autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

I looked at the Genesis when I got my TL, was also looking at BMW, AUdi...anyone that put together a compact to mid-size AWD with good power. Genesis was a nice car and I could be driving one right now if they would just put an AWD system in their cars. They have matched or beat a lot of power plants other companies have but not having all wheel drive seems like a big miss on their behalf.

If you live where it snows .
    M
    2012 Acura TL Graphite Luster 6MT AWD
    2013 Mazda Mazda3 Velocity Red 6MT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    They are not there yet but every new model brings them a little bit closer.
    if Hyundai had been around as long as the competition (toyota, honda, nissan, etc), who knows where they would be right now (yes, they learned from their mistakes in the beginning just like any other auto manufacturer). it's been only up from here and they keep climbing the ladder. toyota needs to fire their R&D staff, their cars have been boring in exterior styling for quite some time and they haven't seemed to have changed much over the past few years...

Post Thanks / Like

Not only have they learned from their mistakes, but they should be able to learn quite well from the mistakes of everyone that has been around longer.

Companies like toyota, honda, nissan, or anyone that has been in the game for years have spent huge amounts of money on developing technology that Hyundai can buy for the price of the vehicle and tear apart. This greatly increases their ability to catch up with the competition and as long as they put some pride into their product, the name portion comes around.
    M
    2012 Acura TL Graphite Luster 6MT AWD
    2013 Mazda Mazda3 Velocity Red 6MT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crxman2010 View Post
    Not only have they learned from their mistakes, but they should be able to learn quite well from the mistakes of everyone that has been around longer.

Companies like toyota, honda, nissan, or anyone that has been in the game for years have spent huge amounts of money on developing technology that Hyundai can buy for the price of the vehicle and tear apart. This greatly increases their ability to catch up with the competition and as long as they put some pride into their product, the name portion comes around.

With the resources available today it is much easier for Hyundai to make the huge gains in quality control, performance and styling to close that gap with Honda, Toyota, and Nissan.
    Not only that but they have made a commitment to pushing the envelope by coming out with new models on a much faster basis than they're competition.

While Hyundai has been in the US market place since the late 80's they have literally come from nowhere to challenge the Honda's, Toyota's and Nissan's who have been here decades longer.

It is also a tribute to their long term planning and aggressive management that they have developed a new, innovative business model where they are willing to back up their cars with 100,000 mile warranties and guaranteeing the trade in values of their cars to recapture new sales.

The fact that they are not just sitting on their accomplishments but are constantly striving to improve their cars only adds to the reputation they have earned.

They do indeed have the advantage of benefiting from the money spent over the years by their competition to utilize that technology, but it also seems to me that they are improving on that R&D to make their cars that much better.

Midnight Blue

Post Thanks / Like

did you know that hyundai were the best selling car brand in quebec for like 3 years in a row, and we are starting to see a bunch of 4 doors genesis as well as a good couple of equus around here.

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd2R4sb1BsE]Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama Plant Tour - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4xkTGg5N0c]2012 Detroit: 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Al, I was at the NAIAS today with my father who was a GM dealer for 25 years. He was very impressed with their quality vs price. I still want them to come out with an AWD EQQUS. You'd see one in my driveway.
    Kia's Optima looks amazing too. We passed several of them driving to Florida and back a week ago. They had a black/black Limited (new model) on the floor with chrome wheels that looked stunning!

Post Thanks / Like

Kia and Hyundai are on a roll. I would choose any of their cars over anything Honda or Toyota offers.
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

I can believe it.

I've got a 2012 Genesis Sedan R-Spec in my garage right now.

I looked at a lot of other cars, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti and such but at anywhere near the price, none of them could match the looks, 429HP, 25+ Average MPG and all the standard electronics...all this in a car that can run on Regular fuel.

The only options you could order were different road rubber and and IPod cable.
    Everything (and I mean everything) else was already included in the base price.

From an 8" Traffic enabled XM NAV system to heated front and rear seats, this car has everything my wife's Infiniti M45 has save a passenger cooled seat (the drivers side is cooled, and that's where I sit anyways)
    All at a price about $25K less.

Day-to-day driving is much better than my last car, a Chrysler 300C SRT8 Vortec S/C and it's just as much fun when you want to smell some burning rubber.

Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast