autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Samsung LED TV's

A buddy of mine has a pretty big Samsung LED. I watched TV on it for an hour or two and the quality was simply AWESOME. Lingerie football in HD made it even better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    my son works for home theater co and said they sell more panasonics tvs than any other tvs
    I currently have the highest model Panasonic Viera in the family room (less than 5 months old) , but the picture on both the Samsungs have it beat. I was in three different stores this afternoon and at each store the LED set stands out against them all, it seems to have a glossier screen. Almost had the LED in the car. If only Brandsmart would have dropped another 50.00 as now its become a game to get the deal I want !

I am not happy to hear the service issues however as dont normally consider extended warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by unclestu View Post
    WOW A 37" FOR YOUR SONS ROOM. Can I call you DAD?
    How else is he going to teach me to Wii ??? Besides mommy says daddy and her are going to use the Balance Board option to get Wii Fit. (smiles, like thats gonna happen). I just wanna blow some **** up and it look cool in hi-def.

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    A buddy of mine has a pretty big Samsung LED. I watched TV on it for an hour or two and the quality was simply AWESOME. Lingerie football in HD made it even better!
    Matt nice to see you back, again ! Please tell me that sig doesnt mean the Z06 is gone.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

It is gone unfortunately. But I'm happy to have a newer car with only 10k miles on it... the Vette needed some work and had almost 80k on it! I never used all that power and had been wanting something more docile that I could drive daily for awhile now.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I don't understand. The current LED Samsung panels use exactly the same LCD panels only with LED peripheral back lighting. So...... where's the difference, other than the fact that LED's are a bit more efficient than the high freq. FL tubes and tend to last longer? Don't get me wrong, I think LED back lighting is the way to go, but fundamentally it's still an LCD panel and the only thing that has changed is the type of back lighting.

Now, Sony's organic LED panels are a different story, but I don't think they've been scaled up to the point where it's useful in a full size panel as far as I know.

Regards

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

they suggest, and I cannot confirm, that the blacks are blacker, whites whiter, and all colors more vivid. They certainly "seem" to offer a nicer picture while being more efficient.

Did not hear about Sony having an LED offering, as I understood only a few have starting using it in only the biggest of sets and Samsung brought it to the 40's. I am limited in space right now due to an entertainment center.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I am REALLY wanting OLED technology to progress and get cheap enough to have in full size TV's. I think that move is going to be amazing, as OLED has SUCH a nice view, and can be made super super thin.

Myself right now, have a 50" panasonic plasma and love it for the viewing angle. Have had it for about 2 years with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    a buddy of mine has a pretty big samsung led. I watched tv on it for an hour or two and the quality was simply awesome. Lingerie football in hd made it even better!
    lol :d

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Anyone out there own one of these sets ??? Honest thoughts and reviews appreciated especially those using in the real world ??? Is the product any better than the 40' LCD offering by Samsung (650 series)

Why does it seem like only Samsung and Toshiba are using the newer LED lighting technology in tv's ??

-----------

Factors --- decided to replace a 40' in the main room and place the 37' in sons room. Looking originally at the Samsung LN40B650 and being sold at most retailers for 1000.00 during this holiday weekend. However the ungraded LED unit UN40B6000 is just around 200.00 more with no tax and free shipping from several online retailers.
    I just got one this black Friday sales, 55" for under $1700...haven't even hooked it up...I got the 6000 series...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Check consumer reports December issue (electronics issue) they generally have ratings on all types of TV,s

I recently got a 50 inch Samsung plasma and love it. (my first big TV) however since you play video games you will have to stay away from plasma's

I forgot to add. Check prices at BH Photo. They generally have really good deals.

Post Thanks / Like

I have three Samsung, LCD, Plasma, DLP... love them all but I have been looking at the Samsung LED and the picture is absolutely awesome! I just don't need another TV!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast