autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

1966 Chevy Milk Truck

1966 Milk Truck

I posted a picture of my Milk Truck in this thread and was going to add a few more pictures as it's a very unique truck but didn't want to take his thread off-topic so I started a thread for the truck...

My Milk Truck had a 396 Big Block Chevy with a mild cam and a Turbo 400 with a Lokar Shifter and was a blast to drive!

I met a Milk Truck Mechanic of 25 years at the Pomona Swap Meet one summer and he said in his life he'd seen a lot of different milk trucks but he said he never seen a 1966 Chevy 1-Ton Dually like mine.

I regret selling it but the good news is the guy I sold it to still has it and said he would sell it back to me for the same price.

After I bought the Milk Truck I pretty much rebuilt everything mechanical except the engine. I had a route where I called on body shops, detailers and dealerships and sold detailing supplies and I also used it when I did Mobile detailing.

This is a "real" 1967 A.C. Cobra with the original 427 engine.

Here's what the inside looked like before I put shelving in to hold products... that's my son Rand playing in the Milk Truck, some of his first words were,

Feel the power!

He would say this when the traffic lights would turn green... that was my que to floor it.

There's a bench seat towards the front and right in front of it is a bucket seat right in the center and up high and that's where he sat. Then when I needed to haul more people I would take his bucket seat out and people could sit in the bench seat.

This shot was taken right after I buffed it out the first time, it had single stage paint and in some places it was almost white with oxidation. You can also see one of the 1959 Cadillacs I owned in the picture, this was a 4-door Flattop, in mint condition. It had less than 60,000 miles on it when I bought, garage kept all of it's life.

Car show in Lebanon, Oregon

This gives you an idea of what the interior looked like... I took this when I was looking at it to buy... thus the For Sale sign in the window...

My neighbors loved me... this was my front driveway in Albany, Oregon... The poles you see are an 18" tall A-Frame Engine puller that I could pick up a 1959 Cadillac up on end if I wanted to steam clean the underneath of the car. LOL

In this picture I just finished installing a 468 Big Block Chevy and fired it up and now I'm putting the front clip of the car back together. I'm using the 1959 Flattop to figure out where all the pieces went.

You can see the Milk Truck out in the road as there wasn't any room in the driveway without blocking off the sidewalk.

Behind me from where I'm taking the picture is a 1960 Flattop and in the garage is a 1960 4-door Sedan de Ville

This is my best friend Brian's 1956 Cream Puff T-Bird next to the 59 Flattop...

This is the 1960 Sedan de Ville after the firewall was painted with a basecoat/clearcoat finish in Firemist Mauve or something like that, it was a metallic finish. Beside it is the 1959 that I put the 468 Big Block into... big caddies kind of fill up a garage without too much trouble...

1960 Cadillac 4-Door Sedan Deville

Here's the Milk Truck with a 1950 Studebaker Starlight Coupe with a Carson Top at the GoodGuys Show in Puyallup, Washington in about 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1966 Chevy Milk Truck

Love the truck - very unique!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice thread. You have had some really cool cars huh? I really enjoyed looking. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

That Studebaker is sweet!!!

The truck is just down right cool

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, maybe someday you can get her back.

I miss driving my '64 C-10

Money and time to fix it, mostly money!
    Aaron's the name!
    Live long and prosper Leonard Nimoy

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Munich77 View Post
    Love the truck - very unique!
    It was fun to cruise in and my DAILY DRIVER for three years with a 396 Big Block Chevy engine with a mild cam. The truck got it on!

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post

Nice thread. You have had some really cool cars huh? I really enjoyed looking. Thanks
    I've had a few cool cars, most everything with a BBC. Getting closer with my current project and it's going to be big and bad to the bone...

Quote Originally Posted by Nappers View Post

Very nice, maybe someday you can get her back.
    Maybe. I know where it's at and the guy I sold it to hasn't done anything to it since buying it from me...