autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally settled on my new ride!!!

Alright... many of you folks helped me out with some terrific responses on this thread:

Car DECISIONS!!! HELP!!!

But anyways, I finally decided on a new car! It's a 2010 Nissan 370Z coupe with sport package (6MT of course). I just picked her up this afternoon! I decided to pass on the mustang vert (too common, just looks plain-jane...) and passed on the BMW (too expensive for a used one even, plus reliability issues) and passed on the S2000 (too light on power and torque).

I drove this beauty and fell in love with its looks and its power and its ride. The synchro rev is an absolute gem. It's a base model with sport and 6MT. Notice the color??? Yes it's WHITE!!! Soooo sexy... seeing it in person was UNbelievable. I have owned 5 black vehicles, and funny how I went complete opposite spectrum. It's a pearl white color... love the flakes! Since I've been a Souveran and 4Star fan, now I have to try Sig Series 2!!! I heard that's the best for white and flakes??? what else you guys think?

Anyways, here are some pics. Mind you, that I was NOT the one who detailed this... straight from dealer. I was debating whether or not to tell them NOT to touch the paint, but I figured, what the hey, it'll give me something to do over winter to fix up what they fubared... lol... I'll post more pics after I do a complete detail. Bye black, hello WHITE!

And here's some close ups of the swirls and the pearl flakes...

2012 Ford Mustang 5.0 - Kona Blue Christened name: MARILYN
    2012 Acura TSX S.E. - Silver Moon Christened name: TORI
    2013 Toyota Prius V - Blue Ribbon Metallic Christened name: PORTIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally settled on my new ride!!!

congrats on the new ride , and don't let the dealership touch it anymore than they already have....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    congrats on the new ride , and don't let the dealership touch it anymore than they already have....
    Oh for sure Al... I always do all my own work. I just use them to give me a killer deal and buy the car from them... hehe. After that, I avoid them like the plague.

I decided to let them wash/detail/buff, whatever they do to it, because if I'm taking delivery of a new car, I want to make sure there aren't any permanent defects (i.e. deep scratches, bad paint, etc). If I don't let them touch it, then it's dirty when I take delivery, then when I get back home and see there's some defects in the paint, I'm SOL.

So thus, I let them "detail" it, then fully inspect it, with my Brinkmann to make sure that swirls are the worst of all evils on the paint. I can correct that no problem.

p.s. you should have seen the folks at the dealership when they came across me... They started laughing when I brought my brinkmann light around with me whereever I went, along with 3 MF towels and some detail spray. Hey, I wanna make sure my paint was perfect!!! I even saw a note my sales guy left for the Detail department "Please be EXTRA careful when detailing. New owner is super meticulous and walks around with a swirl light!"

No joke.. it was HILARIOUS.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! That's funny. Congrats on the new ride!

They see me rollin...
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Ha! That's funny. Congrats on the new ride!

They see me rollin...
    Thanks Shane... they'll see me rollin' alright.

So hey, how do you like the PB Quikwax I got ya? I love your M205...

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats bro, my cousin has same car except its blue. Love the synchro rev.

I even saw a note my sales guy left for the Detail department "Please be EXTRA careful when detailing. New owner is super meticulous and walks around with a swirl light!"

Are you serious, this just cracked me up.
    You'd think they'd be careful on every damn car they get. but ofcourse not.

That would be a sight, seein someone with quick detailer in hand with MFs and a SWIRL LIGHT in the lot...ahahah LOL

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good choice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportscarhiatus View Post
    p.s. you should have seen the folks at the dealership when they came across me... They started laughing when I brought my brinkmann light around with me whereever I went, along with 3 MF towels and some detail spray. Hey, I wanna make sure my paint was perfect!!! I even saw a note my sales guy left for the Detail department "Please be EXTRA careful when detailing. New owner is super meticulous and walks around with a swirl light!"

No joke.. it was HILARIOUS.
    you can only care what people think of you to a point, they aren't the ones paying for the car, YOU are so i would care less what they think and to top it off, your car will always look better than any of theirs (who's laughing now LOL). if i were to buy one, i would have them order one and make sure not to peel off any plastic till i got there to make sure there wasn't any damage (just like the Autipian below requested)

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...ell-story.html
    From Day 1, they had STRICT guidelines not to wash, detail, or remove ANY of the plastic. In addition, I told them I'd refuse the car if the front plate was drilled. Since this car was fresh off the boat from Japan, I wanted it just like that.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a fantastic choice. The rims look absolutely perfect on it very cool. Congradulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tenzin View Post
    Congrats bro, my cousin has same car except its blue. Love the synchro rev.

I even saw a note my sales guy left for the Detail department "Please be EXTRA careful when detailing. New owner is super meticulous and walks around with a swirl light!"

Are you serious, this just cracked me up.
    You'd think they'd be careful on every damn car they get. but ofcourse not.

That would be a sight, seein someone with quick detailer in hand with MFs and a SWIRL LIGHT in the lot...ahahah LOL

CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Thank you tenzin. Yes, I am DEAD serious. I know because my sales guy accidentally left it on his desk as we were doing paperwork. He wondered why I started laughing. I pointed to the detail order sheet, and he's like "You weren't suppposed to see that. Sorry.". Hilarious.

But yeah, those detailing departments at dealerships are hit and miss... mostly miss. For example, when I bought a new black altima 4 years ago, when I saw the car on the lot, it was totally fine... just dirt from rain,etc. When I came back 4 days later to pick it up, the car was swirled ALL over, with some holograms. Apparently this was the dealer's "final detail prep" for me... sheeeeeeeeesh. So since then, I was leary. But luckily on my new Z, it was fine... just them adding a few swirls... nothing I can't remove.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Z51 View Post
    Good choice!
    Thank you sir. I thought so myself as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    you can only care what people think of you to a point, they aren't the ones paying for the car, YOU are so i would care less what they think and to top it off, your car will always look better than any of theirs (who's laughing now LOL). if i were to buy one, i would have them order one and make sure not to peel off any plastic till i got there to make sure there wasn't any damage...

From Day 1, they had STRICT guidelines not to wash, detail, or remove ANY of the plastic. In addition, I told them I'd refuse the car if the front plate was drilled. Since this car was fresh off the boat from Japan, I wanted it just like that.
    I would have done that too, Al... problem was, they had MONSTER deals with cars on their lots. It's almost winter here in Iowa, so Nissan is giving dealers tons of incentives to pass on to the customers to help sell the cars. So this particular Z was on their lot already...

But yeah, I wasn't too worried about what they thought of me and my OCD when it comes to detailing... hell, I get that all the time from neighbors who watch me wash, wax, and buff.... not even including passersby in surrounding neighborhoods who walk by my house and see me out there.

Oh btw Al, yes, I made 100% there was NO front drilled plate on my car. This is a first for me that I finally got one with no holes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast