autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $&^#*^*&!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry $&^#*^*&!!!!

so i just got home from the shop, my car needed some suspension work; tie rods and such things. and when i picked up my car all was fine, drove great etc. only just now i noticed a nice little scratch. and by scratch i mean a GOUGE about 2x3 inches on the front bumper where the paint, primer and all, and a bit of the plastic from the bumper, is completly missing. so needless to say im not very happy at all. they even parked the car in such a way that i wouldnt notice when i went to pick it up (the have had it almost a week to boot). words cant describe my rage right now...

Post Thanks / Like
    ouch. the shop should have insurance for this kind of thing. Take it to them tommorow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope they don't have any policies like if you drive it away, that ends their responsibility. Always got to check before you leave, at least I do. (Sorry not trying to lecture when you are obviously angered by this situation, but advice to avoid it for others. )

Post Thanks / Like
    well after i got over the being pissed off stage, i called my insurance company, so things are in motion at this point. im going to call the shop tomorow so we will see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    My family owned an insurance business, that shops' policy most likely has a clause in it resembling what Abercrombie mentioned. Kinda like the Valet thing (we're not responsible for lost/damaged items". Good luck, and hope it works out. What I would do is call tomorrow but don't try to cop an attitude, be firm, and let them know you want it fixed etc. Believe me, if you call like Satan just visited from hell, they can just say f' it and not do anything as most commercial type insurance policies have clauses in them as above. Whose your carrier? I would assume it should go fairly smooth, though they could always bs and say it wasn't their fault.

This happened to a friend in down here, took his car to a shop, there was a dent and scratch on the side of the bumper (like it caught something) and he didn't notice it when he picked it up. Obviously he called afterwards and unfortunatley he had to come out of pocket, b/c legally he drove off and it becomes almost a he said/she said thing.

Always look over your vehicle, hell, I still do with my dealer and I trust them lol
    Last edited by Surfer; 11-13-2006 at 07:47 PM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah thats what im dreading, however i never signed nor read any sort of disclaimers, didnt even sign off on a sort of approval for the work done, i dont even care who pays for it. i just want my car back to the way it was, and worse is i just spent a week without it, so now im going to have to wait for friggin ever for it to get painted even if it means paying for it myself. its just aggrivating when people have such disregard for stuff like this, im sure everyone on the forum can sympathise. i dont drive an audi at 19 because im spoiled, i busted my a** to get it, and in a few seconds someone f**** up years of work. im pretty much beside myself
    EDIT: fixed up my language a bit..

Post Thanks / Like
    i got tires put on my immaculate, pristine white 1998 supra. they give it back to me with big black marks all over the bumper and denied it. Evidently they had bumped the spare on it when putting the spare away - it was obvious!!
    luckily it was only in the clear coat and i got it out. the worker straight up denied it, and the owner said get it buffed out and ring me a bill... big deal. i wanted a fargin apology, but all i got was attitude...

years prior, i took our black civic to the carwash. they used a brush for high profile vehicles on it and scratched the paint - some into the clear!! They denied it 100 percent, but i know they did it!! Come on. state farm said no way to prove, so they (carwash) wouldn't be responsible short of admitting it, which they did not. and i never drove it off - I spotted it asap.

best of luck!! I hope they fix it.
    i hate repair people - no offese anyone! they are so careless with other people's baies!!!! With sympathy, Lauren

Post Thanks / Like
    just spoke with the owner, and he said that they would fix it =) so im going to take the car by tomorow so they can take a look. hopefully everything goes smoothly =D

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it all works out with you. Just keep your insurance company informed. I had to go through them when I went through my body shop ordeal and they basically told me that they would fix it no matter what it took. I wish you well.

Post Thanks / Like
    good to hear they are going to do the right thing. that is nice to hear in this world. let everyone know how it goes!!!
    lauren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.