autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Post Thanks / Like

As Cadillac and Lincoln decide to pull out of the full size lux car arena the Genesis G90 doubles down, its amazing!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    As Cadillac and Lincoln decide to pull out of the full size lux car arena the Genesis G90 doubles down, its amazing!

They’ve bearly sold a little over 2,000 Genesis G90’s this year, what are you talking about? Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen the new one? It's a new brand, it's going to take time but with NO Cadillac cars soon, NO Continental soon and the 300 going away as well, Genesis will just slide right in there. Btw, these Genesis cars are RWD, full sized, just the way people like em'.

5. Likes grisby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife was in the market for a small SUV last month and after looking and test driving every brand she ended up with the newly redesigned Forester. The Santa Fe was on the list but to be honest it wss one of the worst for fit and finish out of all even including domestic. One of the door panels was bowed and several other panels were not lined up. The materials also felt cheaper. This wasn't on just one vehicle as we looked as several on the lot. It wasn't a bad looking SUV but it was not as well laid out as some of the others for us and it was more money with the same features as the Subaru. The Subaru also has a much better resale and our dealer gives a lifetime warranty on the drivetrain.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen the new one? It's a new brand, it's going to take time but with NO Cadillac cars soon, NO Continental soon and the 300 going away as well, Genesis will just slide right in there. Btw, these Genesis cars are RWD, full sized, just the way people like em'.

CTS, ATS, 1 more year of the XTS and CT6, and there’s likely to be a new Cadillac full sized car coming in 2020 to replace the XTS & CT6... Remember, they’ve been hyping the Escala, and if they decide to produce that car it’ll smash the competition.

Post Thanks / Like

You can get the G90 in AWD as well. My in-laws have a fully loaded 2017. My mother in-law drove Lincon Town Cars for decades, but after seeing Ford's quality erode and a long term dealership relationship go south, she left for Genesis and loves it. She had the first gen Equus and now the G90. She likes them more each year and will never go back. Before the Genesis she also looked at Caddy and the 300 and REALLY didn't like either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    CTS, ATS, 1 more year of the XTS and CT6, and there’s likely to be a new Cadillac full sized car coming in 2020 to replace the XTS & CT6... Remember, they’ve been hyping the Escala, and if they decide to produce that car it’ll smash the competition.
    I think Caddy is only second to Subaru when it comes to displaying breathtakingly beautiful concept cars like the Escala, Ciel, and Elmiraj (who names these things?!), and then never delivering anything close to those designs.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the CT6 or a replacement since they are killing production now. The market for large luxury sedans is dying as SUVs/CUV's take over, sad to say. There simply is no money in it in the US for companies to build one. Genisis and Lexus sell very small numbers of their large sedans, and I'd bet Audi, BMW, and Mercedes sell in really small numbers in the US as well relative to the rest of their line.

The ATS/CTS will be replaced and the test mules have been seen on the road and on a track, but nothing as large as a CT6, so there is at least a little hope Caddy will still build proper cars. I just hope they step up in interior quality with the next generation. I've driven an XTS for a few days and spent a lot of time looking at the CTS and the ATS as I was in the hunt for an ATS-V for a while. The marginal fit and finish, a guage cluster that looks like it was pulled straight from my old '93 Grand Am, and other interior bits from the Malibu parts bin didn't help.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BAM^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    You can get the G90 in AWD as well. My in-laws have a fully loaded 2017. My mother in-law drove Lincon Town Cars for decades, but after seeing Ford's quality erode and a long term dealership relationship go south, she left for Genesis and loves it. She had the first gen Equus and now the G90. She likes them more each year and will never go back. Before the Genesis she also looked at Caddy and the 300 and REALLY didn't like either one.

I think Caddy is only second to Subaru when it comes to displaying breathtakingly beautiful concept cars like the Escala, Ciel, and Elmiraj (who names these things?!), and then never delivering anything close to those designs.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the CT6 or a replacement since they are killing production now.
    I think those names are alot better than the 3 letter names that mean nothing...

As far as the XT5 & CT6, they will make them both for 2019 and they’re also releasing a brand new CT6V for 2019 even with this latest news of discontinuing those 2 base models. I think they’re going to do away with those 2 good yet not great cars and replace them with 1 great car where they don’t hold back the way they’ve had for the past 15yrs. I think the Escala has the best shot of making it into production of any concept car they’ve ever shown.

They’re going to kill the ATS [IMO they never should’ve made it in the 1st place] but I don’t see them killing the CTS, especially with the CTSV having a pretty solid reputation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I think those names are alot better than the 3 letter names that mean nothing...
    So very true. Caddy has a host of great names from it's past. I don't get why they don't use those rather than making up words with no meaning.

As far as the XT5 & CT6, they will make them both for 2019 and they’re also releasing a brand new CT6V for 2019 even with this latest news of discontinuing those 2 base models. I think they’re going to do away with those 2 good yet not great cars and replace them with 1 great car where they don’t hold back the way they’ve had for the past 15yrs. I think the Escala has the best shot of making it into production of any concept car they’ve ever shown.

They’re going to kill the ATS [IMO they never should’ve made it in the 1st place] but I don’t see them killing the CTS, especially with the CTSV having a pretty solid reputation.
    I've not seen anything that projects the CT6 or any full size sedan beyond the 2019 model year (production ends June 1st) and the CT6-V may be the "swan song" for that car. It will go out with a V8-powered blaze of glory. The XTS should have been given a Viking burial years ago....

The CTS and ATS are both going away. This news has been out for a couple of years. (Cadillac ATS, CTS and XTS will be discontinued in favor of crossovers and SUVs and other media sources) Both of those cars will be replaced by a car rumored to be called the CT5. That vehicle has been seen testing on the road and is supposedly sized between the two cars it replaces. There is also rumor of a CT4 which will compete with the Audi A2 and Mercedes A-Class, but nothing has been spotted so far.

The ATS was always the size of sedan I liked since the current CTS was just too big. However, there were a few things which kept me away which that amazing suspension and a huge bellowing V8 in the ATS-V couldn't overcome. I had no interest in the 4-cyclinder models.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast