autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So I contacted Griot's Garage about "Lifetime Warranty"...

I'm in the market for a DA and have read TONS of good reviews about the Griot's ROP, but one aspect didn't quite add up to me-- the "Lifetime Warranty". Too good to be true? Maybe. There have also been varying opinions about what the warranty covers and to what extent amongst us fellow AGO members. I hope the following E-mails between Heidi (Griot's Garage representative) and myself clear things up for those who ever questioned or had concerns about the "Lifetime Warranty".

Everyone is free to come to their own conclusion about this matter upon further reading.

Comment if you wish; just thought this information would help someone else who may be looking at the Griot's ROP.

Me:
    Hey,

I'm interested in purchasing a new DA soon and came across your new
    Griot's ROP. I head about it from AutoGeekOnline.net and learned that
    Griot's Garage offers a "Lifetime Guarantee" for the polisher. That
    sounds like an amazing deal, but is there a catch? Something in fine
    print that I must have missed? I'm not detailer, just an average
    person trying to make his car look good so I won't be using this on a
    daily basis, just a few times a year.

For example, if I purchase this DA and it breaks down on me for some
    reason in 3 years, I'll be able to get a new one from you guys, right?

What all does your Lifetime Guarantee include?

Thanks.

Heidi:
    Hi Ali,
    You are absolutely right about our lifetime warranty. The lifetime warranty covers against defect and we also have a 6 month guarantee that covers you for any reason you are not happy with the product or it doesn't meet your expectations. If we have upgraded our product by the time you need a replacement, then you will get the newer model. I have our six inch random orbital and the three inch and they are so user friendly you are going to love it. You can enjoy waxing and polishing your paint without the worry and stress of possibly burning it. This polisher gets the job done and is completely safe even for the rookie detailer! We do have a 15% off discount on orders over $150 right now that runs until January 24th if you are in the market between now and then you can save some money that way! Thank you so much for your question, feel free to respond to this email if you have any other inquiries! Have a great week!

Have fun in your garage!

Heidi Jones
    Customer Service Representative
    Griot's Garage

Me:
    Hey Heidi,

Thanks for the prompt reply! I do have some more questions though, more for clarification then anything else. In your response you said that there's a Lifetime Warranty AND a 6 month guarantee -- wouldn't the lifetime warranty cover the 6 months?

Also, you said the lifetime warranty covers any defects, but what if the DA becomes defective after a few years of moderate use, will it be covered for replacement? From my understanding, that's what lifetime warranty is, right?

Sorry for the questions, just want to cover my bases before I bite the bullet and purchase a DA! It's between the new Meguiar's G110v2 and this Griot's ROP -- tough decision!

Thanks!

Heidi:
    Hi Ali,
    The 6 month guarantee covers for ANY reason the product isn’t up to your expectation or you decide you aren’t happy with it. The lifetime covers any defect in the product. So if for any reason, years down the line, there is an issue with your orbital not functioning…we replace it for you. I know if may sound to good to be true but we really do back our products 100%. As far as warranties go we are one of the best in the business. I completely understand you wanting to be absolutely sure before you invest that kind of money into your detailing goods. But with Griot’s you are never going to have to worry about that! Let me know if you have any other concerns!

Have fun in your garage!

Heidi Jones
    Customer Service Representative
    Griot's Garage

The sentence in bold is what I thought was the most important part.

Take it as you will.

Happy detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So I contacted Griot's Garage about "Lifetime Warranty"...

Thanks for the post. Too bad it's not in writing. I have a Griot RO and no warranty card as most things that you buy that has a warranty. Maybe you can e-mail her back and find out why there is no warranty certificate. TYIA

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, I'll post here when/if she responds.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you need a warranty card if you KNOW it's covered with a Lifetime warranty? I hate it when people are skeptical for no reason. You wanted it in writing, it's right there. :\ The Griot's has a lifetime warranty...what difference will having a card make?

I've used it and you constantly being skeptical about a lifetime warranty when it's been stated by just about everyone who owns one is just kicking a dead dog. The lifetime warranty is real and it works. I've got first-hand knowledge of this as I've just recently had to use mine and got a replacement machine, no questions asked.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they will upgrade mine . I have the old model . I've had it little over a year .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adrock2003 View Post
    Why do you need a warranty card if you KNOW it's covered with a Lifetime warranty? I hate it when people are skeptical for no reason. You wanted it in writing, it's right there. : The Griot's has a lifetime warranty...what difference will having a card make?

I've used it and you constantly being skeptical about a lifetime warranty when it's been stated by just about everyone who owns one is just kicking a dead dog. The lifetime warranty is real and it works. I've got first-hand knowledge of this as I've just recently had to use mine and got a replacement machine, no questions asked.
    What happens if Richard dies and five years later you have nothing in writing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adrock2003 View Post
    I don't know if that was directed towards me or Rsurfer, but there's no need to get hyped up. (If you were very calm in what you wrote, I may have read it wrong and I apologize.) I know there was some confusion about the lifetime warranty amongst AGO members so I decided to go ahead and ask because I wanted to be sure for myself as well. I've read your posts on other threads and you've made it very clear that the Griot's is a very powerful machine and that the lifetime warranty is real because you've had to use it. I trust you man! It's your experience with their lifetime warranty that calms my concerns a bit, but I just had to be sure for myself. I'm sorry if I'm "just kicking a dead dog" -- just want to make sure it's buried correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch34 View Post
    I don't know if that was directed towards me or Rsurfer, but there's no need to get hyped up. (If you were very calm in what you wrote, I may have read it wrong and I apologize.) I know there was some confusion about the lifetime warranty amongst AGO members so I decided to go ahead and ask because I wanted to be sure for myself as well. I've read your posts on other threads and you've made it very clear that the Griot's is a very powerful machine and that the lifetime warranty is real because you've had to use it. I trust you man! It's your experience with their lifetime warranty that calms my concerns a bit, but I just had to be sure for myself. I'm sorry if I'm "just kicking a dead dog" -- just want to make sure it's buried correctly.
    It's now the principle of the warantee. Every machine I ever bought had a warantee card, hell even a $12.00 electric can opener has a warantee card. When I got my Griot RO about 2 months ago I didn't question the warantee cause if it lasted me 2 years I would be happy. I'm not wealthy by any means, but $130 bucks won't take bread and butter off my table. What I'm questioning is that a reputable company would have their warantee in writing.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha...well, I didn't intend for this thread to get so technical..just thought it might help out a fellow detailer looking for a new DA..

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing the info with the rest of us. We all appreciate it.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast