autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 46 of 93 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    People aka consumers don't "need" to do anything... It's their hard earned money they're spending. Money they earned spending countless hours working hard for. And you think they're going to be told what they "need" to do when it comes time to spending their money? No way.

It's up to Kia, Hyundai, and anyone else who wants to compete and be part of a higher bracket to prove themselves. Not only by building high quality vehicles, but also by hiring the right people, people with a damn pulse to what it takes to breakthrough and make everyone take notice!

People must be innovative and bring great new ideas and that includes having enough creativity in their brains to simply think of a freaking name for these new cars, which these days it's clear they cannot do.

You can't make people do anything. Nor can you put an ounce of blame on them for spending their money on what they desire. Blame Hyundai for not giving them anything exciting or worthy of desiring! It's Kias fault for not having a clue how to market their brand. That's what happens when CEO's hire their lazy nephews to make important decisions. Crap trickles down...
    dude, where you been. hyundai/kia hired pete shreyer (audi) years ago and after he retires ex-bentley/vw/lamborghini designer (luc donckerwolke) is going to take over (23 year vw career included audi r8 le mans, lmborghini murcielago and gallardo). they also hired chief engineer albert biermann of bmw's M division to improve ride and handling and so forth. don't know about you, but that's three gentleman with a resume like no other. your missing the point, and that is to not be close minded and think they are the same cars they were when they first started (no one is saying you have to buy one). yes, anyone who makes their own money can spend it the way they want. these days people are spending it more wisely...

Post Thanks / Like

People aka consumers don't "need" to do anything... It's their hard earned money they're spending. Money they earned spending countless hours working hard for. And you think they're going to be told what they "need" to do when it comes time to spending their money? No way.

It's up to Kia, Hyundai, and anyone else who wants to compete and be part of a higher bracket to prove themselves. Not only by building high quality vehicles, but also by hiring the right people, people with a damn pulse to what it takes to breakthrough and make everyone take notice!

People must be innovative and bring great new ideas and that includes having enough creativity in their brains to simply think of a freaking name for these new cars, which these days it's clear they cannot do.

You can't make people do anything. Nor can you put an ounce of blame on them for spending their money on what they desire. Blame Hyundai for not giving them anything exciting or worthy of desiring! It's Kias fault for not having a clue how to market their brand. That's what happens when CEO's hire their lazy nephews to make important decisions. Crap trickles down...
    E2K test drive the two vehicles, then share with us the money vs ride comparision. Inquiring minds want to know.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Now This is how you market your brand for success.
    I'll never forget the moment. 2004 Superbowl, I could be wrong on the year but it was the time when the Patriots beat the Eagles..

The very 1st commercial to come on once the game officially started was this outstanding Cadillac commercial. I was at a jam packed bar full of excited people, and as soon as the 1st commercial came on everyone was curious what it would be and once the music and the great cars hit the TVs every single person was glued to the screen in silence. At the end everyone had a certain look on their face like damn those cars look great and that commercial was spot on. I was damn proud, I ain't gonna lie I'll never forget that moment.

Here's the commercial I'm talking about. 20 posts into the comments you'll find a person [its not me] mention its debut during the Superbowl.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rGfZ-M-nW4s

Would Kia or Hyundai have the idea let alone the balls to make this kind of memorable impact? I haven't seen even a slight hint of it. That's 1 of the reasons they've yet to make any sort of impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    dude, where you been. hyundai/kia hired pete shreyer (audi) years ago and after he retires ex-bentley/vw/lamborghini designer is going to take over. they also hired chief engineer albert biermann of bmw's M division to improve ride and handling and so forth. don't know about you, but that's three gentleman with a resume like no other. your missing the point, and that is to not be close minded and think they are the same cars they were when they first started. yes, anyone who makes their own money can spend it the way they want. these days people are spending it more wisely...
    I'm sorry but how many people even know who that is? I've honestly never heard of him. And just to give you an example... I've asked chicks I've dated if they've ever heard of Meguiars, they usually say no. Then I ask them how about Mothers? Half say yes, then if they haven't even heard of Mothers I'll say Armor All? I've never met a chick or non interested person who hasn't heard of Armor All. It's what's known that drives sales, no 1 gives a crap about that guy if only a handfull of dedicated fans are going to be the customers.

You could have Bart Simpson be the spokesman for Kia, he sure as heck will be 1000 times more recognizable than that man.

And it's actually true, Kia had a little run of success with the Rats making Kia Soul commercials. People were buying Kia Soul because of those Rats in the commercials.

5. Dislikes custmsprty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but how many people even know who that is? I've honestly never heard of him. And just to give you an example... I've asked chicks I've dated if they've ever heard of Meguiars, they usually say no. Then I ask them how about Mothers? Half say yes, then if they haven't even heard of Mothers I'll say Armor All? I've never met a chick or non interested person who hasn't heard of Armor All. It's what's known that drives sales, no 1 gives a crap about that guy if only a handfull of dedicated fans are going to be the customers.

You could have Bart Simpson be the spokesman for Kia, he sure as heck will be 1000 times more recognizable than that man.

And it's actually true, Kia had a little run of success with the Rats making Kia Soul commercials. People were buying Kia Soul because of those Rats in the commercials.
    so just because somebody doesn't know who these gentleman are their remarkable work is not valid? google these guys and you'll see some info on them. btw, the Kia hamster is "memorable". the Soul is a top seller while the scion xb and nissan cube are gone as well as any other car in that segment. many that i have talk to who have the Soul absolutely love it. anyways, you obviously are not getting the point and not making sense man...

Post Thanks / Like

so just because somebody doesn't know who these gentleman are there work is not valid? google these guys and you'll see some info on them. btw, the Kia hamster is "memorable" and that's why it's a top seller and the scion xb and nissan cube are gone as well as any other car in that segment. you obviously are not getting the point...
    Was that whole comment sarcasm? Please clarify, because I actually do know the Nissan Cube is no longer, I believe the XB is gone as well.. Is the Kia Soul still being made? If so, I don't get your sarcasm..

And yes, those men of great contribution to the world of automobiles could be absolutely worthless if put into a spot where no one knows or cares what they've done in the past.

Remember how it went for Phil Jackson once he took over all basketball operations of the New York Knicks? This is Phil freakin Jackson and the great NY Knicks at Madison Square Garden OMG watch out here comes the automatic Championships.... Actually no. No one gave a rip. No 1 came to play there, because it wasn't the same even if a great man was in charge. Times change and new people do not care. It's the Truth.

Post Thanks / Like

Are any previous Bentley owners lining up to pre order a Kia K-9? Or letting it be known they bought a new Hyundai? Obviously not, because I've yet to see even a spark of actual interest or any of those vehicles on the road.

Post Thanks / Like

moving along...

Post Thanks / Like

dude, where you been. hyundai/kia hired pete shreyer (audi) years ago and after he retires ex-bentley/vw/lamborghini designer (luc donckerwolke) is going to take over (23 year vw career included audi r8 le mans, lmborghini murcielago and gallardo). they also hired chief engineer albert biermann of bmw's M division to improve ride and handling and so forth. don't know about you, but that's three gentleman with a resume like no other. your missing the point, and that is to not be close minded and think they are the same cars they were when they first started these days people are spending it more wisely...
    I'll say this, history repeats itself. This "hard work" and great craftsmanship has been put together by many failed auto makers.. Now without having to go back to the 1930's, I'll provide you with an example that fits in line with the hard work and craftsmanship that you speak of in these new Kia/Hyundais.

This is stock footage from the 1960's made by Imperial, intended for their salesmen and its quite interesting because even I'm not to proud to admit that on paper they make alot of good points, and while it's my own opinion that the actual looks of the Imperial luxury car were quite ugly and that could've contributed to its demise, on paper it had every reason to beat both Lincoln and Cadillac.

But even with all that hard work behind the scenes by dedicated minds, in the end it meant nothing because they couldn't find a way to break through and connect with the mass consumer and thrill them into buying their car vs. Lincoln & Caddy.

I've watched this video many times... After the 1st time I turned to my friend and asked him, "now what did we just learn from that"? I think you'll come to the same conclusion once you watch it. I think it's an interesting view that every car guy will like.

History repeats itself. Watch this vid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eS-Eii5JMUU

Post Thanks / Like

The US car scene is a much different of demand than Asia. So where the EU for them but now they are getting impresive amount of cars sold here. And Hyundai/Kia is sold to alot of people over here and that I think have to do with people likes the cars. It's not the best car but for economics it fit many. Now I have a Kia but it's not just for the brand but what I thought suited me when I bought it. Had it been a Cadillac emblem on I would had bought it also. I have been all over the place with car brands I have own. You buy what suits your bill and what you will have for specs in a car.
    Think they are targeting the regualar people and not the enthusiasts. And they have been spot on in Sweden where I live. They top charts of most sold cars at the moment. That is not something that just happens on a coincidense. IMO they are good at makeing cars that the most of the people want as they dd.
    Are they gonna succeed in the US donno. They have done it in Asia and EU so far in a very short time. Are they for everyone? No and what brand is that. The time will tell if they find what is working in the US market.

Page 46 of 93 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast