autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 26 of 95 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    ^ time will tell...

btw, my next ride will be a Hyundai genesis coupe 2.0T...
    Not so fast, Sir... There are rumors that the 2015 Genesis Coupe will be offered as a 3.0L V6 Turbo or a 5.0L v8. Those are just rumors however..

I had the 2011 2.0T and traded it in for a 2013 V6. I liked both, but the power in the v6 is amazing.

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    Not so fast, Sir... There are rumors that the 2015 Genesis Coupe will be offered as a 3.0L V6 Turbo or a 5.0L v8. Those are just rumors however..

I had the 2011 2.0T and traded it in for a 2013 V6. I liked both, but the power in the v6 is amazing.
    we'll see what options are available at the time...

Post Thanks / Like

Autoweek magazine's January 20 issue has a report on the Genesis (sedan) and it said the next Genesis will offer the same 3.8 liter 333-hp V6 plus a 5.0 liter 429-hp V8 (which I think is rear wheel drive only). Even better is the ZF Shiftronic tranny they are positioning aft of the engine itself. My ML350 is pretty smooth in seven speed but the Shiftronic's 8 speed should be smooth as silk.

There will be an optional HTRAC (Hyundai Traction) all wheel drive but which engine(s) get it is unknown at this time. This sounds great in that HTRAC transfers torque to the front wheels via an electronically controlled clutch. I think that is what my 4-matic does but in a different way. Mine is an automatic selection as to torque transfer but the HTRAC I believe will control torque via the driver selected mode, such as eco, snow and sport modes. Each delivering different torque to various wheels based on the selected mode ratios, each of which is different. I must admit, they do have a lot of interesting goodies on this car!

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR8c2gM5gig]Chief Designer Tom Kearns on the Kia GT4 Stinger concept - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xj0pY9KWw]2015 Hyundai Sonata SNEAK PREVIEW @ New York Auto Show with Peter Schreyer - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter recently traded in her 2010 Mini Cooper S for a 2014 Hyundai Veloster. We saw the Veloster at the Motor Trend Car show in Baltimore in February. She fell in love with this car and bought one in March.

This is a sporty looking, economical pocket rocket! It has a turbocharged engine and every hi-tech toy you could want built into the car including a neat back up camera.

My wife has a 2011 Hyundai Sonata which she loves as well. Me, I'm a Ford Mustang man!

Midnight Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    My daughter recently traded in her 2010 Mini Cooper S for a 2014 Hyundai Veloster. We saw the Veloster at the Motor Trend Car show in Baltimore in February. She fell in love with this car and bought one in March.

This is a sporty looking, economical pocket rocket! It has a turbocharged engine and every hi-tech toy you could want built into the car including a neat back up camera.

My wife has a 2011 Hyundai Sonata which she loves as well. Me, I'm a Ford Mustang man!

Midnight Blue
    ....and MUCH MORE RELIABLE TOO!

Congrats to her, sweet ride!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ....and MUCH MORE RELIABLE TOO!

Congrats to her, sweet ride!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Reliability was a major concern for my daughter. While her Mini Cooper S only had 23,000 miles on it she had numerous mechanical and electrical issues with this car. Fortunately for her all of these issues were covered under her warranty but she never felt completely confident in driving this car.

The other major consideration for buying the Hyundai Veloster is that she can use 87 octane gas versus the required 93 octane gas with her Mini.

I also need to update my avatar as I now own and drive a 2006 Mustang GT!

Midnight Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Reliability was a major concern for my daughter. While her Mini Cooper S only had 23,000 miles on it she had numerous mechanical and electrical issues with this car. Fortunately for her all of these issues were covered under her warranty but she never felt completely confident in driving this car.

The other major consideration for buying the Hyundai Veloster is that she can use 87 octane gas versus the required 93 octane gas with her Mini.

I also need to update my avatar as I now own and drive a 2006 Mustang GT!

Midnight Blue
    I had an 07' R56 and it had nothing but trouble in 62k:

-3 aux fuel pumps
    -1 bad fuel injector
    -1 bad timing chain
    -1 bad MAF
    -numerous frozen intakes

The use of prem vs. regular is no big deal, its .40 cents more a gallon here, so in the MINI that ends up being an extra $4.00 on a completely empty tank, really not an issue for the performance you get. Is the Veloster the turbo version?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Although its nice i couldnt get one. When i bought and sold cars bought a hyundai accent and lost so much money on it it wasnt even funny. Bought it for $1100 because it needed a new trans. Trying to get the old trans out was a nightmare... I must have had at least 10 bolts snap off on me that i had to drill out. The rack and pinion was a nightmare to get back in. Put a new trans i got for $1000 in it and fired it up. Drove it down the street took it on the freeway to see if all the gears worked and it made this awful noise from the engine and started blowing black smoke out the exhaust. Got it towed home which cost $70 took the engine apart and i have no idea how but a chunk broke away from the piston and chewed up the entire cyclinder wall beyond boring it... So i got a new engine for $1500 and by this time i was in the hole. Repairs exceeded what the car was worth. So i was at the end of my rope. I put the new engine in and as im bolting it up to the trans a chunk of the block that had the screw hole snapped off... And i mean a big chunk. At least the size of a base ball. I couldnt believe it. I wasnt even torquing on it i was prob putting about 15 lbs of pressure on it. So i ended up putting it on craiglist for free after i carved profanities all over its body lol. After that hyundai left a bad taste in my mouth that i just cant over come no matter how nice their cars look now.

Page 26 of 95 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast