autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 581 of 583 FirstFirst ... 81481531571572573574575576577578579580581582583 LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 5822
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are you listening to...?

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Who remembers Space: 1999?

I wasn't even born when this TV series first aired, ironically, I was watching it in about 1999 as a teen and would later buy the DVD box sets. I have no idea why I enjoyed it so much, perhaps the lame special effects? Or the impossible story line? Maybe the eclectic mix of actor nationalities, there was even Aussie actor called Nick Tate. But what I loved most of all was the theme song from series one.

The below video is a recreation of that theme song using the original sheet music composed by Barry Gray. What's interesting is how many instruments and musicians were needed to create that song, the guitar being the most prominent. Probably best listened to with headphones, you'll have the neighbors thinking you have opened a disco nightclub.

Loved the description of the song too...................

"............a badass disco guitar TV theme...................."

3. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Who remembers Space: 1999?

I wasn't even born when this TV series first aired, ironically, I was watching it in about 1999 as a teen and would later buy the DVD box sets. I have no idea why I enjoyed it so much, perhaps the lame special effects? Or the impossible story line? Maybe the eclectic mix of actor nationalities, there was even Aussie actor called Nick Tate. But what I loved most of all was the theme song from series one.

The below video is a recreation of that theme song using the original sheet music composed by Barry Gray. What's interesting is how many instruments and musicians were needed to create that song, the guitar being the most prominent. Probably best listened to with headphones, you'll have the neighbors thinking you have opened a disco nightclub.

Loved the description of the song too...................

"............a badass disco guitar TV theme...................."

I grew up watching this, and I do have both seasons on DVD, great theme too.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

5. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I grew up watching this, and I do have both seasons on DVD, great theme too.

Believe it or not, despite plenty knowing about it, I have never "met" another person who has actually watched Space: 1999. When I was watching it back then, there was a bit of cringe factor about it, however I think you have to watch it knowing that its someone's imagination running wild rather than it being some serious affair.

The second season's theme song was nowhere near as good, it lacked the intoxicating guitar. Although it did feature the divine Catherine Schell.

I Always wanted one of those laser guns as well, with Stun and Kill modes!

7. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, despite plenty knowing about it, I have never "met" another person who has actually watched Space: 1999. When I was watching it back then, there was a bit of cringe factor about it, however I think you have to watch it knowing that its someone's imagination running wild rather than it being some serious affair.

The second season's theme song was nowhere near as good, it lacked the intoxicating guitar. Although it did feature the divine Catherine Schell.

I Always wanted one of those laser guns as well, with Stun and Kill modes!

Both me and my brother are huge science fiction fans, especially British stuff, but we had our favourites, he was more Doctor Who, I was more Space 1999, but we also both liked Star Trek, and that's all of them. We both really liked Blake 7, which has just about the cheapest special effects and sets you'll see anywhere. When you're young it's easy to look past the cheap sets, props, and special effects.

On Space 1999, they actually did have some good props, what about the communicators with the little video screens. I loved the Eagle transporter as well, I built a plastic model of one growing up.

I might just have to watch it again now.

9. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both me and my brother are huge science fiction fans, especially British stuff, but we had our favourites, he was more Doctor Who, I was more Space 1999, but we also both liked Star Trek, and that's all of them. We both really liked Blake 7, which has just about the cheapest special effects and sets you'll see anywhere. When you're young it's easy to look past the cheap sets, props, and special effects.

On Space 1999, they actually did have some good props, what about the communicators with the little video screens. I loved the Eagle transporter as well, I built a plastic model of one growing up.

The thing is, I never got into anything Sci-Fi beyond Space: 1999.

So much of what you watched took a lot effort create. I'm sure you have seen this playlist.................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ2l...l5rfZQlQT-I1Ni

11. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, currently watching the first episode, "Breakaway".........................

13. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, currently watching the first episode, "Breakaway".........................

I watched this when it was originally on and was a fan (great cast) but I was just a teenager. It recently surfaced in syndication on one of the cable channels we get so I've re-watched a number of episodes starting from the beginning. IIRC at the time this was considered an enormously expensive production, especially for the BBC. Interesting guest stars along the way with Ian McShane in episode 2 and later on actors such as Peter Cushing, Brian Blessed, Julian Glover and even Leo McKern (for any "Rumpole of the Bailey" fans). As I watch it now, though, I'm blown away by how inane the premise is but derive pleasure from the impossibility of what is happening paired with the retro-cheesiness (in hindsight) of the production.

15. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_in_Chicago View Post
    I watched this when it was originally on and was a fan (great cast) but I was just a teenager. It recently surfaced in syndication on one of the cable channels we get so I've re-watched a number of episodes starting from the beginning. IIRC at the time this was considered an enormously expensive production, especially for the BBC. Interesting guest stars along the way with Ian McShane in episode 2 and later on actors such as Peter Cushing, Brian Blessed, Julian Glover and even Leo McKern (for any "Rumpole of the Bailey" fans). As I watch it now, though, I'm blown away by how inane the premise is but derive pleasure from the impossibility of what is happening paired with the retro-cheesiness (in hindsight) of the production.
    I would have been something like 14 when I was watching the series on "Nick at Night". There are two episodes that gave me nightmares -

S1 EP02 - Force of Life. The ending scenes of the man throwing himself into a nuclear reactor had me terrified for years! I was deadly scared of anything nuclear, still am.

S1 EP08 - The Dragons Domain. The unkillable monster was terrifying!

18. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 581 of 583 FirstFirst ... 81481531571572573574575576577578579580581582583 LastLast