autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, feels good to help a lost sheep....

Well my wife's brother is over this weekend hanging out with us. It's so nice today so I was out to wash the windows on the house (I even used some Collinite 845 on a few). I told him it was really nice and he could wash his car if he wanted to. He comes from a family that could care less about keeping anything nice (still breaking my wife of that mind set) especially cars. So he has a 2004 Hondai Tiburon, a real nice dark blue. He decided to wash it, and even had some sort of Eagle One spray soap or something. I didn't want to pressure him so I just told him to feel free to use whatever is in the cabinet, and here and there pointed out a few things to use. He admitted that the last time he washed his car was the last time he spent the weekend at our house. I think it was in the spring (yikes!). So anyway he got the car all cleaned up nice. It's far from perfect as it really needed a claying but he said he doesn't want to get that anal. But I did get a coat of 845 on it to get him through the winter. He said he wants to take better care of it, so hopefully I can get him hooked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully you can get him hook. Show him a full detail if it not to cold, maybe he will start having pride in he's ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like my mother and father.

My father brags about having a sponge the same amount of years that he have the car (guess what he gets for christmas? A WASHING MIT). And my Mother means that its no point in washing the car, its going to be dirty again in a week or so (but she does enjoy it when i wash and detail it) And they both keeps buying black cars...........
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah once your hooked, thats it for real. The pride you begin to take in your car really is a nice feeling. Clean it up for him for a bday present and I bet you that will convert him! D

Post Thanks / Like
    Your brother-in-law sounds like my neighbor. He saw me working on my truck over the weekend and yelled across the street "yeah, I was my car 4 times a year weather it needs it or not". My response was "uhg!!" with a big smile.

Post Thanks / Like
    if it dosen't rain my neighbors car dosen't get washed..beleive me he is not joking around..