autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    It will take time, but people still don't equate Hyundai and Kia with performance. Both brands have built their reputation on sensible, affordable vehicles.

I think if both brands actually marketed the N/GT brand cars it would help. I don't think I've ever seen an ad for an N'd car.

Getting into Motorsports would help too. On any given weekend you'll see Mazda's, BMW Ms, Mercedes AMG's, Mustangs, Vettes, Lexus, Toyota, and Porsches in all manner of race series. Audi and Subaru were some of the founders of modern rally racing and people still remember that even though they don't participate any more. The only place I've seen a Hyundai race is in IMSA's feeder series with GT4 cars.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    It is likely due to my time at a dealer when I was there but when I think "Kia" I still think about techs taking warm parafine wax and pumping it into Sportage subframes so they didn't rot out in two winters. If the wax oozed out of a few areas it was too late lol. That was many years ago, but some things just stick with ya.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize they were still in it! Glad to hear it.

When many of the factory teams like Subaru, Peugeot, Ford, Skoda, and Citroen all pulled out I haven't followed WRC very closely. That and coverage isn't like it used to be.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    It got farily boring watching VW win so much a few years back. Even I, a VW guy, got bored with it. Those Fins sure can drive....
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    It is likely due to my time at a dealer when I was there but when I think "Kia" I still think about techs taking warm parafine wax and pumping it into Sportage subframes so they didn't rot out in two winters. If the wax oozed out of a few areas it was too late lol. That was many years ago, but some things just stick with ya.
    Yikes! That's no good. My only experience with Kia's have been rental cars. The only ones I can remember are Soul's if that tells you something. I actually have a quite favorable view of the Soul. It drives surprisingly well and I can see it filling the niche left behind when Honda quit building the Fit. The Kia dealership experience still keeps me from recommending it to anyone.

It got farily boring watching VW win so much a few years back. Even I, a VW guy, got bored with it. Those Fins sure can drive....
    I cut my teeth watching it in the early 2000's when I lived in the UK and could watch events live on TV. Those were the days of Carlos Sainz, Colin McRae, and Markus Gronholm. The Subaru/Peugot/Citroen rivalry was fantastic to watch.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Hyundai/Kia have learned something about how much salt/brine we use here in the US in the last 10 years, because I can say based on my conversations with owners that they didn't learn anything in the 10 years before that. But I have found Asian brands in general to be less resistant than the domestic brands. Whether it's just for weight or corrosion or both, I've seen GM using plenty of aluminum in those structural applications.

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't sure where to post this, but hey there's a Hyundai in this, and it's fast, but is it fast enough. I don't know if you get the Cupra brand in the US, but it's another VW Group brand.

HOT hatch drag race: GR Corolla v Civic Type R v i30 N v Leon VZx. Forward AND reverse race! - YouTube

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly Hyunai doesn't give us the i30 N here in the US an SEAT/Cupra aren't sold here either.

I had no idea SEAT rebranded Cupra into it's own line of cars. I had to look it up. SEATs always caught me eye when I leved in Europe. They were the sporty, cool VW's in the UK.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly Hyunai doesn't give us the i30 N here in the US an SEAT/Cupra aren't sold here either.

I had no idea SEAT rebranded Cupra into it's own line of cars. I had to look it up. SEATs always caught me eye when I leved in Europe. They were the sporty, cool VW's in the UK.
    The Cupras are still rare enough that when I see one on the road I do a double take. I do like the look of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    The Cupras are still rare enough that when I see one on the road I do a double take. I do like the look of them.

Last summer I actually did see a Cupra, it had plates on it from Mexico and I too did a double take Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll just leave this here. A bit worrying when the drivers display bounces with axle tramp.

2024 Hyundai i30 Sedan N (inc. 0-100 & braking) review: This is the BEST affordable hot sedan! - YouTube

Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293 LastLast