autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation My detailing days are over money goes to college.

Guys the time has come my detailing purchasing products days are over. Now that I am getting closer to graduating from college and tuition is going up and finicial aid runs out when I decide to get my Masters degree, I have decided to put all my money from the job I have into the bank to save for school. The only time I will buy detailing products are if they are on special or clearance, have rebates, or buy one get one free deals. College is too much and Id rather save all my money and pay off my loan for school in one lump. Then when I get a good job then I will get back to my detailing days, for sure I know then I could afford anything and everything I want lol!
    Last edited by Demonicus666; 10-03-2006 at 02:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always detail on the side for extra cash too. What is your major? Good luck in school! That is a real achievement to get as far as you've gotten. I wish you all the best for a happy and prosperous future. Good luck in your Master's program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNative
    You could always detail on the side for extra cash too.
    What she said!, side jobs are a nice way to supplement your income and perhaps help you achive your goals sooner..

My2c

Post Thanks / Like
    In grad skewl, they give you lots more $ on student loans!
    I serve society by ROCKING!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I could detail on the side but I have no time. I graduate in a year and a half hopefully. My major is political science and my minor is criminal justice. Thank you FloridaNative for the best in my future endeavors. True true if i have time i will detail for side jobs to earn a little bit more money. Thanks for the encouragement guys, like I said before when I graduate and get a good job hopefully I then will be able to get back into buying detailing stuff and I know for sure I can afford it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterguitar
    In grad skewl, they give you lots more $ on student loans!
    SCOOTEGUITAR HIYA DOIN Demon try and do small detail jobs on the side wash/wax esp at school this would be a great place to market yourself use up the products you own have pocket $$ and still try different items here and there, plus come back and visit the boards and show off your work. I know you'll be busy but once your known for the guy who puts the Bling back into fellow students vehicle you'll be the goto guy

btw, you can't just quit you'll have to ween yourself ( OCD)..

Post Thanks / Like
    yup thanks joe. p i could do a detailing day at school during the summer and christmas breaks. I know I cant just quit its a hard thing to do. During the summer since I plan not to go to summer school, I will put up price ranges on waxing polishing, etc sheet so that sutdents can see what they want and I price it from there. What are good prices for say just for a exterior quicky? Full detail??

Post Thanks / Like
    Your taking the correct road ..... just keep an eye out for AG Sales, and pickup items like the DP Line (great products and great prices) when possible.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    i feel your pain. but im only in my second year of college, so ive still got a ways to go before i can really spend what i want on my detailing =p

Post Thanks / Like
    you just gotta break the barriers of time! i go to college full time and my last paycheck counted 19.6 hours OT and i still did side jobs! only problem is im washing my own car at 10 at night!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast