autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I watched this and for three life of me couldn't figure out why the F they call this car a compact? This show has been on the air for 35 years so I'm sure they know what a compact IS and more importantly here, ISNT!! In case they (MW) see this, the Civic, Elantra, Corolla, etc ARE compacts!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I like the Motorweek podcast, but their TV show has never done it for me. It really soft-pedals some vehicles.

They are probably going strictly by the EPA classification of vehicle catagories vs. the classification a common person might think. The car is 8 inches shorter than a Camry (which is considered a mid-size), has less back seet room and roughly 5 cubic feet less trunks space, so it might still be classified as a compact. The EPA classifications are really strange. They aren't available for sale in my area yet, so I haven't seen one in person to form an opinion.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

to add to post #553 - awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that Matt Farrah's million mile LexusCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I think that is the first Elantra I've ever seen with a bull-bar on the front!

Granted the woman is a delivery driver in Kansas driving 200K a year. That is a lot of exposure to deer, antelope, turkeys, buzzards, and other large critters and probably a good option.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been in the automotive industry ever since I was right out of college, retired from corp BMW after 30 years. The whole industry right now is scared of the Korean auto industry. To put simply, the Korean auto industry is hungry like the Japanese were in the 70s and 80s. And they have huge backup by the Korean government.With longer warranties, better build quality, and huge innovation. Kia/Hyundai has just recently hired a huge amount of people from BMW including a few of their M executives/engineers, and that's why we get the Kia stinger. My next car will be a Kona, Because it's got 40 more horsepower than most of the other mini SUVs, at less money. In a conversation I had with Roger Penske about three years ago, he told me that the next big thing are the Koreans… And it's proving to be right. Hyundai Is right now is the most sought after franchise by national dealer chains , like Penske, Sonic, Autonation, and Group One.

And the chinese are coming this way too, soon......
    Last edited by Bobby B.; 12-26-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: profanity
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I've driven numerous Hyundai's and Kia's over the last few years. The designs inside and out are a little boring, but very functional and unoffensive while the fit/finish to be excellent. I was much happier and comfortable in them than I was in their domestic competitors. The infotainment systems were excellent as well and I really like the system as it's implemented in the Kia's.

All that said, my one concern is the choice of materials on the interior. The plastics seemed thinner and cheaper and some of the seating surfaces seemed a little cheap as well. Kia was a worse offender than Hyundai, which makes sense considering the price point of the vehicles. However, I couldn't help but wonder how those materials would hold up over time. What will the look like in 10 years and 100K miles?

I think the Chinese will be where the Korean's were in the early 80's. They will be cheap vehicles with tons of quality issues. The German organization ADAC has crash-tested some Chinese cars to see if they will be allowed in German roads and the results weren't pretty. If they want to expand on the global market, they'll have to step up their game like the Koreans did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I've been in the automotive industry ever since I was right out of college, retired from corp BMW after 30 years. The whole industry right now is scared shitless of the Korean auto industry. To put simply, the Korean auto industry is hungry like the Japanese were in the 70s and 80s. And they have huge backup by the Korean government.With longer warranties, better build quality, and huge innovation. Kia/Hyundai has just recently hired a huge amount of people from BMW including a few of their M executives/engineers, and that's why we get the Kia stinger. My next car will be a Kona, Because it's got 40 more horsepower than most of the other mini SUVs, at less money. In a conversation I had with Roger Penske about three years ago, he told me that the next big thing are the Koreans… And it's proving to be right. Hyundai Is right now is the most sought after franchise by national dealer chains , like Penske, Sonic, Autonation, and Group One.

And the chinese are coming this way too, soon......
    it doesn't just stop at automobiles. in electronics Samsung/LG (sorta like Hyundai/Kia) both spend so much money (got to have/make lots of money in order to advance and keep growing) on R&D and advertising (sports for example) to name a few things. if i'm not mistaken, either Samsung and/or LG work with Hyundai/Kia to help develop the speedometer/infotainment and other electrical aspects of their vehicles as well. i remember way back when when people made fun/laughed at them, look at them now. remember when panasonic and sony were all the rage? even though these videos are a few years old, they are pretty interesting and give you an idea on how big they really are...

btw, the tallest building in the world was built by Hyundai..

Burj Khalifa, United Arab Emirates - 2,717 Feet

Samsung E&C built the Burj Khalifa in 2011. The building is listed as the tallest building in the world in the Guinness Book of Records. (photo courtesy of Samsung E&C)

http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Busin...ticleId=120022

to give you an idea how tall the Burj Khalifa, United Arab Emirates is, you can stack the Statue of Liberty (151 ft)
    18 times on top of each other!

Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast