is because they work hard for it.
    Point taken.
    2013 Lexus ISF - "The BEAST is the BEAST, let it run free"
    2004 WRX STi - sold but not forgotten.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3 Factory Freak View Post

My .002 cents.
    You forgot group #5: People with cars that should have been junked back when Reagan was president and their car has about as much paint as they do hair, yet they think a bottle of Auri is going to bring it back to showroom-new condition.
    2013 Honda Accord Touring - Crystal Black Pearl/Black

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by erichaley View Post
    You forgot group #5: People with cars that should have been junked back when Reagan was president and their car has about as much paint as they do hair, yet they think a bottle of Auri is going to bring it back to showroom-new condition.
    LOL, thank you, I will make a correction to my list.
    2013 Lexus ISF - "The BEAST is the BEAST, let it run free"
    2004 WRX STi - sold but not forgotten.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinwhiskers View Post
    I've used that line myself. I have a lot of employees too (I'm not a professional detailer) that ask me to detail their cars, but I have a real hard time taking money from them so I pass.

Neighbors don't really say much other than the typical looking good , etc. but I do get a lot of crazy requests. They think I'm some car guru just because I take care of my cars and keep them looking nice. I've had neighbors ask me to help siphon gas out of their cars, help with mechanical issues, diagnose problems, etc. They all ask me, "you're the car guy, right?" I have to explain I only know how to make them pretty, and I can't diagnose their check engine light.
    I posted about it here. But, a while ago I was putting a front axle on my SUV outside and this guy came up to me and basically asked me to put brakes on his car. At that "particular point" of the repair, things were not going so well (stripped rusted bolts). So, to get rid of the guy I told him "I don't know how to do brakes".

Then he started arguing with me. He said something like "you have the brakes off right there, you must know how" and kept asking me "how did you learn to do this". I kept telling him "online" and "I just memorized the steps from online", but he wouldn't go away.

Finally, a bolt spun or something and I let out a large loud stream of really bad curse words - and that made him leave.

I do have a retired guy who always used to say "you'll wash the paint off", etc..., but I started to just ignore him and now he just says "hi".

One guy came up and started asking me about using a PC, pads, and Menzerna polishes one day. It seemed like he bought all the stuff but wasn't having much luck ( this was at night). I told him to stop by one day and I'd help him out, but I never saw him again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I posted about it here. But, a while ago I was putting a front axle on my SUV outside and this guy came up to me and basically asked me to put brakes on his car. At that "particular point" of the repair, things were not going so well (stripped rusted bolts). So, to get rid of the guy I told him "I don't know how to do brakes".

Then he started arguing with me. He said something like "you have the brakes off right there, you must know how" and kept asking me "how did you learn to do this". I kept telling him "online" and "I just memorized the steps from online", but he wouldn't go away.

Finally, a bolt spun or something and I let out a large loud stream of really bad curse words - and that made him leave.

I do have a retired guy who always used to say "you'll wash the paint off", etc..., but I started to just ignore him and now he just says "hi".

One guy came up and started asking me about using a PC, pads, and Menzerna polishes one day. It seemed like he bought all the stuff but wasn't having much luck ( this was at night). I told him to stop by one day and I'd help him out, but I never saw him again.
    Maybe he found AG!

I have been harassed a lot over washing and polishing!

My neighbors constantly saying "You'll wash the paint of your car" and stuff like "You'll polish all the paint off" while I was polishing.

Its been 3 yrs now and my paint is in a good condition owing to regular maintenance and minimal touch technique washes etc.

And my neighbors who had bought their car around that time have theirs in tatters literally!! Whenever I take mine out, you could see them staring lol (and all those comments ceased)

btw I was just wondering, if the car's body is properly earthed, will the dust buildup due to static, stop?

Post Thanks / Like

The 'salesman' told me NOT to EVER wax my car.
    That was just yesterday.

Nuff said...

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    The 'salesman' told me NOT to EVER wax my car.
    That was just yesterday.

Nuff said...

Bill
    Thats the funniest thing I've ever heard!

Did they offer 'Teflon Coating' instead?

Post Thanks / Like
    The #3 person who's worked so hard to get that nice car should maybe work even harder to reach into his pocket and have it detailed every 3-6 monthes then. The "family stuff" is such an exuse IMO, everyone has family stuff going on, noone is that busy from noon to night, everyday, everyweek, no way, if you've got that Porsche you've worked so hard for you'll either find time to give it some proper attention or have it taken care of by someone.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast