autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Mustang 5.0/412HP

I was going to wait until the beginning of the year and buy a 2010 cheap because the dealers are going to need to move the 2010's off of their lots to make room for the 2011's. I knew the 2011 was getting the 412 hp. motor and the 6-speed manual trans, but i did not know the motor was going to have forged internals!
    Ford will start to take orders for the 2011 in mid to late January, with production slated to start in March. Start saving for that down payment now boys and girls.

Post Thanks / Like

Last week myself ASPAULT ROCKET and probably one of the country's top mustang tuners Hermann Sholzberg went to PRI in Orlando we spent three days walking the convention floor.Ford had the largest display and had all there new engines on display.I can only say this year coming for Ford should blow every other company out of the water in the way of performance.When you can impress Hermann your doing something right
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror Detailing View Post

Dam thats suck's. There sticking with a mod motor design. I would prefer it be slightly less powered and be a push rod style 5.0

###?!?!?!

C'mon mang, ya gotta keep up with the times & modern technology. Things don't always stay the same forever. I understand tradition, but how can a more powerfull, efficient engine package be bad??? Not to mention it'll prolly get decent fuel milage, as well as pass both Federal, as well as Cali emissions standards with flying colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fly bye View Post
    C'mon mang, ya gotta keep up with the times & modern technology. Things don't always stay the same forever. I understand tradition, but how can a more powerfull, efficient engine package be bad??? Not to mention it'll prolly get decent fuel milage, as well as pass both Federal, as well as Cali emissions standards with flying colors.
    Actually, tradition is great, but thats not the reason. I look at it, from a aftermarket stand point. Heads/cams on Mod Motor DOHC are extremely expensive to modify. Now if these new heads have good size valve's and have a good CFM flow, then the heads should be good up to 600-800 HP. Some billet custom grind cam's to change the powerband to either a Nitrous, Turbo, SC, or NA application. Push rod motor's are just ALOT cheapier to rebuild or modify. Only reason the LS1 was so popular and lasted so long.

Now I am not complaining, do I want one of the 2011...better believe it! I just wish Ford would get away from the Mod Motor style, its just to dam expensive to replace or repair things on them.

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Last week myself ASPAULT ROCKET and probably one of the country's top mustang tuners Hermann Sholzberg went to PRI in Orlando we spent three days walking the convention floor.Ford had the largest display and had all there new engines on display.I can only say this year coming for Ford should blow every other company out of the water in the way of performance.When you can impress Hermann your doing something right
    Yeah, Ford looks really good, the new SHO looks awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Dam thats suck's. There sticking with a mod motor design. I would prefer it be slightly less powered and be a push rod style 5.0. But I am only imagine what those things are going to do under a simple boost application. Which I am hoping the design is similar to the 5.0/5.3 stroked DOHC Mach motor's if so! Your going to see some nasty KB, Whipple and Turbo ones running around in the first year of production!
    I'm sure there are going to be some KB cars w/4.10 gears shortly after there release. 5.0, 32V DOHC, full exhaust blower/turbo/N2O, sticky tires and say hello 11's all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fly bye View Post

###?!?!?!

Estimate 25mpg. btw Chevy has done just fine keeping the 350 push rod and just improving on a good design. Having said that I would trade my 5.0 for a 32v modular with zero regrets. It's a heck of a motor, I'm glad to see the 5.0 come back and updated seeing make the power it makes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post
    I'm sure there are going to be some KB cars w/4.10 gears shortly after there release. 5.0, 32V DOHC, full exhaust blower/turbo/N2O, sticky tires and say hello 11's all day.
    11's. Not giving much faith. A tune 2.8 KB one, gears, full exhaust with stick tires, I would put money on a mid to high 10 sec pass.

But again this is betting on the design being similiar to the Mach 1 and Cobra 5.0 stroker's.

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

11's. Not giving much faith. A tune 2.8 KB one, gears, full exhaust with stick tires, I would put money on a mid to high 10 sec pass.

But again this is betting on the design being similiar to the Mach 1 and Cobra 5.0 stroker's.
    lol I'm reserving the times until I learn more. I'm hoping to see them run low 12's (12.3 @112) with just a full exhaust and 4.10's and good tires. Add a KB Mammoth w/supporting mods and they should be dipping into the 10's. We will see, don't want to put the carriage in front of the horse. But they are looking real good on paper right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post
    Yes I am, the UN is fimiliar. Is his car red? If it is who I think it is he recently lowered it and cleaned it up and looked real good.
    Thats it!
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Future Ride- Either the 2008-09 Mustang Shelby GT or base Camaro SS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast