autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 28 of 95 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Midnight, now I know why the car looks soooo good, Griot's, been using their products since 2005, quality throught the product line! Love the way the seats look, wish I had leather seats, oh well I can condition my steering wheel, shiftknob and future shiftboot w/ my Griot's leather products!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    Actually, the Croftgate Products have taken my car to the next level!

Midnight Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard people mention that brand from time to time here, either way keep up the good work on the car. Btw with the miles have you had the transmission fluid serviced?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Prior to her owning the Mini Cooper S she had a Toyota Rav 4 which she had driven the same way and never had any mechanical issues with that vehicle. The Service Dept. at the Mini dealership told her that driving the car like she was doing, driving it a mile or so and then shutting it off before it thoroughly warmed up, was causing her mechanical problems. Their advise was to drive the car longer distances so as to run the car at it's normal operating temperatures to avoid further problems. For what it is worth she decided to drive the car to work twice a week, about 25 miles each way, and the engine issues stopped. Even I had mentioned to her that it wasn't good for the car to start it cold, drive a mile and turn it off, and repeat this process in the afternoon after she got off the subway to go back home.

Unlike the Toyota, the Mini Cooper S is considered a performance car and needed to be driven longer distances to avoid these issues.

Here are some photos of her new Hyundai Veloster.

Midnight Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    nice, and even the turbo as well. out of the wheels i've seen on the velosters, i like those the best...
    Awesome car, and awesome wheels too, love them!

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I like the style/size of the Veloster turbo wheels but could probably do w/o the chrome inserts, but that's just me.

On a side note watched Fifth Gear last week and they had the Kia Pro Cee'd GT on there and its an awesome hot hatch, based on the numbers it looks like it has the Veloster turbo's engine, maybe that car will come here too, especially with hot hatches picking up steam here once again, except that one isn't going to cost close to $30K!

Post Thanks / Like

In answer to your question Klasse Act, I have had the transmission serviced. Later I will also be getting a complete tune up from our Club President, an ASE Master Mechanic, who has a full garage behind his house. I will also be looking at at a Cold Air Intake System too.

I'm not into racing the car as it is mostly for daily transportation, cruises and car shows.

Midnight Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of a CAI I suggest a K&N Typhoon system, which is a short ram intake, no chance of taking in water with a SRI. Not only that but the quality and fit and finish is second to none!

How dirty was the trans fluid? Was it a complete exchange or just the filter and gasket?

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of a CAI I suggest a K&N Typhoon system, which is a short ram intake, no chance of taking in water with a SRI. Not only that but the quality and fit and finish is second to none!

How dirty was the trans fluid? Was it a complete exchange or just the filter and gasket?

It's kind of weird that Ford did not include a dip stick to check on the transmission fluid. The dealer told me that he checked it when he bought the car but nevertheless I took it to my local repair shop and had a complete BG Transmission Service done. The BG Transmission Service completely drains all of the old trans fluid out, flushes the system with a cleaner and than refills the transmission with new fluid. It also includes a new filter and gasket and is good for 30,000 miles.

My friend will also be recharging my AC system as the air conditioning is cool but not really cold anymore. Mechanically the car has been taken care of by it's previous owner so I'm just doing a lot of preventive maintenance to keep the car running and looking like new.

I plan on keeping this car for a long time and many of the Mustang Forums I look at indicate that the 4.6 V8 is good for over 300,000 or more with proper care and maintenance. At this point I'll probably be driving about 7,500 miles a year as I no longer need the car to commute or use for business travel.

Midnight Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It's kind of weird that Ford did not include a dip stick to check on the transmission fluid. The dealer told me that he checked it when he bought the car but nevertheless I took it to my local repair shop and had a complete BG Transmission Service done. The BG Transmission Service completely drains all of the old trans fluid out, flushes the system with a cleaner and than refills the transmission with new fluid. It also includes a new filter and gasket and is good for 30,000 miles.

My friend will also be recharging my AC system as the air conditioning is cool but not really cold anymore. Mechanically the car has been taken care of by it's previous owner so I'm just doing a lot of preventive maintenance to keep the car running and looking like new.

I plan on keeping this car for a long time and many of the Mustang Forums I look at indicate that the 4.6 V8 is good for over 300,000 or more with proper care and maintenance. At this point I'll probably be driving about 7,500 miles a year as I no longer need the car to commute or use for business travel.

Midnight Blue
    I had a 2003 jaguar s-type that didn't have a trans dip stick. It started slipping and I found out the hard way there was no dip stuck after buying some Lucas trans stop slip. Crappy thing was it took some weird type of fluid that jaguar charged $70 a quart for. Needless to say trans never got serviced and I sold the turd shortly after I made this discovery.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Midnight Blue, even though this is a forum and you don't get to meet people face to face I had a feeling you were going to say the trans was serviced like that, just how original and spotless it looked lead to believe this. The BG service is the way to go for sure. My wife got her 07' Mazda 6 3 yrs ago w/30k on the clock, it now has 92K and we've done about 4 services on the trans, usually when my buddy changes the oil we pull the plug and drain out 3 quarts and then top off with Mazda trans fluid. The trans shifts good still but when it hits 100K we're going to find a BG service shop in the area and have it done. I asume they hook up the machine to the lines and it sucks out the old fluid and then adds new fluid?

Post Thanks / Like

Midnight Blue, even though this is a forum and you don't get to meet people face to face I had a feeling you were going to say the trans was serviced like that, just how original and spotless it looked lead to believe this. The BG service is the way to go for sure. My wife got her 07' Mazda 6 3 yrs ago w/30k on the clock, it now has 92K and we've done about 4 services on the trans, usually when my buddy changes the oil we pull the plug and drain out 3 quarts and then top off with Mazda trans fluid. The trans shifts good still but when it hits 100K we're going to find a BG service shop in the area and have it done. I asume they hook up the machine to the lines and it sucks out the old fluid and then adds new fluid?

That's exactly what happens Klasse Act with a BG Service. They do hook up the trans to a machine that drains all of the old fluid out of the trans. Then they cycle through a cleaner to the trans an finally refill the trans with new fluid.

We recently had this same trans service done to my wife's Hyundai Sonata too.

Today I went to my friends garage and had my Mustang Plenum Cover installed, a custom fitted bug deflector installed on the front of my aluminum hood and had my air conditioner recharged. I will take some photos tomorrow and post them soon.

Throughout my sales and marketing career I regularly put well over 100,000 miles on my vehicles be they cars or SUVs. I practiced preventive maintenance and these vehicles appeared to have half of the mileage shown. My Mustang GT was obviously serviced regularly as the person who owned it depended on this vehicle to be as reliable as possible. Thus, in my experience, this explains the excellent condition. There were a group of guys hanging around the garage as we are all in the same Mustang Club and they were in awe of the appearance of my engine. My car is a daily driver but also a driven show car.

Midnight Blue

Page 28 of 95 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast