autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photography

Post Thanks / Like

Photography

I was just wondering who all else is into photography as a hobby? I've been depressed lately as I've lost roughly 3500 pictures when my computer died, and took my extra hard-drive with it along with all my pics. I was just wanting to see what you other people are shooting? I have a D60 (upgrading to a D90 shortly) with my kit lens, a 70-300mm VR lens, 35mm f1.8 and a 50mm f1.8. I will definitely be sharing some shots when I get some free time to shoot more.

I do have one of my photoshop pics that were saved to my flickr, so I have posted that in the mean time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Photography

I used to do photography as a profession, now I do it as a hobby. Lost photos? Don't you have backups of those?

Post Thanks / Like

It's my favorite hobby. I have a home studio and mainly do kid pics (family, friends). I have a D700, my favorite piece of glass is a 24-70 2.8. A ton of studio equipment/lighting etc as well.

I just picked up a Panasonic GF-1 with a 20mm 1.7 so I have a pocketable SLR like camera, great for car pics

Sorry to hear about the pic loss. My main studio computer is an imac and I love its auto backup feature (time machine).

Post Thanks / Like

Do you still have the hard drives? If you do, there are programs that can do recovery. I was lucky enough to be able to recover some files I deleted off a memory card, and a hard drive that Windows wouldn't work on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    It's my favorite hobby. I have a home studio and mainly do kid pics (family, friends). I have a D700, my favorite piece of glass is a 24-70 2.8. A ton of studio equipment/lighting etc as well.

I just picked up a Panasonic GF-1 with a 20mm 1.7 so I have a pocketable SLR like camera, great for car pics
    That's cool you have the GF-1, I was just reading up on that camera - The reviews were great! Have you posted any pictures that you took with it?
    JJKACZ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkacz View Post
    That's cool you have the GF-1, I was just reading up on that camera - The reviews were great! Have you posted any pictures that you took with it?
    Here's one from in my garage, no flash. The 20mm pancake is just so much fun on a walk around body. I have many others (people, nature, etc.) if there is something else you want a demo of.

I highly recommend this camera setup if you like to travel and just want to toss something in the suitcase with you, but still be creative. Here is another one, shot in b/w (normally would do my own conversion, but was lazy). Just leaned up against a pillar for hand held support (bought a gorillapod now).

Link to others from that night:
    Washington D.C. - raiphotography's Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    I used to do photography as a profession, now I do it as a hobby. Lost photos? Don't you have backups of those?
    No, I dont have the back-ups, and I've already taken my drive to 2 friends to try and recover the pics, but they're gone for good. I Just take that as a lesson, dont put all your pics in one place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01xtreme View Post
    No, I dont have the back-ups, and I've already taken my drive to 2 friends to try and recover the pics, but they're gone for good. I Just take that as a lesson, dont put all your pics in one place.
    Just wondering if you / they have tried Spinrite on the drives?

Post Thanks / Like

I back up my photos on a 100 terabyte external hard drive just in case the one in my computer fails.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    Just wondering if you / they have tried Spinrite on the drives?
    Yeah, the first friend I took my drive to tried that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I back up my photos on a 100 terabyte external hard drive just in case the one in my computer fails.
    The sad part is I tell people this all day long at work, but I didnt practice what I preach, and now I'm paying for it. I did just buy a 2TB external hard drive, and I will keep all my pics backed up there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast