autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wally World does it again

I was in Wally world tonight in the great state of NH and they had Autoglym HD for $10 a box. Also had the palm applicators for $2 a piece so I bought 3. Those things are awesome!

I promised wifey I would wouldn't buy anymore waxes though and she held me to it

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wally World does it again

I'm surprised you still found them. I got one two months ago for the same price. Awesome Deal!

Post Thanks / Like

What would you guys compare the HD to that Autogeek sells?

Post Thanks / Like

$10 is what the price should've been all along. Just two years ago, that stuff was being sold for $100

Now they've lost both the Wally World account, plus they stand a fat chance of gaining their (pre-ww) following back

Who didn't see this coming?

Yours truly,

Hype
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

AG HD is a great wax IMO, but it does have a slight learning curve to it that throws some people off. I think it looks awesome, and it has very good durability for a wax. It has a deep look like a nuba, but at the same time it has lots of gloss like a sealant. One of my favorites, and at $10 you just can't go wrong.

As far as comparing it, get ready haters, I would say it's similar to Fuzion. Buy that I mean it has the wax and sealant look going on at the same time. It is by no means as easy to apply as Fuzion but it should offer better durability, great looks, and at a small fraction of the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    $10 is what the price should've been all along. Just two years ago, that stuff was being sold for $100

Now they've lost both the Wally World account, plus they stand a fat chance of gaining their (pre-ww) following back

Who didn't see this coming?

Yours truly,

Hype
    I totally disagree. AG makes some AWESOME products. Their Custom Wheel Cleaner is easily the best on the market and is a fraction of the price of Sonax and P21S. Also their interior shampoo is top notch and also priced well. Another great product is their super resin polish. One of the most underrated AIO's out there. They have a very solid line that will bound back from the Wally Worl and Pep Boys failures.

Also those failure are more due to the fact that the dumb rednecks at Wally World aren't going to spend $50 on a wax when they see TW Ice sitting right next to it for $10. They have no idea how much better the AG HD is, so they shop only based on price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Also those failure are more due to the fact that the dumb rednecks at Wally World aren't going to spend $50 on a wax when they see TW Ice sitting right next to it for $10. They have no idea how much better the AG HD is, so they shop only based on price.
    Well, IMO Auto Glym should've done their homework better. I also concour, who is going to be stupid enough to spend $50, when you can get practically the exact same thing for $10

Yours,

Dumb Redneck
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Well, IMO Auto Glym should've done their homework better. I also concour, who is going to be stupid enough to spend $50, when you can get practically the exact same thing for $10

Yours,

Dumb Redneck
    Yeah TW Ice is the same as AG HD what was I thinking...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I got AG HD from Walmart too and found the wax difficult to apply by hand. Most waxes I use have at least some lubricity to them but HD wax went on kind of dry and spotty. It sure looked great when I was done though. I even think collinite 476 is easier to apply than HD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    AG HD is a great wax IMO, but it does have a slight learning curve to it that throws some people off. I think it looks awesome, and it has very good durability for a wax. It has a deep look like a nuba, but at the same time it has lots of gloss like a sealant. One of my favorites, and at $10 you just can't go wrong.

As far as comparing it, get ready haters, I would say it's similar to Fuzion. Buy that I mean it has the wax and sealant look going on at the same time. It is by no means as easy to apply as Fuzion but it should offer better durability, great looks, and at a small fraction of the price.
    No hating here, I regularly use both Fuzion and AG HD and agree with this. My white daily driver got a coat of HD on Saturday and my girlfriend's metallic black DD got a coat of Fuzion yesterday, both look fantastic. I don't think HD is going to win anyone over on ease of use, but once you have the technique for application dialed in removal is easy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast