autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car DECISIONS!!! HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    When did they add back seats to the Elise?!!?!
    They didn't. just make a few trips. you will want to anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    I think that your post here says a lot, and it tells me that the best decision would probably be to keep your G35. It is a great car in great condition. If I'm going to be buying a new vehicle, I want to be darn sure that there is no doubt in my mind that I *really* want (need?) to do this.

If you are really considering keeping your current car, that's exactly what I would do, and wait until something else comes along that you simply MUST HAVE! I don't get that feeling from you now with regard to either the Mustang or the M3.

When you get to the point that all you can do is think about a certain car, and you join an internet forum dedicated to that car, and you dream about that car night after night and can't get it out of your mind....then you are ready to take the plunge!

This is how it has been for me for more than 25 years now.

Having said all that, I am a driver who prefers handling above all else. Of course a car that handles like it is on rails won't be all that fun if it is a dog. But that isn't the case with the M3, even though it won't be as fast as the Mustang.

Do the new Mustangs *still* have the live rear axle?

I've never driven a Mustang that handled very well. <flame suit on>
    Rob... thanks for the feedback man! I am really just looking for a different car to test out the polishes you gave me haha... kidding.

I think you might be right though. I should probably just keep the G... no car payments, she looks great as it is, has ample power, handles well, and can be a head turner at times.

Btw, yes, the new 5.0's still have the live rear axle. Ancient, yes, but reviews have been positive on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBall View Post
    One of my favorite convertibles to date is the S2000. its quick, looks good and is reliable. not to mention they are a blast to drive. But Ive been racing since i was 7 years old. So my opinion on a drivers vehicle is a bit different.
    Although I prefer a convertible with a rear seat for the little guy in the car seat I have also looked at S2k's. They're cheaper, some come certified, and are bulletproof reliable. True they are quicker, but the lack of torque can be a downer. 150some footlb's I think. My G at least "feels" quicker. But perhaps with the S2k's great reliability and handling and low price, I can overlook its lack of a rear seat and lack of torque.
    2012 Ford Mustang 5.0 - Kona Blue Christened name: MARILYN
    2012 Acura TSX S.E. - Silver Moon Christened name: TORI
    2013 Toyota Prius V - Blue Ribbon Metallic Christened name: PORTIA

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sweet G you have there. However, the new 5.0's are very good cars, all around. Ford did a great job on them!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Pretty sweet G you have there. However, the new 5.0's are very good cars, all around. Ford did a great job on them!
    Thanks Mark! Tell me about it... that's why I have a dilemma! More like a tri-lemma or a quadruple-lemma, depending on the number of cars I would be happy with besides my G.

Also, fwiw, I wouldn't mind a C6 Z06, but alas, too much dough (I love yours btw)

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the money just burning a hole in your pocket...keep the g and add a twin turbo kit to it. Now that will bring miles of smiles. The g is such a classic, beautiful shape....
    2006 Honda Ridgeline Nighthawk Black Pearl with the wonderful soft Honda clear....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evilwrx View Post
    If you have the money just burning a hole in your pocket...keep the g and add a twin turbo kit to it. Now that will bring miles of smiles. The g is such a classic, beautiful shape....
    interesting.....might have to agree with this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evilwrx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonn127 View Post
    interesting.....might have to agree with this one.
    Yes, I've considered that too... I have a buddy that is from Missouri, and is friends with the folks at ProCharger. They can get me a blower kit (installed) for like 3500. So yes, I've thought about it... never jumped through that hoop yet though. I get worried about the reliability and devaluing my G when it comes time to sell it.

And thanks for the comment on the shape of the G. I have to agree... esp with the stock exhaust sound... you're making it harder for me to justify the new purchase!

Post Thanks / Like

why don't you get G37 convertible? Metal roof (I hate cloth), LOTS of power, amazing handling (may not be as sharp as M3, but MUCH better then mustang), reliable, stylish...what can you ask for more?
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportscarhiatus View Post
    Yes, I've considered that too... I have a buddy that is from Missouri, and is friends with the folks at ProCharger. They can get me a blower kit (installed) for like 3500. So yes, I've thought about it... never jumped through that hoop yet though. I get worried about the reliability and devaluing my G when it comes time to sell it.

And thanks for the comment on the shape of the G. I have to agree... esp with the stock exhaust sound... you're making it harder for me to justify the new purchase!
    modded G for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBall View Post
    They didn't. just make a few trips. you will want to anyway.
    Hey, you don't have to convince me. I own an Exige S.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast