autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 43838485868788899091929394 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw my first I5N yesterday, a matte orange one, really stood out on the roadCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous Can you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ridiculous Can you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a Hyundai
    Yeah, I don't know what the "limited quantity" is that's coming to the US, but I guess this is to be expected, just like the dealers used to mark up the Indy pace-car replicas. That protection package isn't the worst I've seen, I remember seeing an Elantra or Sonata a dozen years ago with a $750 package that was just some tape pinstripes and the roll push-on door-edge molding.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Hyundai dealer does have that orange I5N out front and it's plugged in ready to goCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what the "limited quantity" is that's coming to the US, but I guess this is to be expected, just like the dealers used to mark up the Indy pace-car replicas. That protection package isn't the worst I've seen, I remember seeing an Elantra or Sonata a dozen years ago with a $750 package that was just some tape pinstripes and the roll push-on door-edge molding.
    The package isn't the worst as a whole, but their itemized list is pretty laughable. $299 for nitrogen in the tires and green valve stem caps? Costco will do it for free when you buy tires from them. I also highly doubt the wheel locks are $299, even the grossly overpriced OEM ones sold at the dealer parts department

The sad part is this is becoming standard practice for any vehicle with customer demand. Even the mundane stuff. Walk in to any Toyota dealer and Tacoma's and Four Runners have been marked up for 4~5 years and probably won't let up anytime soon since the new generation is coming. BRZ's and GT86's are still seeing mark-ups (mostly in the western US) even though they're headed for their third model year. Kia Teluride; same, but I think that is starting to cool now. You want a Civic SI or Type R? Slim to no chance you'll find one at MSRP.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The package isn't the worst as a whole, but their itemized list is pretty laughable. $299 for nitrogen in the tires and green valve stem caps? Costco will do it for free when you buy tires from them. I also highly doubt the wheel locks are $299, even the grossly overpriced OEM ones sold at the dealer parts department
    I guess I skimmed over that, I didn't get that "nitro and caps" was what you note, I thought it was some other "mod con" that I was unfamiliar with. That and the wheel locks are pretty bad, as you say--I was giving them the benefit of the doubt for at least doing window tint, that takes some time.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I skimmed over that, I didn't get that "nitro and caps" was what you note, I thought it was some other "mod con" that I was unfamiliar with. That and the wheel locks are pretty bad, as you say--I was giving them the benefit of the doubt for at least doing window tint, that takes some time.
    I don't know, IMO the $2K for maybe $200 worth of marginal add-ons kind of pales next to the $25K dealer markup.

13. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same on the window tint. I haven't had a car tinted in a long time and don't know what the going rate is these days.

As for the door edge guards and cup protection, I found rolls of the stuff on Amazon for less than $20 each. Since I was curious, I looked up Hyundai OEM wheel locks too. Retail appears to be around $45 depending on the location.

Permaplate's web site says they offer both interior and exterior protection products. Sounds like the exterior is some sort of sealant or coating and the interior is a fabric/upholstery protectant. The usual stuff dealers try to pawn off on unsuspecting customers.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 43838485868788899091929394 LastLast